[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lee Suggs now a Jet

Skrappy1

Wow, Rotoworld is right on top of it. Here's a link now:

ClevelandBrowns.com reports that the Jets have acquired Lee Suggs in exchange for CB Derrick Straight.

Don't hand him the starting job just yet. The Jets aren't giving up much in Straight, and Suggs has failed to impress two Cleveland coaching staffs. While Suggs is back on the fantasy radar as a late-round option, he has stay healthy and prove he's a better back than Cedric Houston, Derrick Blaylock, and Leon Washington. History would indicate that staying healthy will be hard enough.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...ort=NFL&id=2575

Another mediocre running back for the Jets ::D

I gotta agree. Suggs doesn't do much for me. He's another injury prone guy. Talented? Yes. NFL-caliber material? Don't believe so, IMHO. :D

Kudos to the team for recognizing the need and doing something about it -- but the bad thing is that this should never have been a need. The prior regime should never have allowed Jordan to walk away, and the current one was told by CuMar to draft a RB this year. How many starting RB's tell the team management to draft their replacement???

The team shut the barn door long after the cows ran away.

Question is as a Martin Owner (autopicked) should I drop Martin and grab Suggs? We don't have much bench room.

I gotta agree. Suggs doesn't do much for me. He's another injury prone guy. Talented? Yes. NFL-caliber material? Don't believe so, IMHO. :D

Kudos to the team for recognizing the need and doing something about it -- but the bad thing is that this should never have been a need. The prior regime should never have allowed Jordan to walk away, and the current one was told by CuMar to draft a RB this year. How many starting RB's tell the team management to draft their replacement???

The team shut the barn door long after the cows ran away.

I'm shocked (especially after Martin told mgmnt what he did) that the Jets didn't make the move to grab Bush at no1. That would've breathed a whole new life to that team... Or even traded down to get a guy like Deangelo Williams or Laurence Maroney!

I'm with Crazysight. Suggs is a guy who has proven he can get it done at RB quite well. Remember a couple of years back when Wee Willie Green got suspended and Suggs took over the RB gig fulltime?

This was also when the Browns O'line was not very good and then had a couple of starters out, so it went from being not very good to abysmal.

It was also when they took their first look at what they had in Frye.

So with basically a 2nd team O'line and a rookie at QB, Suggs had rushing games of 105 yards vs San Diego, 143 yards vs Miami & 131 yards against Houston.

But good lord is he ever an injury risk.

Suggs makes Fragile Freddy & DeShaun Foster look like Iron Men.

Question is as a Martin Owner (autopicked) should I drop Martin and grab Suggs? We don't have much bench room.

So I say again. What to do?

So I say again. What to do?

How many moves are you allowed?

If unlimited, drop Martin and grab Suggs. Watch the rest of the pre season games closely and keep your trigger finger right on top of the drop / acquire button in case Houston or Blaylock clearly becomes the lead dog.

My .02

If the coaching staff wasn't sold on Houston last season, they never will be. I know that this is a new regime, but I thought he performed well behind what was probably the league's worst O-line's. Suggs can get it done, if given the right chance and if he stays healthy SOMEHOW!

Lee Suggs was a bonafide stud in college. He put up some seriously eyepopping numbers, and took a strong work load.

Since he's been in the NFL, he always seems to be dinged & he's been in a sytem notoriously poor for RBs. It ought to be well worth watching to see if he can right his career. I don't see a hell of a lot of help at RB for the Jets behind Martin, so if Suggs is ever going to make an impact he ought to do it this year.

"The team shut the barn door long after the cows ran away"

Cows can run? That would be quite a site to see...

Happy cows from California can... :D

To BB's point, I am horrified to admit that I am not a big-time follower of college football so I cannot really comment on what he did in college. I am glad the Jets made a move and in retrospect, how big a name could they have just traded for? We're used to watching a guy like CuMar carry the load and I'm having a hard time believing that Suggs will do so as well, mainly because of his injury history. If he stays healthy and does a solid job, I'll eat crow.

Edited by The Wolf

Suggs certainly has a lot of talent -- as BB said, anyone who paid attention to him at VT knows how good he is. I had him as my #1 rookie RB that year (talent-wise), over Larry Johnson and Onterrio Smith.

However, I find it hard to believe he'll even make the team. It's unusual to keep 4 RBs on the active roster and, including Martin, the Jets already have four. Suggs is #5. If Martin calls it quits, Suggs is still on the bubble and he'd be fighting against 3 other guys who've been in the offense all offseason.

I'll put it another way: Derrick Strait wasn't a lock to make the roster, so Suggs isn't either.

well i just picked Suggs up in one of my leagues so I'll hope for the best.