[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fincher stock dropping like a rock

It's only one preseason game, but it was obvious Fincher had the mentality of a deer in headlights in the gave vs Tennessee. Despite getting his fair amount of time on the field Fincher ended up with just one tackle on the evening. If the Saints don't bring in another possibility at MLB (I'm betting they do), Foreman may well be the starter at the beginning of the season. The only solid player (still not a standout) was Bockwoldt. However I don't think he will win the WLB position over Polley who was out for Sunday's game.

It's only one preseason game, but it was obvious Fincher had the mentality of a deer in headlights in the gave vs Tennessee. Despite getting his fair amount of time on the field Fincher ended up with just one tackle on the evening. If the Saints don't bring in another possibility at MLB (I'm betting they do), Foreman may well be the starter at the beginning of the season. The only solid player (still not a standout) was Bockwoldt. However I don't think he will win the WLB position over Polley who was out for Sunday's game.

I hope Polley gets healthy and keeps his job. Took over an orphan team - start 4 linebackers and Polley is one of them :D

Yeah it's early. If the Aints DON'T bring anyone else in at MLB, Fincher's a decent, deep sleeper. You gotta think that the "deer in headlights disease" will clear by September. But yes, I could see Foreman starting should Fincher stay "caught in the headlights". I'm contending Fincher comes around by then.

Edit: And from what I've read, Bockwoldt's now buried at SLB despite getting the start this weekend. Also, I think Polley could be a decent deep sleeper as he had a decent end to the '05 campaign in Baltimore. This is just a situation to avoid for now, unless you're in a deep league or really struggling to find LB talent.

Edited by darin3

Yeah it's early. If the Aints DON'T bring anyone else in at MLB, Fincher's a decent, deep sleeper. You gotta think that the "deer in headlights disease" will clear by September. But yes, I could see Foreman starting should Fincher stay "caught in the headlights". I'm contending Fincher comes around by then.

Edit: And from what I've read, Bockwoldt's now buried at SLB despite getting the start this weekend. Also, I think Polley could be a decent deep sleeper as he had a decent end to the '05 campaign in Baltimore. This is just a situation to avoid for now, unless you're in a deep league or really struggling to find LB talent.

I don't think you can classify Bockwoldt as a SLB or WLB right now. He will probably be a backup for both although he is likely to be a better WLB.

http://www.wwl.com/Article.asp?id=251204&spid=10173

Be that as it may, they looked things over and went back to work in Jackson on Monday. Jay Foreman lined up as the starting middle linebacker instead of Alfred Fincher. Do you think they needed to look at the films to see that Fincher had no tackles in the game?

With LB'ers struggling it'll mean more tackles for the safeties.

How is Harper progressing?

All I know is that they've moved him to backing up the strong side rather than FS. I guess that means he's progressing well. I'm sure rajn will have more to add.

So Josh Bullocks isn't in danger of losing his starting job right??? I wasn't aware that Harper was getting work at FS. Guess I just had blinders on since I am a Bullocks owner....

According to KFFL, Harper had moved from FS to SS. Truth be told, I haven't followed the Saints' D much in the past month or so. It's a mess.

With LB'ers struggling it'll mean more tackles for the safeties.

How is Harper progressing?

Appologies Randall, I didn't see your question before. Harper is playing well, but the staff seems to want to bring him on slowly. They have been starting Stoutmire at SS who hasn't played very well up to this point according to camp viewers. If Stoutmire continues his weak play Bellamy or Bryan Scott may step in as the starter for a while, but Harper is the definate future there. I'm guessing Peyton would prefer to have a veteran safety back there for now as opposed to a 2nd year FS & a rookie SS. I honestly don't think it will take very long for Harper to get the nod, he just has to earn it first.

So Josh Bullocks isn't in danger of losing his starting job right??? I wasn't aware that Harper was getting work at FS. Guess I just had blinders on since I am a Bullocks owner....

Bullocks is the starting FS & a lock at the position. Harper, to my knowledge, has always only been a consideration for the SS position.