[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MNF

Sigalf03

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was with the lack of replays. They were so busy talking to themselves! Yuck!

I know it was only preseason, but why are they interviewing Brooks for 8 minutes while the game is going on? The split screen thing was horrible. We don't need to see, the player you are talking to!

What was with the lack of replays. They were so busy talking to themselves! Yuck!

I know it was only preseason, but why are they interviewing Brooks for 8 minutes while the game is going on? The split screen thing was horrible. We don't need to see, the player you are talking to!

Agreed on all counts.

Show some replays and get rid of the half-screen interview junk.

Theismann is awful but that fat bald guy they had with him last year was even worse. Kornheiser at least is somewhat of an improvement. I respect his opinions and I liked when he answered viewer e-mails. On a completely different note, all 3 guys last night wore their ties WAY too long and looked ridiculous.

My favorite crew of all time is still Al, Frank and Dan. :D

That was my biggest beef. They spent WAY too long BSing on the sidelines. I hope that doesn't carry over into the season.

Probably wearing my age on my sleeve here...

My all time favorite MNF announcers were Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell & Don Meredith.

I don't know if anyone will ever match that trio.

Certainly NOT these guys :D

Nothing screams fear and intimidation like purple and yellow. Pearson should push every Viking to the ground on a daily basis just to see the color of their tears.

And don't get me started on Theismann (rhymes with Heisman). He's David Hasselhoffian.

I'd like to see 1 well respected football guy, with the gift of gab..Al Michaels perhaps, and 2 regular football fans. like the man show, with Al providing the direction

Although the playboy idea really has merit...a nice simul-cast on HBO would be teh r0x0rs!

actually, just get rid of Joe ThighsGONE and I'm happy.

Sirius has a delay.

Yep, you have to have Tivo and be able to pause and much it up. It is a bit of a pain, but, once you have it matched up, it is awesome... :D I always listen to the Steelers radio broadcast of their games.

Probably wearing my age on my sleeve here...

My all time favorite MNF announcers were Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell & Don Meredith.

I don't know if anyone will ever match that trio.

Certainly NOT these guys :D

Cosell? :D I did like Gifford and Meredith kept telling Howard he had a firm grasp of the obvious. That was a good line.

Yep, you have to have Tivo and be able to pause and much it up. It is a bit of a pain, but, once you have it matched up, it is awesome... :D I always listen to the Steelers radio broadcast of their games.

It doesn't have to be perfect because you usually aren't looking at annpuncers talking. It is nice having both home and away announcers.

Edited by Randall

Cosell? :D I did like Gifford and Meredith kept telling Howard he had a firm grasp of the obvious. That was a good line.

I'm talking about how the three announcers meshed together. I haven't heard a Monday Night announcing crew come close, to matching those guys.

I'm sure I'll get bashed for this, but Madden ain't all that bad either...once you get past his various "Booms". Guy drops some real knowledge occasionally, for us hard core fans and yet keeps it light enough for the less passionate.

Pretty tough balancing act if you ask me. Not saying he's perfect, but he's the best at it on air today.

Nothing screams fear and intimidation like purple and yellow. Pearson should push every Viking to the ground on a daily basis just to see the color of their tears.

And don't get me started on Theismann (rhymes with Heisman). He's David Hasselhoffian.

You do know that he changed the pronounciation of his name when he was in college because he thought he was going to win the Heisman? Before his senior year, his name was pronounced Theesman.

I'm talking about how the three announcers meshed together. I haven't heard a Monday Night announcing crew come close, to matching those guys.

I'm sure I'll get bashed for this, but Madden ain't all that bad either...once you get past his various "Booms". Guy drops some real knowledge occasionally, for us hard core fans and yet keeps it light enough for the less passionate.

Pretty tough balancing act if you ask me. Not saying he's perfect, but he's the best at it on air today.

I agree. I never minded Madden....actually kinda like him.

Thiesman is an idiot but at least we don't have to listen to him AND Macguire. The both of them together was almost unbearable.

The jury is still out on Kornheiser.