[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mewelde Moore

Hugh 0ne

Childress is saying that Taylor (9 for 18 yds) is his guy I guess. :D

I was hoping at least there would be a fair competition with each getting time with the #1 unit. :D

Childress has been saying that all along...what indication was there that it would be a competition?

Fallen from grace? The guy had like 2-3 good games in his career. He is/was way overrated.

I meant fallen from grace in regards to being the #2 guy THIS season. I was just surprised to see Childress use Fason before Moore, that was my point.

Childress is saying that Taylor (9 for 18 yds) is his guy I guess. :D

I was hoping at least there would be a fair competition with each getting time with the #1 unit. :D

I was hoping that RBBC in MIN would have left with Tice. But I don't see it happening this year. None of these guys are good enough to be featured.

I was hoping that RBBC in MIN would have left with Tice. But I don't see it happening this year. None of these guys are good enough to be featured.

It will. Taylor will be the feature back. Moore is dumb, and fumbles a lot. If Taylor gets hurt, I think you might see Ciatrick Fason as the new feature back. That's pure speculation on my part.

Wrong.

How do you figure? What has Chester Taylor done in his career to demonstrate he's a lock as a #1 guy? Mewelde Moore at least has proven to be versatile with this same group of Vikings and shown improvement in his 2 seasons.

How do you figure? What has Chester Taylor done in his career to demonstrate he's a lock as a #1 guy? Mewelde Moore at least has proven to be versatile with this same group of Vikings and shown improvement in his 2 seasons.

Mewelde Moore makes a lot of mental mistakes. And he fumbles. This will not sit well with Childress. They paid Taylor a big chunk of change. He's going to be the feature back. If he fails or gets hurt, IMHO, you will see a RBBC with Moore and Fason, which will probably favor Fason before too long.

Mewelde Moore makes a lot of mental mistakes. And he fumbles.

NFL.com says he's fumbled twice in his career, losing the ball once. :D

Chester Taylor has fumbled eight times in his career, losing the ball six times.

NFL.com says he's fumbled twice in his career, losing the ball once. :D

Chester Taylor has fumbled eight times in his career, losing the ball six times.

What? Now you want to throw facts into the argument? Nice, real nice. :D

OK, so maybe Taylor fumbles more. I seem to remember Moore losing the ball several times, maybe I was wrong. Although he did fumble again last night, but he was luckily down by contact. Tice benched a healthy Moore last year when Moore went out on a screen, dropped the ball, and casually walked away. Unfortunately, Moore was behind the line of scrimmage, so it was a fumble, and the other team recovered. Pretty bad mistake and lack of effort by Moore, and while I think Tice is a moran, the benching was aproppriate imo. He also has a tough time picking up the blitz. Not saying Taylor is any better, I've just seen a lot of negative things from Moore when he's been given the opportunity to play, and the Vikes didn't sign Taylor to a big contract to have him backup Moore.

Not that I think that Moore is featured-back material, but Chester Taylor isn't much better.

Not saying Taylor is any better, I've just seen a lot of negative things from Moore when he's been given the opportunity to play, and the Vikes didn't sign Taylor to a big contract to have him backup Moore.

And I'm not particularly saying Moore is any better. Actually, I'll go ahead and say they are roughly the same.

Taylor's definitely not being paid to backup Moore, but there's no reason anyone should be sold on the idea that he's any better. I can't pinpoint mental mistakes that Moore's made over his two seasons, I just don't watch the Vikings that closely. I can point to those pesky facts that show Moore has demonstrated to be the more effective runner, the more effective receiver out of the backfield, the more experienced back as a starter, and hangs on to the ball better.

Adding Taylor is a solid football move for the Vikes, and will translate into more wins on the field. It's an overrated fantasy move however, because Taylor isn't a particularly different player than the guys who were already there. This has RBBC all over it. :D

Edited by godtomsatan

Adding Taylor is a solid football move for the Vikes, and will translate into more wins on the field. It's an overrated fantasy move however, because Taylor isn't a particularly different player than the guys who were already there. This has RBBC all over it. :D

There's going to be at least some RBBC here, given that neither of these guys have gotten anywhere near 200 carries in a season, they're both on the small side, and that neither are very good to begin with. Throw in the fact that Taylor showed up to camp out of shape and there may be even more.

Chester Taylor is the starting running back for the Vikings...Moore will get some spot duty and Fason might get some goal line duty but this is not a RBBC by any means...everything that the Vikings have said agrees with this

And I'm not particularly saying Moore is any better. Actually, I'll go ahead and say they are roughly the same.

Taylor's definitely not being paid to backup Moore, but there's no reason anyone should be sold on the idea that he's any better. I can't pinpoint mental mistakes that Moore's made over his two seasons, I just don't watch the Vikings that closely. I can point to those pesky facts that show Moore has demonstrated to be the more effective runner, the more effective receiver out of the backfield, the more experienced back as a starter, and hangs on to the ball better.

To me it's very simple: Moore is a holdover from the last coaching staff. Taylor was hand-picked by Childress to be "the guy" and has said so. That tells me everything I need to know about opportunity within the system.

Effectivness with those touches is another story. If Taylor proves incapable of handling a full load I could see it devolving into RBBC, but not until he's been given EVERY chance to succeed. Taylor failing to produce is a direct indictment of one of Childress' major first moves as a coach.

Despite what you guys are speculating here, Taylor will be the clear #1 RB in Minnesota. The reason being, he can block and he can block very well. The other RB's can't block for crap. One of the chief duties this season in particular will be to keep Brad Johnson from getting injured. Taylor is an essential element in keeping that from happening.

Edited by Savage Beatings

Despite what you guys are speculating here, Taylor will be the clear #1 RB in Minnesota. The reason being, he can block and he can block very well. The other RB's can't block for crap. One of the chief duties this season in particular will be to keep Brad Johnson from getting injured. Taylor is an essential element in keeping that from happening.

They aren't paying him to block.