[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I the only one not drinking the kool-aid

Sugar Magnolia

Kool-aid?

I think most people have Taylor a 3rd-tier back.

yeah....even I have him on my rankings as a 3rd tier back....

and I am pretty much the one pulling the bandwagon...or at least was one of the 1st ones....

I like him better than players like FWP and JJ to name a few...

Hey, some of our most respected members here are women - and Squeegiebo is a woman too, don't downgrade yourself due to gender.

But it WOULD be nice if you'd make me a sammich and grab me a beer before starting the laundry. :D

:D

I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of??

Sorry, still in baseball mode and forgot that the Vikes finally did what was long overdue. My apologies. :D

Edit: Still though, I think Moore has shown as much as Taylor as has to be considered a legitimate threat to steal carries (and receptions) from Taylor, don't you think?

No, I don't think so. Moore is a hold over from the last regime. Taylor is Childress' hand-picked guy.

No, I don't think so. Moore is a hold over from the last regime. Taylor is Childress' hand-picked guy.

in one line...this is the best description as to why he's the clear cut starter...

and Fason is the power back Childress wished he had in philly for short yardage situations...

Chester Taylor has been compared to Lamont Jordan-a back-up who goes to a new team to become a starter and put up solid numbers as a starter. I remember LJ2 having big games when he started for injured C. Martin, but I don't recall Taylor ever having a big game. Not in 2005 anyway. Am I wrong not to drink the kool-aid?

I could be wrong-I'm a noob and a woman for god's sake, so I fully expect to be blasted by this board, and I am willing to take the ridicule. That's how you learn I guess. Call me an idiot-I can take it.

I liked what I saw of the Vikes offense last night, I think they weren't kidding when they said they were going to try to pound the ball and they sure as hell have the o-line to do it...I liked a lot of the plays they ran, I think Childress knows what he's doing and Brad Johnson will be superb running the offense. I think of Chester in somewhat of the Westbrook mold, except he will be running between the tackles a lot more. If he can carry the load all season, he'll be scary good.

So he has a TON of upside. Some people seem too afraid to take a chance on an unproven player and draft him ahead of his ADP. But that is how you win at fantasy football. Ask anyone who drafted Steve Smith or Carson Palmer last year.

1. Starting RB

2. Brad Johnson is QB

3. WRs are no longer the Focal Point of this team

4. New Head Coach, new offense

Taylor doesn't come close to first round material, but I would consider him late 2nd or early 3rd.

NTS: Snap up Taylor before JoJo in the 'left coast' draft... :D

Ask anyone who drafted Steve Smith or Carson Palmer last year.

Smith and Palmer were more proven than Taylor is right now.

But Lamont Jordan wasn't - or if he was, it wasn't by much.

Smith and Palmer were more proven than Taylor is right now.

But Lamont Jordan wasn't - or if he was, it wasn't by much.

yeah, you can't compare Taylor to Palmer or Smith...

the most accurate comparison is to LJ2...and it's almost identical, except Chester has a better OL and coaching staff around him...at least IMO...

yeah, you can't compare Taylor to Palmer or Smith...

Wasn't comparing. Was saying that if you were smart enough to recognize the upside last year and bump Smith and Palmer up your rankings, you got a steal. Smith was a middle tier 2 and Palmer was rated a backup QB before the season started. In a very competitive league, you have take some chances to win. Taylor is a guy who has the opportunity to outplay his draft position.

Actually, just taking a quick look at my reasonably competitive 1-man keeper (essentially a redraft) from last year, I got Smith in the 5th round (12th WR, 35th overall, 43rd counting keepers) and Palmer in the 9th (9th QB, 75/83).

Not sure how that compared to ADP, but I recall being pretty happy about both picks.

Actually, just taking a quick look at my reasonably competitive 1-man keeper (essentially a redraft) from last year, I got Smith in the 5th round (12th WR, 35th overall, 43rd counting keepers) and Palmer in the 9th (9th QB, 75/83).

Not sure how that compared to ADP, but I recall being pretty happy about both picks.

Smith was rated right around where you got him and Palmer was maybe a #14 with upside. Maybe some had him higher, I don't remember. The point is both were steals relative to ADP and certainly where you drafted them. If you were watching closely in the preseason, you could've made a case to bump both guys up significantly. Don't know if you did that or just got lucky....my point with Chester is that he looks like that kind of player. Maybe not a top 3 back but I don't see why he can't produce with the likes of Brown, SJax and Cadillac. He has the supporting cast and the offensive system to do it, his only question mark is durability. Show me an RB that doesn't have that concern though.