[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Over/Under

Capt. Stanky

I'll take the over. Walter got a really nasty glare from Art Shell after that second pick last night and Art isn't going to give a crap what Randy thinks. But I seriously doubt that Brooks will be in a Raiders uniform next season.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Walter got a really nasty glare from Art Shell last night

What player doesn't get a nasty glare from the coach at some point? I'll take the under. Shell has not had a problem starting rookies thus far. I know it's the QB, but Brooks is not exactly Montana.

I'll take the over. Walter got a really nasty glare from Art Shell last night and Art isn't going to give a crap what Randy thinks. But I seriously doubt that Brooks will be in a Raiders uniform next season.

Agree here...Brooks was brought in to be the starter. Until things look lost for this year (week 9 or so), he'll start. Then Walter comes in.

What player doesn't get a nasty glare from the coach at some point? I'll take the under. Shell has not had a problem starting rookies thus far. I know it's the QB, but Brooks is not exactly Montana.

Walter threw two stupid picks into a bad second-string Vikings defense. I can't imagine how he'd play against, say, a first-string Steelers defense. This is a guy who hasn't taken a snap in a regular-season game yet... and he's now supposed to be the starter by Week 4? I don't see it, even if Brooks is the other option.

That said, I don't see Brooks under center in Week 10, either.

Moss can make life a living hell for Shell. Davis wanted Walter and picked him. If Jordan is not getting to run because the team has to pass, he'll be upset. If the team has to pass to stay in games, Brooks is sure to screw up -- he did it in NO. And three games is 19% of your season.

I respect all the opinions in here, but this is not a good Raider team and they are going to be looking forward to next year. Why not get the kid in sooner rather than later? Other than Favre, who throws more dumb picks than Brooks?

I know that most teams do not think this way only 19% of the way into the season, and that QB changes happen later on in the year, but I see that this situation has the potential to deteriorate very quickly.

What rookie QB has he started? Starting a rookie DT is different than the guy who handles the ball every play.

Walter 10 comp. 2 interceptions. Over.

It depends on performance. Brooks wasn't off by that much on 2 throws to Moss.

the only reason I disagree is he wasn't throwing to the starters....

if you put Walter in with the starters, I think he would do better than Brooks..

but I hate Brooks...so that isn't saying much..

Moss can make life a living hell for Shell. Davis wanted Walter and picked him.

Davis also wanted Brooks and isn't going to bench him FOUR GAMES into his $8 million contract.

Why not get the kid in sooner rather than later?

Because Walter hasn't thrown a single pass in an NFL regular-season game and had to learn a new offense this summer. He'll probably be the starter sometime in November... but not in September.

...this situation has the potential to deteriorate very quickly.

We agree there.