[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad Greenway injury

Randall

Lost for the season?

Vikings' No. 1 pick feared lost for the season

Rookie linebacker Chad Greenway injured his left knee covering an Oakland kickoff return late in the first quarter.

Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: August 15, 2006 – 12:47 AM

The Vikings might have suffered a loss far greater than their 16-13 preseason setback against Oakland on Monday night at the Metrodome.

Rookie linebacker Chad Greenway, the Vikings' first-round pick in the NFL draft, left the game in the first quarter because of an injury to his left knee. Greenway will have an MRI this morning, and indications Monday night were that it could be a season-ending tear to his anterior cruciate ligament.

Coach Brad Childress said the Vikings will "reserve judgment" until the results of the MRI come back.

I know that I am being Monday Morning QB here, but why do you have your #1 pick on kick return coverage? Was he not going to start at LB for the Vikes?

He was on the 2nd string defense last I heard. Looks like he might be done for the year now.

He was on the 2nd string defense last I heard. Looks like he might be done for the year now.

Yeah, he might not have started this season, but he certainly would have been thrown in the mix in certain situations. Man it is tough to lose that first draft pick. :D