[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suggs Deal VOIDED

keggerz

I'll wait for Rovers to chime in with the specifics on this one, but it sounds like the Jets probably had second thoughts after the deal went through.

Screws up the running back situation already in place, and screws up the Browns for trying to deal Suggs in addition to anyone trying to acquire him in the future.

I hope for Mangina's case, it wasn't his doing, but sounds like someone over at Jets camp dropped a ball.

Wonder if the Jets go looking somewhere else now... who would be a good fit?

KFFL Hot Off The Wire

Lions | Pinner on the block?

Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:24:47 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions currently have a logjam at the running back position and are hoping to trade one. One running back who could be available is RB Artose Pinner.

Also;

Search for RB goes on

BY TOM ROCK

Newsday Staff Writer

August 10, 2006

The search for a running back to replace Curtis Martin grows broader with each day he sits on the physically-unable-to-perform list.

The Jets interest now extends to Artose Pinner of the Lions and Tatum Bell of the Broncos. Arizona running back Marcel Shipp had been mentioned, but yesterday his agent, Brad Blank, said he doubted such a deal was in the works.

www.New York Newsday.com
TOM ROCK

Newsday Staff Writer

August 8, 2006

Notes & quotes: Titans RB Chris Brown could become available for trade by the end of the week, according to a person familiar with the situation, but are the Jets interested? Brown has requested a trade from the Titans, and general manager Floyd Reese has yet to grant that request. As of yesterday, the Jets had not contacted the Titans about a trade, but the Jets' interest in finding a starting running back could be growing more urgent as Curtis Martin continues to sit on the physically unable to perform list after December knee surgery. According to the person, the biggest obstacle to Brown being traded could be the unimpressive training camp of Titans rookie RB LenDale White, who has suffered a toe injury and flu-like symptoms ...

www.New York Newsday.com
Beacon Journal

By Patrick McManamon

Posted on Sun, Aug. 06, 2006

• If Lee Suggs is traded, don't discount the New York Jets as his future home. With Curtis Martin still out after offseason knee surgery, the Jets might need a back.

www.Akron Beacon Journal.com

RB's Jets rumored to be interested in;

Artose Pinner

Tatum Bell

Marcel Shipp

Chris Brown

Lee Suggs

NY Post is reporting today what's being said above - the Jets got cold feet on the deal, specifically because they think they can land someone better. They quoted an NFL source who also said the Jets failed Suggs because of a knee injury he sustained in college (note that as much time as Suggs has missed, he has never missed an NFL game due to any sort of knee problem). The interesting thing in the article came from a second league source, who said the Jets are targeting...(drumroll please) TJ Duckett. He might be available because the Falcons are very high on Norwood.

Went to the Jets practice & training camp on Sunday. Wasn't very exciting. Best part of the day was getting a cap signed by both Wesley Walker and Mark Gastineau.

I'm betting on a lonnnnng year for Jet fans.

Not a big Gastineau fan myself, but Wesley Walker was my favorite player when he was with the Jets, I'll always remember the 4TD game against Miami. And I'm gonna' have to reminisce on that one alot, I agree this is gonna' be a rough season.

BARLOW TRADE: Nolan said he spoke to running back Kevan Barlow to calm him about a rumor that he might be traded to the New York Jets.

"I said, 'Kevan, we have not had serious talks with the Jets,'" Nolan said.

The Jets are looking for a running back because veteran Curtis Martin may be near the end of his career as the result of knee problems. New York thought it had acquired a replacement but voided a trade with the Cleveland Browns after Lee Suggs failed a physical.

"Have we talked to the Jets?" Nolan said. "Yeah, we've talked to the Jets, but about a lot of things. But serious talks? No."

www.insidebayarea.com

Now it's;

Artose Pinner

Tatum Bell

Marcel Shipp

Chris Brown

Kevan Barlow

& per Easy n Dirty

TJ Duckett