[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nice non-football move by the Panthers

Randall

NEWS OF THE DAY

The Panthers braintrust did the right thing Monday by leaving en masse to stand by S Mike Minter at his mother's funeral. Head coach John Fox and DE Mike Rucker made the trip to Oklahoma, along with five other members of the organization including owner Jerry Richardson.

While there are coaches in the league who wouldn't interrupt training camp to meet the President of the United States, Fox got on a plane so he could support one of the team's institutions. That's worth far more than what was accomplished on the field here Monday. :D

While there are coaches in the league who wouldn't interrupt training camp to meet the President of the United States, Fox got on a plane so he could support one of the team's institutions. That's worth far more than what was accomplished on the field here Monday. :D

Are you suggesting that a casual dinner with Dubya is more or less important than going to a player's mother's funeral? I love the move by Fox and I think the Panthers are a class act, but I don't understand the comparison? A dig on Saban? Anywho... :D

Just another reason why it's the best organazation in the NFL :D Panther Pride :D

Gotta agree a lot with PD's sentiment. I remember last year's opening day game against the homeless Saints and the rousing support given the Saints by many classy Carolina fans. Kudos to Coach Fox and the organization for doing the right thing. :D

Yah, i was proud to be a Panther fan when I heard that. Always top shelf class outta that camp!

on a side note, i was pretty proud to be a fan after the lezbo bathroom scandal that i STILL think about EVERYTIME i see a CAR cheerleader...

actually...any cheerleader...

actually...any THING!