[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Palmer PreSeason Update

Bengal Mania

situation is not exactly as Player News is reporting (using NBC/Madden as source)

go to Bengals.com and read article if you're interested.

Basically, it's Palmer's call when to play. He can still start opener even w/o playing this week. Basically, Marvin's in a pickle. You want to know who's playing opener so you can give him reps to play, but you still don't know who that is.

The article says that his knee is "fit to play", that he just needs to get thru the mental game now. That's a hard call as to how long that takes. It's not just getting knocked down once and it's over.

They also said they're not gonna talk about it anymore.

I'm coming to the position that I think they should say Wright is starting in KC and get it over with. Here is my rationalle.

1) If the team get's too caught up in "Will he be ready", they won't prepare like they should. If they don't prepare for @KC, they get smoked. (They might even if they do prepare, but that's not hte point). Let Wright get prepared as the starter, and cut Palmer's snaps.

2) I don't know how much time Palmer needs to truly get "over it" and get ready, but if it involves playing in the 4th preseason game, you are adding injury risk to him and his OL to play in that game. I promise you they WON'T play him without his starting OL protecting him.

3) It'd be a great story to make the opener for sure, but it'd be a greater story to have him back fully, whenever that is. If he's ready week 2, what a home opener! If it's week 3, at Pittsburgh, that's a tough one. I really hope he can play in this game. A win there would absolutely be akin to a playoff win.

This is the part that bothered me most during hte playoff game last year. Yes, injuries are a part of the game. And even though I think Cincy wins w/ Palmer, it's still a part of the game. What bothered me more, even when the Bengals were winning, was the thought that this season would be in jeapardy.