[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith is he still top 3 or does Keyshawn worry you?

keggerz

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an opinion, and people are correcting me with their opinions. I'm not going to slam anyone for saying he will be the best WR, I said he will have 850-900 yards. People think their opinion here is fact, I was just stating what I saw last 2 years from Delhomme.

Predictions do not mean a thing, I mean whoever came on here last year and predicted Steve Smith to be the number 1 WR in the league raise your hand. I drafted him my first WR last year, but did not believe he would be that big.

he was ranked in the top 10 on this site last yr...and fwiw I am not makin end all and be all statements these are my personal opinions backed with stats when i feel they are relavent...you called steve smith out on consistency yet you couldnt have looked at the other top WRs or you wouldnt have made that statement

dont get your panties in a bunch if you dont like what someone has to say...if you want to continue to debate it make your point and defend it...if it has holes in it you can bet someone is gonna point them out

CD6405-This is the Big Leagues of NFL and FF message boards, as most know their chit about their homer team and most of the entire NFL, if your gonna bring it here, well ya better be packing. Not busting your balls-just telling it to you like it is...not alot of young'uns here-educated, working professionals married with kids etc. that KNOW and LOVE their NFL football..not just their homer teams either-stick around and learn, you'll be the better informed for it-Period.

he was ranked in the top 10 on this site last yr...and fwiw I am not makin end all and be all statements these are my personal opinions backed with stats when i feel they are relavent...you called steve smith out on consistency yet you couldnt have looked at the other top WRs or you wouldnt have made that statement

dont get your panties in a bunch if you dont like what someone has to say...if you want to continue to debate it make your point and defend it...if it has holes in it you can bet someone is gonna point them out

Okay, well I'm done with the whole argument thing since it looks like most others are. To say to your statement not to get my panties in a bunch, I'm not. It isn't a debate when people just call others names. "Idiot, moron" or "get the hell out of here." I was debating my side.

The people that actually did make statements and make a defense I'm glad they did, but those who just tried to question what I say without making a statement of their own but liked to add the insult, those are the useless posts.

This has nothing to do with the quote I took but, as far as these people on this board having omniscient knowledge over the sport I don't see. Unless these people go to all workout camps for every team, we all have the same information that we see online or in the newspaper. If you work for the team, cool, but if you are reading the same articles as everyone else no one's knowledge is higher, only ego and opinions.

It's great to have debates on here, but everyone has there opinion and it shouldn't end in. You're an idiot for saying this or that.

So for this post, everyone have a great night!

CD6405-People were busting your balls do to what you "proclaimed" you saw in 04 and 05, and most here do watch the games(NFL Sunday Ticket). They saw Delhomme operate with the agenda circumstances handed him..not because he had "tunnel vision", which you claimed was getting worse? I. personally don't see that in his case, I see a better than average QB taking what the offensive talent, game and the opposing NFL DT gives him, and to his credit-exploiting it. Now, with a very balanced offense-great O Line and multiple weapons, you will see Delhomme as the task master. Smith's #'s should and most likely will drop this year, but he will still be Top 5 material, under 1000 yds etc is just plain silly for an explosive/game breaker like Steve Smith-Peace PD.

i hope you listed Smith as your bust candidate of the year because barring injury there is no way he nets

less then 1000yrds...and i dont care how balanced they are or how good the defense is

That's my prediction and I will stick to it. Teams will see what others did last year to slow him down, they will also put more pressure on Delhomme because he gets erratic at times under pressure. He will still focus on him but they will be more prepared this year.

I haven't seen any evidence of Delhomme getting "erratic" when he's under pressure. He looked pretty freaking good against a stud Pats secondary in SB 38.

Defenses were double-covering Steve Smith for most (if not all) of last season and it generally didn't work very well. For example, the Bears (one of the NFC's elite defenses last season) were able to keep him out of the endzone during the regular season by putting a corner and a safety on him (despite Smith hauling in 14 passes for 169 yds), but then got their asses handed to them by him in the playoffs (12 rec, 218 yds, 2 TDs). So your prediction of a healthy Smith getting less than 1000 yds receiving, despite Delhomme having "tunnel vision" and targeting ONLY him, this season is laughable. Furthermore, your assertion that Delhomme "forgot" how to spread the ball around in '04 and '05 (despite doing it brilliantly in '03) and your lack of knowledge of Peyton Manning's history further illustrate the fact that you don't know what you're talking about.

Like PD said, this is THE fantasy football board on the Web. People will not give a rat's a$$ about your "opinion" here if you don't have evidence to back it up.

You are a moran-leave the Panthers break down to me...03 Smith was up and coming(first year as a starting WR)..04 hurt, so Mush stepped up, 05 Colbert was suppose to compliment and Gardner was a bust..Carter came on at the end of 05, so Smith had to tote the load...06 will be very balanced and the running attack will be more prominent.

:D the fact that anyone is arguing that Delhomme has tunnel vision, instead of seeing that he had NOWHERE else to go is simply amazing to me...

I think Keyshawn WILL take numbers from Smith, but indirectly. I think with Keyshawn, and Smith on the field the running game will be WIDE open and therefore the running game will detract from Smith's numbers, but i'm still prediciting 1100 yards and about a million TDs :D

and in 2004 Mushin had 93 catches for 1405 yards with 16 TDs

and in 2004 the #2 WR was Colbert and he posted 47 catches for 754 yards with 5 TDs

in 2004 davis was injured after 2 games with just 92 yards

foster in 2004 put up 879 yrds rushing

goings in 2004 put up 821 rushing and 394 recvng

so in 2004 those 3 RBs basically filled the #1 RB spot put up a combined

1792 yards rushing and 502 yards recvng(foster 76/davis 32)

and Colbert put up 47/754/5 recvng

BUT in 2006 Steve Smith can't repeat because they added Keyshawn and all the RBs will have to be injured for it to happen again?? color me perplexed :D

unless you are saying that Mushin is/was a better WR then Steve Smith is?

or is it that you expect Keyshaw to net around 1000+ yards(something he hasnt done since i think his 1st yr in TB)

& Foster/Williams to rush for over 2000 yrds combined and toss in around 500-600 yrds recvng too?

again I think people are putting to much stock into the keyshawn factor

but hey that is my opinion

oh and dont take it personal swerski, you just hit the nail on the head for the naysayers is all

I was too busy roasting the noob yesterday to respond to your post.

Perhaps I over-emphasized the impact of the HB injuries on Carolina's offense. The main reasons for Smith and Muhammad getting disproportionately-high numbers in '05 and '04, respectively, were the lack of a quality #2 or #3 option for Delhomme (and in '04, a bad defense that made them play catch-up in the second half of games).

In his past three full seaons, Keyshawn has caught over 70 passes for an average of about 950 yds. They didn't sign him to a four-year deal to put up Ricky Proehl/Keary Colbert-like numbers. And given that CAR has a strong defense and two solid options at halfback, I wouldn't bet on another 100 receptions and 1,500 yds for Smith. Keyshawn's going to fall well short of 1,000 yds, but the 60-70 balls he's going to grab will certainly cut into Smith's production. If there are no major injury problems, Fox will feature a balanced attack, just like he did in '03. There's no way that Smith gets anywhere near 1,500 yds in that scenario.

I was too busy roasting the noob yesterday to respond to your post.

Perhaps I over-emphasized the impact of the HB injuries on Carolina's offense. The main reasons for Smith and Muhammad getting disproportionately-high numbers in '05 and '04, respectively, were the lack of a quality #2 or #3 option for Delhomme (and in '04, a bad defense that made them play catch-up in the second half of games).

In his past three full seaons, Keyshawn has caught over 70 passes for an average of about 950 yds. They didn't sign him to a four-year deal to put up Ricky Proehl/Keary Colbert-like numbers. And given that CAR has a strong defense and two solid options at halfback, I wouldn't bet on another 100 receptions and 1,500 yds for Smith. Keyshawn's going to fall well short of 1,000 yds, but the 60-70 balls he's going to grab will certainly cut into Smith's production. If there are no major injury problems, Fox will feature a balanced attack, just like he did in '03. There's no way that Smith gets anywhere near 1,500 yds in that scenario.

Bill actually if you do a search you will see that my predictions for smith are in the 90 catch range and 1300yd range...most of my "discussion" yesterday was due to that CB guy semi bashing smith...that and towards broncosn2099 :D mentioning smith in the bust thread due to keyshawn

Edited by keggerz

Bill actually if you do a search you will see that my predictions for smith are in the 90 catch range and 1300yd range...most of my "discussion" yesterday was due to that CB guy semi bashing smith...that and towards broncosn2099 :D mentioning smith in the bust thread due to keyshawn

I was thinking about 80-90 rec and 1,200-1,300 yds, basically the low side of your prediction.

So I guess that we agree. :D

if every pass goes for a 90 yrd TD...it 1500 yards would be rather easy for him

actually I expect Keyshaw to open things up for smith this yr thus allowing him to increase his YPC(which I didnt factor in to my porjections in the team plays thread...because its more of a gut feeling then something i can use numbers to proove)

so 85 @ 16.5YPC =1403

or

90 @ 16.5YPC=1485

so while i dont think smith puts up 1500 this yr...it isnt completely out of the realm of possabillity either

my posted projections show smith with 91 @14.37YPC for 1308yds