[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Noobs & Vets

FishFreak

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Your opinion is a valued part of this community.

:D

Ok . . . what college player quarterbacked his team to a 15-13-1 record in Division II but was a first round pick...a high first rounder?

In my first year of being actively involved on the message board I've quickly observed the following random thoughts:

1) Vets clearly enjoy "hazing" the noobs. It's childish. We all pay the same fee and are entitled to our opinions. If you don't agree with someone, state your case and keep it moving. I personally have thick skin and enjoy it but can read between the lines and tell that some folks get frustrated and turned off by the nasty sarcasm. It's not necessary but fun a hell.

2) I hate it when people respond with:

a) the same stuff stated earlier in a topic or on previous page

:D +1 (what the hell is that? Don't even bother wasting a response.)

c) a bunch of smilies :D:D:D:D:D:D (spare me, wasted response)

3) Gung Ho fans ARE NOT the ultimate source of inforamtion for your teams. Your input is not the final say of all happenings for your respective teams. Folks like Captain Hook, Panther Dave, and Rovers, etc. definately seem to know their stuff but everyone else on the message boards are not breaking laws by disagreeing with you or offering an opinion. Before you go off and respond Rover rage, just know I'm not attacking any of you three personally just using you three as examples.

4) Many people might sound idiotic at times (including myself) and we all have our biases. I'm sensitive towards the Dolphins and C-Pep, others might be towards the Pats, etc. Mplura seems to be a magnet for insults but at least the man keeps things interesting. I don't want to hear the safest, most logical responses all the time. We need folks to throw some gasoline on the fire from time to time and mix things up. So cut guys some slack....sometimes.

Overall, we all check out these message boards for a source of information, share views and offer differing opinions. Nobody is better than the other while all of us feel like we're FF experts and champions. Let's just say I enjoy everyones input and enjoy all the activity. There is nothing better than being in a league of strong, wild personalities that keep it fun for everyone well beyond just football so just remember why we all participate.......FF is fun as hell.

Who's this noob? I guess its good but stuff here but if this were a beer commercial a giant keystone light would fall on you.