[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you have a good dessrt recipe

Scorcher

I think this is a pretty cool idea. I'm going on a business retreat and at the last meeting the boss had us all draw papers out of a jar. Whatever was on the paper we have to cook on the first night of the retreat for dinner. we are in teams of 2 and my partner and I drew "Dessert". I would really like to stun every one and be known as the guy who may not have been the best retreat person, but had a really great dessert. Care to share any recipes? If nothing else it might help me last long enough on my job to cover my FFB losses! This is a more sure thing than FFB advice. So tell me----- should I draft too much sugar or hold on to vanilla as a deep sleeper?

Black Russian Pie

crust:

1 C chocolate wafer crumbs (or chocolate graham crackers)

2 tbs unsalted butter, melted

2 tbs kahlua

combine well. press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate. chill for 10-15 min.

filling:

1/2 C milk

2 envelops unflavored gelatin

1/2 C kahlua

2 eggs

1/2 C sugar

1/3 C vodka

1 1/2 C heay cream, whipped

shaved chocolate

heat milk to boiling. add gelatin and kahlua.... stir until dissolved. in a blender, mix eggs, sugar, vodka. with machine running pour in milk mixture and blend well. transfer to a bowl. chill for 15-30 min. fold gelatin mixture into whipped cream. pour into crust. chill until set (about 3 hours). sprinkle shaved chocolate on top right before serving.

Black Russian Pie

crust:

2 tbs kahlua

combine well. press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate. chill for 10-15 min.

filling:

1/2 C milk

1/2 C kahlua

2 eggs

1/2 C sugar

1/3 C vodka

shaved chocolate

heat milk to boiling. add gelatin and kahlua.... stir until dissolved. in a blender, mix eggs, sugar, vodka. with machine running pour in milk mixture and blend well. transfer to a bowl. chill for 15-30 min. fold gelatin mixture into whipped cream. pour into crust. chill until set (about 3 hours). sprinkle shaved chocolate on top right before serving.

Thanks Chef,

And considering you're a real Chef, that was very generous!

how much cooking do you want to do?

I'm sure bier has much better recipes, but I can go simple with dessert.

A sundae bar is an option.

Or, ice cream pie..

get a bag of oreos... smash the holy hell out of htem.. not ot powdre, but into small pieces. melt some butter. using the butter as a binder, press the crushed oreos into a pie dish to make a crust. Fill with your favorite ice cream.. I reccomend chocolate chip or mint chip. sprinkle more of the oreos on top.. voila.. ice cream pie.

how much cooking do you want to do?

I'm sure bier has much better recipes, but I can go simple with dessert.

A sundae bar is an option.

Or, ice cream pie..

get a bag of oreos... smash the holy hell out of htem.. not ot powdre, but into small pieces. melt some butter. using the butter as a binder, press the crushed oreos into a pie dish to make a crust. Fill with your favorite ice cream.. I reccomend chocolate chip or mint chip. sprinkle more of the oreos on top.. voila.. ice cream pie.

That sounds good! :D But I don't want to get violent.

lol.. you can but the presmashed oreo pieces, but i find the real thing as then you have the creme filling make it all the better. I bet one of those Oreo ice creams would be good too. Not so much the chocolate chip cookie dough, unless you used chips ahoy for the crust.... hmm.. Imay have to try that.

I have a recipe from Ireland of what is called a Chocolate Gateau. It's 2 meringue layers, filled with rum spiked cream blended with 2 or 3 types of chocolates. Women LOVE it, and it's one of those things where you need to be careful adding the rum or the whole thing curdles. Pull it off though......

I can scan and post if you like.

Black Russian Pie

crust:

2 tbs kahlua

filling:

1/2 C milk

1/2 C kahlua

2 eggs

1/2 C sugar

1/3 C vodka

shaved chocolate

Wow that sounds soooooooooooo good.

I have a recipe from Ireland of what is called a Chocolate Gateau. It's 2 meringue layers, filled with rum spiked cream blended with 2 or 3 types of chocolates. Women LOVE it, and it's one of those things where you need to be careful adding the rum or the whole thing curdles. Pull it off though......

I can scan and post if you like.

That would be great! My partner and I just found out we need to do 2 desserts. We're going to do a dry run this weekend with the recipes we get. Don't want to go in there blind. I'm sure others would like to see this recipe too.

That would be great! My partner and I just found out we need to do 2 desserts. We're going to do a dry run this weekend with the recipes we get. Don't want to go in there blind. I'm sure others would like to see this recipe too.

Cool. I'll try to post it tonight, although it does sound similar to the first. Then again, you can't go wrong with chocolate....

Here you go:

http://home.earthlink.net/~popeflick/images/choc001.jpg

Few things to help:

icing sugar is frosted sugar

silicone paper = wax paper

Although it sounds like you're making a 9 inch cookie, you want to save some of the chocolate whipped cream for topping it off evenly. Place the best meringue layer on the bottom and spread with chocolate. Top with the meringue, pressing down lightly to make layers fit together. Spread with chocolate. The "chocolate wafers" are simply the chocolate version of "nilla wafers that you ring this extra layer of chocolate cream with on the outside, as done with the strawberries here. This picture is just for refernece in that the berries = the wafers but the thing doesn't look anything like this. But come to think of it, I haven't seen thesee in a while.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished item. Also, keep an eye on the wax paper in the oven, don't have too much extra outside of your drawn circle. It IS safe, although it sounds like it isn't. The finished wafer sholdn't be more than 1/8 inch thick and is essentially a cooked meringue.

Ladies love this desert. Use good dark rum, and pay $ for the right baker's chocolate and you can't go wrong.

• 3 weeks later...