[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sleeper Strong Safeties?

Some of those are dubious. Parrish' best year was when he had 104 total tackles, and that was 7 years ago. I'm basically looking to pinpoint the next Adrian/Gibril Wilson. Darius is 31 and has never had more than 87 total on a season.

Edited by Crazysight

Some of those are dubious. Parrish' best year was when he had 104 total tackles, and that was 7 years ago. I'm basically looking to pinpoint the next Adrian/Gibril Wilson.

It seems to me you are pushing my prognostication capabilities to their limit ...

:D

You did say :sleeper: didn't you?

Marquand Manuel

I did say sleeper but also needs to be someone who has a realistic chance at being a stud (I'm only interested in absolute studs on defense). Last year I picked up Gibril Wilson who I would say was the big SS sleeper for that year, and the year before that it was Adrian Wilson. I'm looking to make it 3 years in a row now. I'll add Manuel to the Hope, Jones list too. I may just pick Rodney Harrison back up.

Edited by Crazysight

Good gravy man, what is this, a ten team 3 DB league?

Lewis is typically a top 10 ranked DB. Boulware is typically ranked top 20. Rhodes is typically ranked top 25.

When you say sleeper, most of us are conceptually picturing someone ranked out of the top 50 who may outperform his ranking and end up top 20 ...

Lewis is not a sleeper, he is just someone I hadn't noticed on the waiver list before. If he's available when I decide to take a db, he's who I'm taking. In a 12 team league top-20 is of no use to me. I want nothing less than impact players on my D!

When I say sleeper, I mean someone who could realistically be top 10 or better but hasn't yet attracted a lot of attention/reached their max potential. Gibril Wilson was a good example from last year (finished 5th among dbs in my league).

Lewis is not a sleeper, he is just someone I hadn't noticed on the waiver list before. If he's available when I decide to take a db, he's who I'm taking. In a 12 team league top-20 is of no use to me. I want nothing less than impact players on my D!

When I say sleeper, I mean someone who could realistically be top 10 or better but hasn't yet attracted a lot of attention/reached their max potential. Gibril Wilson was a good example from last year (finished 5th among dbs in my league).

Lewis has top 5 upside so I guess he should fit your criteria and if you are in a 12 team league with him on waivers then you need to find some tougher competition

You're right there are some duds in my league. But they're people I've played with for years and in some cases grown up with (the commish is my brother actually). One thing they are getting REALLY good at though is hording offensive players (which is why I have to put all the more emphasis on building a rock-solid defense).

Just keep in mind that Mike Brown on the Bears most likely is out for the rest of the Pre-season--Chris Harris is stepping into the SS role for now, although he'll be the starting FS once Brown is back.

But, this is Brown's achilles and there's no doubt he's not the same anymore and he's going to go down again this year.

So, Harris is your sleeper on the Bears.

Just keep in mind that Mike Brown on the Bears most likely is out for the rest of the Pre-season--Chris Harris is stepping into the SS role for now, although he'll be the starting FS once Brown is back.

But, this is Brown's achilles and there's no doubt he's not the same anymore and he's going to go down again this year.

:D:D Finally one of my Taxi Squad players ready to move up.

Good gravy man, what is this, a ten team 3 DB league?

Lewis is typically a top 10 ranked DB. Boulware is typically ranked top 20. Rhodes is typically ranked top 25.

When you say sleeper, most of us are conceptually picturing someone ranked out of the top 50 who may outperform his ranking and end up top 20 ...

My thoughtw exactly!

Wouldnt Manning be more of a sleeper on the Bears than Harris. I have heard nothing but rave reviews of him so far.

It seems to me you are pushing my prognostication capabilities to their limit ...

:D

You did say :sleeper: didn't you?

Marquand Manuel

Roman is gone and Underwood on IR. Not a lot of competition on the team right now.

Not a sleeper at all, but maybe archuleta might be the breakout stud you're looking for. He's produced big in the past. His last few years as a Ram have declined a lot though, not sure what the scoop is on that. i think they were using him as a FS? Not a good fit for him, he plays best close to the line, he doesn't cover well. Washington shows a lot of different looks, they like to blitz from all angles. Archuleta will get a few sacks in this D. I think WASH can afford to play him close to the line since they have a ball hawking Sean Taylor that can cover the field behind him.

My thoughtw exactly!

Wouldnt Manning be more of a sleeper on the Bears than Harris. I have heard nothing but rave reviews of him so far.

Manning would step in and play free safety if Brown isn't there, and the coaches love his pursuit to the ball, but his fundamentals are lacking big time. I think he's a year away from seeing serious action in either of the saftey spots. At best he's a 60% player for the first half of the year.

Harris on the other hand will be on the field either at the FS or SS spot, not being rotated at only taken out in the dime package....so you make the call.