[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate Carolinas Deff?

tachamp

Carolina should always be at or near the top.

I agree, but they have made several changes this off-season and questions remain. How with T Davis do at SLB? Who will be WLB? Will Jenkins remain healthy?

I'd still list them top 3.

On Davis-

Dan Morgan was asked about Davis: "Once he knows exactly what he's doing out there, he's going to be dangerous. He's got all the athletic ability in the world." Davis is known as a "thumper”, meaning that when he hits someone you can hear it throughout the stadium. When asked what his favorite part of the game is, "Contact," Davis said, smiling. "By far."

Defensive coordinator Mike Trgovac said, “We have to realize he's not a seasoned six-year linebacker and not try and throw the whole playbook at him each and every game… His first step is so explosive. He's a great hitter. He can change directions and turn and run and when he hits you, he packs a punch. And he loves the game. With all those elements in there, we're hoping for big things."

What do you think Panther homers? I am following them looking for the WLB this year. Looks like Diggs at the moment.

Edited by Randall

I believe they will finish in the top spot-definently top three. With nearly 700 lbs at DT bookened by Pep and Ruck it's gonna be very tuff to run the ball on this front four, and the mass should keep some heat of Morgan so he can read and react. The secondary, well if it's not the best tandem at CB, you'd be hard pressed to convince me otherwise. T Davis is gonna be a force at SLB, his specialty is closing down the feild and taking away the angles from foes, he was considered by draft experts as the best pure tackler to come into the league in the last 20+ years-sky is the limit for this young man. I also believe that Julius Peppers will challenge for the all time sack record this year, as he enters this season the strongest he has ever been and just as fast off the corner. This unit should be very dominant and should control feild position for the Panthers.

Edited by PantherDave

I believe they will finish in the top spot-definently top three. With nearly 700 lbs at DT bookened by Pep and Ruck it's gonna be very tuff to run the ball on this front four, and the mass should keep some heat of Morgan so he can read and react. The secondary, well if it's not the best tandem at CB, you'd be hard pressed to convince me otherwise. T Davis is gonna be a force at SLB, his specialty is closing down the feild and taking away the angles from foes, he was considered by draft experts as the best pure tackler to come into the league in the last 20+ years-sky is the limit for this young man. I also believe that Julius Peppers will challenge for the all time sack record this year, as he enters this season the strongest he has ever been and just as fast off the corner. This unit should be very dominant and should control feild position for the Panthers.

giving me chills...

what do you think of losing Manning to CHI though? No biggie?

Carolina Deffence looked great the other night but right now

Pitt

Chic

Seat

are ranked above them is Carolina going to be middle of the pack

or something special this year. Kind of like the Raves were?

Says who?

Carolina is a top-3 defense in 99% of all formats.

I agree with PD.Noone scores a single point against the Cats this year... :D

:D

Far be it from me to correct a homer with good info (cuz you are, PD!) ... but Peppers and Rucker are DEs (defensive ends) not DTs (defensive tackles). And they're only about 550 lbs combined. Their DTs (Jenkins and Kemoeatu) are really beefy - they check in at nearly 700 pounds combined.

I agree, leaving room for Morgan to roam and make plays will make this defense tough. Davis' moving up to SLB will give them some punch (literally) in the front seven, too.

The secondary is anchored by two very solid corners: Chris Gamble and Ken Lucas (coming over from Seattle). FS Mike Minter is old, but is a 10-year vet of this team. Shaun Williams joins Minter at the SS and is a 9-year vet himself. He's new to the Panthers but if he can duplicate his numbers while on the Giants of a few years ago, will be a solid addition to the team.

I have them #2 behind CHI.

Yep. Chi has the 3rd easiest overall DEF schedule to face, with Car in at #10 and Pittsburgh at #21. That, to me, this year, is what separates them.

Seattle? 9th easiest schedule for a DEF, so they might make some noise as might Tampa (13th easiest) ... Buffalo faces on of the toughest roads for a DEF ...

Far be it from me to correct a homer with good info (cuz you are, PD!) ... but Peppers and Rucker are DEs (defensive ends) not DTs (defensive tackles). And they're only about 550 lbs combined. Their DTs (Jenkins and Kemoeatu) are really beefy - they check in at nearly 700 pounds combined.

I agree, leaving room for Morgan to roam and make plays will make this defense tough. Davis' moving up to SLB will give them some punch (literally) in the front seven, too.

The secondary is anchored by two very solid corners: Chris Gamble and Ken Lucas (coming over from Seattle). FS Mike Minter is old, but is a 10-year vet of this team. Shaun Williams joins Minter at the SS and is a 9-year vet himself. He's new to the Panthers but if he can duplicate his numbers while on the Giants of a few years ago, will be a solid addition to the team.

uhh, Book ends go on each side of said books-Jenks and Keomatu are the books and Pep and Ruck the bookends???

This D is seriously talented and should challenge Chi as the best all season. Strong up front, good LB- and in Gamble/Lucas- the best CB tandem in the NFL, IMO- tough tough squad.

Seattle still repeats as NFC champs though! as Car does not want any art of Seahawk stadium

This D is seriously talented and should challenge Chi as the best all season. Strong up front, good LB- and in Gamble/Lucas- the best CB tandem in the NFL, IMO- tough tough squad.

Seattle still repeats as NFC champs though! as Car does not want any art of Seahawk stadium

Seattle is a great squad-I don't bash them, but Carolina was retooled to play them in Charlotte or Seattle, as the braintrust in Carolina see's them as the only obstacle. The two NFC juggernaughts for sure-hands down.

I agree 100%...Top3 for sure..but what I really like about Carolina besides being a Top defense, worthy of a weekly start is the fact that they have a bye week 9...this means I don't have to worry about carrying a 2nd Defense on my roster for a long time and should be able to get a decent replacement for the bye week in week 8 to cover. By week 8 trends and teams have settled which should make it easier to evaluate replacement options. I have Carolina the 2nd ranked D on my list behind only the Bears.