[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KRob arrested

BillyBalata

:D

- Koren Robinson Arrested for DUI --

Wed Aug 16, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

#

The Pioneer Press reports Vikings starting WR Koren Robinson was arrested late Tuesday night on his way back to training camp in Mankato, Minn., on suspicion of drunken driving, according to a St. Peter, Minn., police official. Sgt. Loren Jansen of the St. Peter Police Department said Robinson was arrested at 10:46 p.m., for "driving while impaired" and is being held at Nicollet County Jail in St. Peter. Jansen said multiple charges are pending, and a report has not been filed yet. "I won't be able to tell you a lot, other than that he was arrested for driving while impaired," Jansen said, "and he is incarcerated at this time." Vikings officials and Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, could not be reached for comment early this morning. A Mankato police official confirmed that they assisted the St. Peter police department in making the arrest. Jansen said county attorney Mike Riley would handle the formal complaint this morning. Vikings players were expected to report back to the players' dorm at Minnesota State Mankato by 11 p.m. They had been given Tuesday off after a 16-13 exhibition loss to Oakland Monday night at the Metrodome. Robinson, 26, is in his second season with the Vikings, and he faces a potential yearlong suspension from the NFL because of past substance abuse issues. The ninth overall pick in the 2001 NFL draft by the Seattle Seahawks, Robinson was released by the club in June 2005 after he was charged with driving under the influence and reckless driving the previous month. He also had been suspended four games in 2004 for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn...was hoping the dude could keep his stuff together. He was poised to have a good year, but it's really not that much different than when he was with Seattle.

If you can stay clean a year your chances are better at staying clean long term. Too bad. What a waste.

Koren Robinson is under supervised probation. Just getting arrested, regardless of conviction, may violate the terms of that probation and send him to the slammer IIRC ...

I dont do much criminal law ...

Koren Robinson pleads guilty on DUI charge

NFL.com wire reports

KIRKLAND, Wash. (July 18, 2005) -- Former Seattle Seahawks receiver Koren Robinson pleaded guilty to one count of driving under the influence, and was ordered to spend one day in jail.

Kirkland Municipal Court Judge Albert Raines sentenced Robinson to one year in jail with 364 days suspended. He must serve 24 months of supervised probation and use an ignition interlock device for one year. He was also fined $2,137 and had his license suspended for 90 days.

A second charge of reckless driving was dismissed.

"I hope you spend the day reflecting on what is ahead of you rather than what is behind you," Raines told Robinson.

Robinson, 25, was arrested on May 6 in the Seattle suburb of Medina following a traffic stop. Court papers said Robinson had a blood-alcohol level of .191. He originally pleaded innocent to charges of reckless and drunken driving.

Robinson was the ninth overall pick of the Seahawks in the 2001 draft. His best season was 2002, when he had 78 receptions for 1,240 yards, the only Seattle receiver other than Hall of Famer Steve Largent to record a 1,200-yard season.

His production subsequently declined, with 39 receptions for 536 yards in 2003 and 31 receptions for 495 yards last season. He was released by the team on June 2 after totaling 213 receptions for 3,167 yards and 12 touchdowns in 57 games with Seattle.

Last season, Robinson was suspended four games by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse rules, and he agreed to enter alcohol abuse treatment earlier this year.

Kinda figured he might be battling the booze demons pretty hard when we heard he was back at the rehab center for support meetings.

We know the guy is not complete idiot. I mean an NFL play book alone, requires some intelligence to assimilate, so the booze must have a really strong hold on him, for him to let it get it's hooks back into him and drag him down again.

If I were him, I think I would've gotten myself a prescription of an-abuse. Hindsight is always 20 / 20 though.

Too bad. Looked like he had it together finally.

Yeah, that really sucks. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. You can shelve it, but it never goes away. Hopefully he can get his life back together again but this may mean the end of any meaningful football career.

As I stated above, it works a bit differently on a motion to revoke probation ...

He is totally hosed ...

That's not necessarily true. As long as he reports the incident to his probation officer immediately, he is not necessarily hosed. The P.O. will have discretion about the revocation and may wait until all the facts come out. That being said, with his history, KRob probably is hosed.

A day in the life of a Viking fan...

Good morning. #1 pick Chad Greenway hurt his knee last night.

Good evening. #1 pick Chad Greenway is out for the season.

Good morning. #1 receiver Koren Robinson is arrested for DWI, is in jail.

Can't wait to see what the day brings. :D

That's not necessarily true. As long as he reports the incident to his probation officer immediately, he is not necessarily hosed. The P.O. will have discretion about the revocation and may wait until all the facts come out. That being said, with his history, KRob probably is hosed.

Some really bad [alleged] facts are being discussed on the radio, like he was going 100 mph or so and trying to evade cops for 10 minutes after the initial attempt to pull him over ...

The P.O. aint sitting on this one ... its just a matter of time ...

Vikings receiver Koren Robinson jailed on DWI, other charges

Vikings wide receiver Koren Robinson is in the Nicollet County jail in southern Minnesota, and he is accused of a long list of crimes starting with driving drunk, the county sheriff said.

Judd Zulgad and Paul Walsh Star Tribune Staff Writers

Last update: August 16, 2006 – 8:34 AM

Vikings wide receiver Koren Robinson is in the Nicollet County jail in southern Minnesota, and he is accused of a long list of crimes starting with driving drunk, the county sheriff said.

Along with drunken driving, Robinson is accused of fleeing police, reckless driving, speeding and driving without a valid license, said Sheriff Dave Lange.

St. Peter police officers spotted Robinson speeding on the north side of town, police chief Matt Peters said this morning.

The St. Peter officers tried to get Robinson to pull over, but he took off heading down Hwy. 169 toward Mankato, Peters said.

Officers at the Blue Earth County Sheriff's department, North Mankato and Mankato joined the chase that eventually ended in Mankato, Peters said.

Robinson was brought into the jail about 10:45 Tuesday night by St. Peter police, Lange said.

Robinson, who has not yet been formally charged, remains in jail this morning and will have his first court appearance this afternoon, Peters said.

The Nicollet County attorneys office will handle case, he said. Robinson, 26, who is in his second season with the Vikings, reportedly was returning to training camp at Minnesota State University in Mankato.

Last month, the Vikings’ No. 1 receiver denied website allegations that he had had a sobriety relapse and was not in a rehab facility in South Carolina. He said he was taking “prevention classes.”

Robinson, 26, signed with the Vikings as a free agent last September after being released by Seattle in June following well-documented alcohol problems he had during his four seasons with the Seahawks. Seattle decided to part ways with Robinson after his arrest for drunken driving in May 2005.

In 2004, Robinson had been suspended for four games after violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. Seattle added on two more games for missing team meetings. The league’s action meant Robinson’s next positive test would lead to a one-year suspension.

Before joining the Vikings as a free agent last September, Robinson had gone through an alcohol treatment program. He had no off-the-field problems with the Vikings and made the NFC Pro Bowl team as a kick returner. Robinson also caught 22 passes for 347 yards and a touchdown.

A free agent, he was rewarded in March with a three-year contract that includes $5.5 million in guaranteed bonuses.

Edited by Beaumont

I am totally depressed about this today. :D

Part of me feels bad for Koren... can't be easy living with an addiction. Part of me is ticked off at Koren... he put himself into a dangerous situation before he even took a drink. Idiot.

So many times we see athletes being given 2nd, 3rd, 4th...8th chances. How many did Steve Howe get? He's a pro athlete and the lifestyle he leads, in season and off season, is far and away so much different than that of the normal person.

I do not know a whole lot about alcoholism bit it seems to me that if anyone (the courts, the team, HIMSELF) wants to help, he needs to be forced to stay away from football for a couple if years to really clean himself up. Only then should he attempt to come back. I am not saying that he will be able to stay clean for life because once he comes back, there are would be awful lot of temptation around him.

Because he is an athlete, he'll probably be given the benefit of the doubt and will probably play this season (somewhere), but that only serves to make the situation worse. I feel for the guy because I do know it is an illness.

Edited by The Wolf

he is accused of a long list of crimes starting with driving drunk, the county sheriff said.

Along with drunken driving, Robinson is accused of fleeing police, reckless driving, speeding and driving without a valid license, said Sheriff Dave Lange.

St. Peter police officers spotted Robinson speeding on the north side of town, police chief Matt Peters said this morning.

Talk about a tangled web. To avoid getting caught it looks like he commited many crimes. I can just see him saying "Oh sh...t!" :D