[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ahman Green looking sharp in camp

PaulOttCarruth

I love this kind of thread. Ahman Green is 28 years old, and the 3 years previous to last year he averaged 15 games, 1774 total yards, & 12 TDs.

Davenport doesn't have the hands that a RB requires in the SF/WCO offense, and Gado is an aim-the-missle-at-the-hole type RB, which also isn't condusive to a WCO.

By the talk going on here that Green's career is over, I ought to be able to secure him way down in the draft - his ADP is about 60 right now. That means given his past performance that if he stays healthy - and one nasty injury last year doesn't negate the previous 5 years with GB where he only missed 3 games before that - that I have a great chance of securing a RB who will outpeform his draft position - quite possibly by a huge amount.

Keep up the good work, guys!

Obviously you didn't bother reading the thread I provided the link to.

Just as a quick FYI for you, other NFL palyers have suffered a torn quadriceps injury before. Do you know how many were able to come back from it?

None, zip, zero & nanda.

Oh yeah! Those players weren't RB's either!

In the real world, only 80% of people suffering a torn quad return are able to return to their previous line of work and of that 80% only half of those enjoyed a 100% recovery.

The odds of Green returning to his previous form, just aren't that good. :D

BS1 inadvertantly put Green in as a keeper so now he changed his tune.

Inadvertantly?...

Mois?... :D

Oh yeah! I did do that didn't I? :D:D:D

Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian!?!?!

:D

Sky -- my specific advice would be to definitely give Green a 1-year contract. No more, no less. He's worth keeping this year to find out what, if anything, he's got left. I'd be okay with the OPTION to keep him next year, but I wouldn't want to be STUCK with him next year.

My more general advice is laid out in a lot of detail in the "GB RB" thread that's probably on the 2nd page somewhere. If I can find it, I'll link to it here.

Basically, I'd love to see Green recover completely from the injury, but I'm still skeptical it'll happen.

I'm rooting for him, of course, but I also realize it wasn't even a full-speed practice they're talking about. :D

Sky -- my specific advice would be to definitely give Green a 1-year contract.

Yeah... figured I would end up doing that. I can give him more and if he doesn't make a comeback I can drop him after the SB and get those extra contracts back....but I think just a year is probably best.

Even if I didn't own him I would hope that he has a good year. Hate to see a good player go out because of an injury they couldn't overcome.

Thanks Swiss.