[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offenses that will s#ck

Jackass

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were defenitly middle of the pack last year. 38 sacks allowed ranked 18th (tied with bills). IIRC Chris Samuels was a 1st round draft pick who hasnt quite lived up to his potential. I think the addition of Al Saunders will have this OL playing up to its full potential (barring injury). I'm predicting top 5 in rushing yards and sacks allowed.

Fantasy wise, players I wouldent mind having:

Clinton Portis- Will start the season, will get 1200+ yards, will get 15+TD's, will wear funny outfits on Thursdays. :D

Chris Cooley- 2005 (3rd season) 71/774/10 is defenitly money in TE man. leagues and would make a solid #3 wr. I see an uptick in his stats with the addition of Saunders (see Gonzalez).

Santana Moss- 2005 84/1483/9 Lower tier #1wr awesome #2. I see a pretty big drop off in production for him this year in yardage. The Skins wont be playing from behind as much as last year and they have a solid chain mover in RandelEl.

Redskins Team D- They are flying all over the field this pre-season. Had a bit of a drop-off last year but in 2004 they were a top 5 fantasy D in my league. I see a return to '04 form this year. Expect a lot of picks and fumbles caused by this secondary: CB's Carlos Rodgers/Sean Springs S's Adam Archuletta/Sean Taylor. All big hitters. I see many dropped passes/forced fumbles/interceptions. Shorter fields means more points for everyone.

Brandon Lloyd- He has always been the #1 wr on a team with no running game and no other wr threats. We've all seen his many highlight reel grabs. Without the constant double teams I think he has the chance to steal the #1 spot. I will be targeting him as my #4/5 wr flier.

So for you to lump this offense in with the Jets and the Texans is obviously utter nonsense and I accept your apology sir. :D

Yes, I realize that there is upside in the Redskins offense. No sh!t, Sherlock. Thanks for the tip.

But there's a sh!tload of risk as well. If you want to roll the dice on an injury-prone Brunell playing a full season, go ahead. And if you feel comfortable with Todd Collins and/or Jason Campbell potentially playing much of this season behind center, go ahead.

BTW, I never EQUATED the Redskins to the Jets and Texans. I simply said that I'm "not high on them." Try reading next time, pea brain.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Yes, I realize that there is upside in the Redskins offense. No sh!t, Sherlock. Thanks for the tip.

But there's a sh!tload of risk as well. If you want to roll the dice on an injury-prone Brunell playing a full season, go ahead. And if you feel comfortable with Todd Collins and/or Jason Campbell potentially playing much of this season behind center, go ahead.

BTW, I equated the Redskins to the Jets and Texans. I simply said that I'm "not high on them." Try reading next time, pea brain.

Apology accepted.

Minnesota should be on your hot list---especially since Chester went 9 for 18 the other nite & the K-rob troubles

The hits just keep on comming for the Vikes.

Add their #1 pick OLB Greenway being lost for the season to an as yet to be defined knee injury and Safety Tank Williams being placed on IR with a busted knee cap. :D

I'm in a couple of 16 team dynasty leagues.... so, Jets like Coles, Cotchery (who has taken over from McCariens as the #2 WR) and Tim Dwight are draftable players. Houston is worth a late round flyer/sleeper pick.

It's silly to say that one would swear off any team's players. Driver will be a stud, even if GB is horrible. Looks like Antonio Bryant could be a good #4 WR this year. Write off any team, and you will field a weaker roster because of it.

I'm in a couple of 16 team dynasty leagues.... so, Jets like Coles, Cotchery (who has taken over from McCariens as the #2 WR) and Tim Dwight are draftable players. Houston is worth a late round flyer/sleeper pick.

It's silly to say that one would swear off any team's players. Driver will be a stud, even if GB is horrible. Looks like Antonio Bryant could be a good #4 WR this year. Write off any team, and you will field a weaker roster because of it.

Naw, I disagree- enough quality players, good offensive teams you can avoid some horrible teams and field a great team. I will have no part of most guys from SF, NYJ, Chi, Buff, Cle- and be just fine. A guy like Driver is a stud, no question, but I still think you downgrade him a bit, and all things being equal, I like other WR over him at his spot in most drafts.

Naw, I disagree- enough quality players, good offensive teams you can avoid some horrible teams and field a great team. I will have no part of most guys from SF, NYJ, Chi, Buff, Cle- and be just fine. A guy like Driver is a stud, no question, but I still think you downgrade him a bit, and all things being equal, I like other WR over him at his spot in most drafts.

I think its all about where you draft these guys and where you are counting on them to contribute. If you draft Coles as your Number 1 WR you are asking for a trip to the basement, but if you can get him as a number 3 or number 4 WR, I cant imagine that would be a horrible situation. Fact is, he is the number 1 WR on a Jets team that isnt going to put up a lot of points, but need a play maker badly and he is the best they have. So you can still count on 5-6 receptions per game and 5-7 TDs from the only difference maker on the squad.

The worst teams still do score points and TDs, just not as much as the others.

I feel this is a really obvious statement to make, but you obviously would take Coles before you drafted someone like Brandon Stokely. If not, I will make a spot for you in my league any time.

I think its all about where you draft these guys and where you are counting on them to contribute. If you draft Coles as your Number 1 WR you are asking for a trip to the basement, but if you can get him as a number 3 or number 4 WR, I cant imagine that would be a horrible situation. Fact is, he is the number 1 WR on a Jets team that isnt going to put up a lot of points, but need a play maker badly and he is the best they have. So you can still count on 5-6 receptions per game and 5-7 TDs from the only difference maker on the squad.

The worst teams still do score points and TDs, just not as much as the others.

I feel this is a really obvious statement to make, but you obviously would take Coles before you drafted someone like Brandon Stokely. If not, I will make a spot for you in my league any time.

Of course, I am talking in relation to where they are picked. There are places where those guys are a good value, - But we all know Coles is not going anywhere near a WR3,4 in any drafts- period.

Of course, I am talking in relation to where they are picked. There are places where those guys are a good value, - But we all know Coles is not going anywhere near a WR3,4 in any drafts- period.

I wouldn't say that. Coles is a low Tier 3 WR. He'd make a good #4 and a decent #3 in deeper leagues. Brandon Lloyd and Antonio Bryant were on horrible offenses last season and either would've made a halfway decent #3 in a 12-team league.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Have to disagree strongly here.... Coles looks good for 75-900-6. Possibly better than that, depending. If that isn't "anywhere near WR 3 or 4", it's a five team league. I'd suggest you revisit your rankings.

Have to disagree strongly here.... Coles looks good for 75-900-6. Possibly better than that, depending. If that isn't "anywhere near WR 3 or 4", it's a five team league. I'd suggest you revisit your rankings.

To be clear- I agree on your #'s for Coles. I think he is a solid #2, at worst a WR3- and is gone in most drafts before you ever get to WR3,4. My point was just that depending on who is on the board, there are other WR I would grab b4 Coles just based off the NYJ offense, if they are basically a toss-up. But if he would happen to slide- yeah, I would grab him np.

Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Randel EL, Cooley AND Portis outa the backfield.... who do you double?

Moss maybe in certain situations but none of the others damand a double and that's good for the defense. If Brunell can stay healthy/mobile and Portis comes back strong the Skins will be fine.

• 2 months later...