[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SI Mock Draft

goldengrhm1

The best and the brightest of Sports Illustrated come together for a 12-team mock draft. Definitely some interesting picks check it out.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/fantasy/08/10/mock.draft.main/index.html]SI Mock Draft[/url]

1. Tiki going third?

2. Brady going 8

3. Bush at 19

Just wanted to see what everyone thought of this

Not much. They never impressed me all that much.

peter king. takes TE alex amith in the 6th. and then just because he didn't have enough TE's named smith taken way too early, takes lj smith in the 8th.

well done, well done.

How is it that a premier sports publication like SI just doesn't get the whole FF thing? Wouldn't you think they'd strive to be a leader at something like this?

same reason most mainstream sports radio stations (weei here in boston, e.g.) don't: they simply refuse to believe that it's a viable part of football now, and they know they don't understand it as well as the average dude here at the huddle, hence they fear/mock it. they're going to bury their dopey ostrich heads in the sand as long as possible to avoid it.

morons. :D

same reason most mainstream sports radio stations (weei here in boston, e.g.) don't: they simply refuse to believe that it's a viable part of football now, and they know they don't understand it as well as the average dude here at the huddle, hence they fear/mock it. they're going to bury their dopey ostrich heads in the sand as long as possible to avoid it.

morons. :D

Isn't that how the NFL used to feel about FF? Now, it seems, the league has realized it's popularity and embraced it as part of the football landscape.

The great thing about FF to me( 8 years now) is that despite the fact you have millions who play it and thousands who meet here at the huddle, most mainstream media outlets still dont get it. Its hard to believe that groups as large as CBS Sportsline, FOX sports, and SI are clueless. Its still get gassed on the underground cult like vibe if FF.

Isn't that how the NFL used to feel about FF? Now, it seems, the league has realized it's popularity and embraced it as part of the football landscape.

They've embraced it because it reeks of money.

Yes, well it's also 10 pts for every TD Rush/Reception.

Yes, but many QB's will throw at least 20 TD's...how many RB's or WR's will even sniff that? Unless there are a lot of points deducted for throwing a pick, I agree with QB's going so high in this format.

Well, except Brady this year. Too many question marks.

I can see maybe Manning going in the 1st, but Brady?? :D

Funniest thing about this pick is later in the 11th round he picks up Gado - and posts this as a comment: "Not thirlled about my Running Backs"

Um, yeah . . . thanks "expert"

Edited by MrFancyPants