[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you agree with these predictions from the SN?

skylive5

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It succinctly carried my exact thoughts. A worded rebuttal to your statement couldn't have expressed my reaction any better than that smilie, with the possible exception of this smilie:

:D

It is so good to have you back and posting. Always so well spoken. :D

Will we get the RB thread eventually?

It succinctly carried my exact thoughts. A worded rebuttal to your statement couldn't have expressed my reaction any better than that smilie, with the possible exception of this smilie:

Don't tell me you were feeling obligated again? :D

QB rating is an efficiency rating and is highly-dependent upon the rest of the team. It's easier for a QB to be "efficient" when he has a great running game and a great defense (like, say, Roethlisberger :D ) than it is for somebody who has to constantly throw into double-coverage in the 3rd and 4th quarters of every game (Favre last season).

Ah, but, what about the same viewpoint on passing yards. It is harder to accumulate passing yards when you are often winning in the 2nd half because of your defense and able to close the game out without passing because your running game is strong. It is much easier to put up big passing yardage and TD's when you throw more and are in more shootouts....

Edited by Menudo

Ah, but, what about the same viewpoint on passing yards. It is harder to accumulate passing yards when you are often winning in the 2nd half because of your defense and able to close the game out without passing because your running game is strong. It is much easier to put up big passing yardage and TD's when you throw more and are in more shootouts....

Noooooo!!! Not the never-ending Big Ben/Eli debate again! :D

I'll say this: Any question about Ben's ability to be anything other than a "system QB" was answered in those three road playoff games this past January. At worst, he's another Troy Aikman. And that ain't bad. Eli hasn't played in the league long enough to get the "overrated" label. Plus, pretty much any decent player on any New York team is going to get hyped to high hell anyway. And that's especially so when your brother is a future HOFer and your father would've been a HOFer if he hadn't played for the Saints.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Noooooo!!! Not the never-ending Big Ben/Eli debate again! :D

I'll say this: Any question about Ben's ability to be anything other than a "system QB" was answered in those three road playoff games this past January. At worst, he's another Troy Aikman. And that ain't bad. Eli hasn't played in the league long enough to get the "overrated" label. Plus, pretty much any decent player on any New York team is going to get hyped to high hell anyway. And that's especially so when your brother is a future HOFer and your father would've been a HOFer if he hadn't played for the Saints.

fair enough.