[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deuce is loose on Monday night

rajncajn

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2550790

Saints' McAllister declares self 'good enough to play'

Associated Press

JACKSON, Miss. -- Saints running back Deuce McAllister pronounced himself ready Tuesday for his first real game action since tearing his anterior cruciate ligament last October.

McAllister, who was kept out of action by coach Sean Payton in Saturday's preseason opener at Tennessee, said he will play in the upcoming Monday night game against Dallas in Shreveport, La.

"I expect it to hold up. I expect to go out there and play well," McAllister said. "I don't expect to go out there and not be able to do something. I don't know if it's 100 percent but it's good enough to play and it's at a point where we have to start making progress as far as in some games and see how it goes as far as that's concerned."

McAllister said he was not certain how long he would play but expected it to be around a quarter-and-a-half.

Will they play him?

From the Advocate

McAllister has gone full speed the last two days, but he is walking with a noticeable limp. Payton said he’s more concerned about how McAllister fits into the offense.

“I’m not thinking about the knee,” Payton said. “I’m thinking more about what he does well, what I think he does well, when it pertains to play type, or formation, or scheme design. I think he’s a pretty good physical runner, and I think he’s come off of this injury pretty well. I think the time between last week’s game and this week’s game is going to help him. He’ll get some carries in this game.”

Edited by Randall

Will they play him?

From the Advocate

McAllister has gone full speed the last two days, but he is walking with a noticeable limp. Payton said he’s more concerned about how McAllister fits into the offense.

“I’m not thinking about the knee,” Payton said. “I’m thinking more about what he does well, what I think he does well, when it pertains to play type, or formation, or scheme design. I think he’s a pretty good physical runner, and I think he’s come off of this injury pretty well. I think the time between last week’s game and this week’s game is going to help him. He’ll get some carries in this game.”

The TC reports that I have seen say he's not limping. Not sure who to believe, but I would tend to lean towards the reports rather than the media. I guess we'll all find out for sure Monday night.

Problem is the only real way to be sure is to give him some game time.

I know. Just don't want to come back to this thread on Tuesday and discuss McAllisters season ending injury and argue about why they played him too soon.

:fingerscrossed:

The TC reports that I have seen say he's not limping. Not sure who to believe, but I would tend to lean towards the reports rather than the media. I guess we'll all find out for sure Monday night.

You're right. He could be stepping around a pile of you know what and if it looked like a limp they'd probably report it. :D