[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i_am_the_swammi continue over here (NFC East)

cliaz

ah the old East Cost bias- I realize the Skins have an awesome fan base, and are one of the best franchises in sports. BUT please enlighten me on where the SKins are as good as or talented as Seattle? I would love to hear a position where they have the edge on Seattle. I agree- Carolina looks real tough, but the reality is the NFC goes thru Seahawks stadium, and NO ONE WINS THERE- ask Panther Dave what he thinks about it.

As a west coast guy- I love the rivalries and tradition of the NFC East- I wish we had that, and we really don't especialy after moving conferences. I think it is a good/solid division but not 1 team is as good as SEa/Car. NYG have a shot at being really good.

Anyone who thinks Sea is not the team to beat needs to wake the f up. :D

Won't even start with the SB- but we all know Pitt is lucky to be champs.

This is what I know-in 04 we were very injury riddled and that's putting it mildly, and the NFC Championship last year was our third straight road game and we lost Foster in the Bears game, plus many key players were dinged up(Morgan and Peppers). So, yes, the Hawks have beat us twice up there-no argument here, and I have never slammed the Hawks. They are a quality squad, but they have never faced the Panthers at 100% or full strength. Plus, the NFC will run through Charlotte this year, and I doubt the Hawks make it that far in 06.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I know-in 04 we (the wife and I) decided that because our team was so injury riddled that we would become Redskins fans because after all, they are the best team in the world and most of North Carolina is still redskins country. So I emailed Cliaz and he sent down a redskins fan starter kit. It included two Sonny spamshirts, a 4X6 Redskins flag to hang out side plus two car window flags, salt and pepper shakers and a hand towel. He was also nice enough to send me a 9x5 autographed picture of himself and 4 wallet sizes. So now come this opening day I'm not watching that horrible panthers team anymore (Boo, they suck.) I am going to skip Sunday all together and turn on the 1st Monday night game to watch the redskins beat the vikings! HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

That's awesome news! :D

This is what I know-in 04 we were very injury riddled and that's putting it mildly, and the NFC Championship last year was our third straight road game and we lost Foster in the Bears game, plus many key players were dinged up(Morgan and Peppers). So, yes, the Hawks have beat us twice up there-no argument here, and I have never slammed the Hawks. They are a quality squad, but they have never faced the Panthers at 100% or full strength. Plus, the NFC will run through Charlotte this year, and I doubt the Hawks make it that far in 06.

True true- we definitely caught Carolina the right time- no question about it. My main point was, Seattle has the best homefield advantage in the L. Car at full strength would have given us a good game, but the reality is- visiting teams do not win here. That game was over 6 minutes in. Yes, the NFC West is weak, and if I was a Car, or an NFC East fan I would be pissed- because it means 1 thing. You all have to play at our place to get out of the NFC- good luck.

True true- we definitely caught Carolina the right time- no question about it. My main point was, Seattle has the best homefield advantage in the L. Car at full strength would have given us a good game, but the reality is- visiting teams do not win here. That game was over 6 minutes in. Yes, the NFC West is weak, and if I was a Car, or an NFC East fan I would be pissed- because it means 1 thing. You all have to play at our place to get out of the NFC- good luck.

If by playing at our place you mean Carolina, then I agree. If you mean Seattle, i'm sorry it wont happen this year. You may have a home game but not through the playoffs

Ah Menudo- you have your Steeler gaydar up and running. No whining here- congrats on a really nice win for you and your Steelers. Unfortunately one of those games where the better team did not win, dats all I gotta say about that. 2006- 2007 baby

Good stuff Cliaz- how in the world will Seattle NOT have homefield advantage?? the NFC West will be wapped up mid-season. I know your effing Skins beat us early on last year, but I think it was b/c Josh Brown missed a game-winning FG- whatever-

I think a wildcard berth would be a nice season for the Skins, baby steps, baby steps

aigh Cliaz, without quoting your prior novel, a few points.....Nice research by the way

Schedule?? I agree- Sea had a weak sched. in '05, and has another weak looking sched. for '06- that is just the way it goes. Nothing you can do about the sched., except go out every week and win- which is what they did, and will do . Carolina is damn good- and even banged up they were scaring me coming into the NFC title game- but Sea was clicking that day, and Car didn't stand a chance, and wouldn't of at full strength either.

Wash- better defense & WR?? maybe- I will give you a slight nod on D- although Sea has 2 major upgrades in Julian Peterson & Ken Hamlin coming back- D is pretty close.

WR? maybe more talent on paper but you stil got the broken down Lefty chuckin it to em- so it doesn't matter- Skins wish they had Seattle's passing game and scheme.

Better coaching staff? please

Won't in the NFC West? :D , who will, the Cardinals?? that is menudo-esque right there.

No hate directed at the NFC East, as I dislike every team in your division. :D But love the tradition and rivalries. I just see the NYG winning it and Dallas edging Wash for 2nd.

aigh Cliaz, without quoting your prior novel, a few points.....Nice research by the way

Schedule?? I agree- Sea had a weak sched. in '05, and has another weak looking sched. for '06- that is just the way it goes. Nothing you can do about the sched., except go out every week and win- which is what they did, and will do . Carolina is damn good- and even banged up they were scaring me coming into the NFC title game- but Sea was clicking that day, and Car didn't stand a chance, and wouldn't of at full strength either.

Wash- better defense & WR?? maybe- I will give you a slight nod on D- although Sea has 2 major upgrades in Julian Peterson & Ken Hamlin coming back- D is pretty close.

WR? maybe more talent on paper but you stil got the broken down Lefty chuckin it to em- so it doesn't matter- Skins wish they had Seattle's passing game and scheme.

Won't in the NFC West? :D , who will, the Cardinals?? that is menudo-esque right there.

No hate directed at the NFC East, as I dislike every team in your division. :D But love the tradition and rivalries. I just see the NYG winning it and Dallas edging Wash for 2nd.

Good stuff here. But as far as the coaching, you can't be serious.

Gibbs

Saunders

Williams

Bugle

Right there alone says it. :D

Good stuff here. But as far as the coaching, you can't be serious.

Gibbs

Saunders

Williams

Bugle

Right there alone says it. :D

Gibbs WAS a good coach but he is dinosaur. I think Holmgren IS a better coach today than Gibbs, and I don't think many would argue that. You are correct on the assistants- one of the best staffs I have ever seen- congrats :D

I think Joe Bugle alone is good for 2-3 wins

Edited by wildcat2334

Gibbs WAS a good coach but he is dinosaur. I think Holmgren IS a better coach today than Gibbs, and I don't think many would argue that. You are correct on the assistants- one of the best staffs I have ever seen- congrats :D

I think Joe Bugle alone is good for 2-3 wins

Alright now you are just talking out of your turd cutter. Gibbs is a way better coach than Holmgren.

The Giants will not take the east because their D is not as good as the Skins. The Giants may have a shot at being really good but the Skins WILL take their shots and WILL take the division.

Whoa, let's back that truck up a aminute there Chachi. Every one points to the Giants fade last year but does any one know why they faded? I'll tell you. Because they didn't have a single one of their starting LBs on the field AND our second string MIKE went down as well. Pierce, Emmons, Torbor, and Blackburn all finished the year in civvies. Oh yeah, I won't even get into the fact that we didn't have one of our starting CBs (Peterson) almost the ENTIRE year. So, five of the starting defense didn't play for the last 4 games of the season.

And we still finished the season 11-5. I don't get how you can say with a straight face that the Skins D is better than the Giants.

Something you should take to the bank now: Everyone in Skinsland will rue the day Lavar was allowed to leave.

All I can say is Carolina will stuff the run this year, our WR corp is light years ahead of last year, and your WR corp is ?, very much so, vs the best CB tandem in the NFL. If we do meet in the PO in Carolina or Seattle you will have youe asses handed to you. Bottom line-Fox and Hurney have done what needed to be done, and most don't realize that this team is way, way better than the team that made the NFC Championship game.

Edited by PantherDave

I don't get how you can say with a straight face that the Skins D is better than the Giants.

Something you should take to the bank now: Everyone in Skinsland will rue the day Lavar was allowed to leave.

Skins D is better than the Giants.

And while I really liked Lavar, if Gibbs and Williams cant get him to play right in their system--bye bye. He was a good pickup for you guys and I dont look forward to seeing him, but our defense is definitely better than the Giants defense.

honestly...the Giants D has improved....the addition of Arrington was nice and all...as long as the defensive scheme isn't too complex...he likes to roam around some...

Madison is a very strong addition....and the DL is strong as well..

but the Skins defense is better all around...

the Giants may have a stronger pass rush...that is very debatable....but the skins are stronger at stopping the run and they have a much stronger LB corps and defensive backfield...

1. How come when comparing NFC E teams, everyone tries to compare their team when healthy against oponnents team that is not.

2. Why all the hate for Wash? Everyne keeps hating on brunell but forget that he was also hurt during the playoff stretch, and had no other WRs besides Moss Cooley. So if he and the WR corps stays heathy there is no reason why the team should not at least do as well as it did last year.

The only concern i can think of is the new system brought it by Saunders.. and even then.. i dont think it will take the O more then a couple of real season games to get it down.

As far as D goes it's bar non the best D in the NFC E.. period. And we have all seen championships won with great D's