[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Leaf coaching QB's?

NoFatchix

All joking aside, we all know how bad his stint in the NFL was. While he was bad on the field, he was just as bad off of it with his little stunts he pulled cussing everyone out. But I do think that overall, people do change and can do something with themselves if given a second chance. And while, he may still be a jerk if put in the right situation, he may be able to pass on relative experience to the kids he coaches.

I would also like to bring up the old axiom, "Those who can't, coach." And don't bother bashing me as a Leaf apologist or defender, I'm just saying that he deserves the chance to make something of himself doing the thing he has the most experience at in his life. How many baseball players who don't make it in the majors go off to coach the game in high schools around the country? Same for basketball players. These people who "fail" to make it to the bigs, are sometimes ultimately responsible for the players we do see in the pros.

And with that, back to the Leaf jokes.

All joking aside, we all know how bad his stint in the NFL was. While he was bad on the field, he was just as bad off of it with his little stunts he pulled cussing everyone out. But I do think that overall, people do change and can do something with themselves if given a second chance. And while, he may still be a jerk if put in the right situation, he may be able to pass on relative experience to the kids he coaches.

I would also like to bring up the old axiom, "Those who can't, coach." And don't bother bashing me as a Leaf apologist or defender, I'm just saying that he deserves the chance to make something of himself doing the thing he has the most experience at in his life. How many baseball players who don't make it in the majors go off to coach the game in high schools around the country? Same for basketball players. These people who "fail" to make it to the bigs, are sometimes ultimately responsible for the players we do see in the pros.

And with that, back to the Leaf jokes.

:D:D

He is not hurting for money, he made millions with his signing bonus and married a very hot daughter of an owner of a major radio broadcasting company.

He WAS a jerk, might still be to adults. But if he actually gives something back to our youth in a positive way, then maybe he is finally earning some of that free money in an indirect way!

Nor am I a Cryin Ryan appologist and am pissed at Gilbride, Leaf and Surfer Boy for how all of them handled the situation when he got here to SD. It was the single event that killed this franchise for years!

:D

As bad as he was, he was still good enough to been in the discussion as to who would be better, Leaf or Manning. The guy was dominant at the college level, which is still pretty damn good. While he didnt have what it took in the NFL, he still knows and understands a lot about the quarterback position. If I was in high school I would be thrilled to have the former no.2 pick in the draft teaching me rather than a guy who played a little bit in high school. Its not like Montana, Young and Elway are coaching at high school...

As bad as he was, he was still good enough to been in the discussion as to who would be better, Leaf or Manning. The guy was dominant at the college level, which is still pretty damn good. While he didnt have what it took in the NFL, he still knows and understands a lot about the quarterback position. If I was in high school I would be thrilled to have the former no.2 pick in the draft teaching me rather than a guy who played a little bit in high school. Its not like Montana, Young and Elway are coaching at high school...

I believe he had the skills to play in the NFL. It was his attitude that set him apart and doomed him. A lot of great QB's struggled in their first couple of years before finally either grasping the complexities of the NFL or getting a supporting cast around them. EG: Terry Bradshaw (6 tds-24ints- 38.1pct) and John Elway (7tds-14ints- 47.5pct).

Edited by ghengis_chan