[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DD

HowboutthemCowboys

Domanick Davis - RB, Houston Texans 08/17/06

Houston Texans running back Domanick Davis hasn't practiced for close to three weeks and his return date is nowhere in sight. It is now likely he will miss the entire preseason because of his knee problems, even after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on the knee as far back as December of 2005. He just started back running and his status to start the season is cloudy to say the least, "I don't want to answer that right now," Kubiak said. "I think that would be very hard to do. I think he'd tell you the same thing. I don't know, stranger things have happened. Let's wait and see."

This is not a surprise to anyone.Can anyone explain to me why the Texans did'nt draft Bush????This could turn out to be the worst decision ever made by an NFL franchise.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, there is no comparison between Morency and Barry. That is like saying Cade McCown and Troy Aikman are just alike because they both came out of UCLA.

Give McNown Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith and a positively dominant O-line and I don't think the differences would be that great. Aikman sucked too.

:D

Give McNown Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith and a positively dominant O-line and I don't think the differences would be that great. Aikman sucked too.

Nice cast, but you need better bait......

You amuse me...

The guy did exactly what was asked of him, and came up big when he had to. How many games did Aikman ever lose?

Edited by piratesownninjas

While I admit that I was partially fishing, I was half serious as well. Aikman didn't suck, but he was largely a product of the weapons that he had - go take a look at his stats during the years before and after the DAL dynasty. When that team wasn't in its prime, Aikman was pretty pedestrian.

I'd love to stick around and see how peeps respond to this, but it's late on the east coast.

While I admit that I was partially fishing, I was half serious as well. Aikman didn't suck, but he was largely a product of the weapons that he had - go take a look at his stats during the years before and after the DAL dynasty. When that team wasn't in its prime, Aikman was pretty pedestrian.

I'd love to stick around and see how peeps respond to this, but it's late on the east coast.

Also look at what Aikman did in the playoffs. He put up some hugh numbers when it mattered most. I cannot stand the Cowboys, or Aikman, but the guy was a little bit more than a product of the system.

Lets say the dynasty started in 92... Aikman was a rookie in 89. What rookie quarterbacks come in and light the world on fire as far as stats go?

After the dynasty he had health issues as far as concussions go, and there was absolutley nothing there for him to use, other than Smith.

I think that you're a bitter NYG, Philly or Washington fan.

Its o.k. I hate the cowboys too.

Aikman sucked too.

Another example of Fantasy Football causing a slanted view on NFL performances. Aikman was not a good fantasy football QB because of the system he was in, but, Aikman was a very good NFL QB.

I think that you're a bitter NYG, Philly or Washington fan.

you'd think wrong - I simply don't think he's as deservng of the heaps of praise that people throw on him. He had some pretty good years (nothing spectacular by any means) at the head of an offense that revolved around Emmitt Smith running through large holes created by the O line - that doesn't say a whole lot to me.

People can use the "he didn't lose games" argument all they like, but I don't buy it - great QBs do more than "not lose" and have handful of nice games. I watched the guy for years and never understood the adulation - he was pretty good, but many people make him out to be a football god (b/c he was the QB on a team that won several SBs). I think those SBs were much more a function of the team around him than they were of Aikman.

Another example of Fantasy Football causing a slanted view on NFL performances. Aikman was not a good fantasy football QB because of the system he was in, but, Aikman was a very good NFL QB.

Is that what this is? :D Who's talking about Fantasy Football here?

Feel free to show me one 'very good' season he had while he wasn't on a dominant team with a dominant RB, WR and O-line.

Is that what this is? :D Who's talking about Fantasy Football here?

Feel free to show me one 'very good' season he had while he wasn't on a dominant team with a dominant RB, WR and O-line.

Please give me your opinion on Ben Roethlisberger's first two seasons in the NFL.......

no, he didn't.

As a fellow Bills fan, I can attest (as much as I hated him back then) that no, he does not suck.

It cracks me up when someone says someone is "a PART of the system". Emmitt sucked too huh? He was a part of the same system.

Thats what makes good players great. Being a part of a system that works for them.

As a fellow Bills fan, I can attest (as much as I hated him back then) that no, he does not suck.

It cracks me up when someone says someone is "a PART of the system". Emmitt sucked too huh? He was a part of the same system.

Thats what makes good players great. Being a part of a system that works for them.

"Part of the system" = "I don't want to give him the credit that he is due."

Edited by Menudo

you'd think wrong - I simply don't think he's as deservng of the heaps of praise that people throw on him. He had some pretty good years (nothing spectacular by any means) at the head of an offense that revolved around Emmitt Smith running through large holes created by the O line - that doesn't say a whole lot to me.

People can use the "he didn't lose games" argument all they like, but I don't buy it - great QBs do more than "not lose" and have handful of nice games. I watched the guy for years and never understood the adulation - he was pretty good, but many people make him out to be a football god (b/c he was the QB on a team that won several SBs). I think those SBs were much more a function of the team around him than they were of Aikman.

On one hand I agree with you. He was a system QB. His stats were lower than many because of the system he was in. Dallas was a ball control offense, that relyed heavily on the run. That being said, he was one of the most accurate QB's in the history of the NFL, and his TD/INT ratio was pretty unbelivable. He was clutch. I figured he would get in the HOF, but was suprised that he was a first ballot HOF guy. Brady reminds me a lot of Aikman. Not a great QB, but a very good QB who makes few mistakes, and is fortunate enought to be on a good team.

Please give me your opinion on Ben Roethlisberger's first two seasons in the NFL.......

I know that you're an insane Steelers homer and can't get enough of talking abut your boys, but what's Roeth have to do with anything?