[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DD

HowboutthemCowboys

So, he's better than Marino, Montana, Fouts, Elway, Unitas, Fran Tarkenton, Otto Graham, Steve Young, Warren Moon, and Len Dawson were? Perhaps in another five years, but not now.

I said top ten, jackass...

I think he is the second coming of Montana. Yes I think he's better than Marino, and yes, I think he's better than Warren Moon.

He puts up stats, and more importantly, has three more rings than Moon and Marino.

Great stats don't make a top ten quarterback

Championships don't make a top ten quarterback

A combination of both does.

Edited by piratesownninjas

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Young regular season: 33,124 pass yds (64.3%), 232 pass TDs, 107 INTs, 4239 rush yds, 43 rush TDs

Steve Young post-season: 3326 pass yds (62.0%), 20 pass TDs, 13 INTs, 585 rush yds, 8 rush TDs

7 Pro Bowls, 1 SB appearance, 1 SB title (325 pass yds, 6 TDs)

Tom Brady regular season: 18,035 pass yds (61.9%), 123 pass TDs, 66 INTs, 333 rush yds, 3 rush TDs

Tom Brady post-season: 2493 pass yds (61.3%), 15 pass TDs, 5 INTs, 51 rush yds, 2 rush TDs

3 Pro Bowls, 3 SB appearances, 3 SB titles (735 pass yds, 6 TDs)

Tom needs a good five or six years before he can be compared to Steve Young.

Randall Cunningham had about 10,000 more yds passing and about 80 more passing tds. than Brady does at this point in his career.Was he a better QB than Brady too?

Can we please get this thread back to DD? I know a guy that was too drunk during his draft and took DD in the 3rd round having totally forgot about the knee (and the bar bill, the call home to the wife, etc) and could use as much up to date info. on this broken RB as he can get.

Is the latest truly that we may not see him until @ Week 6?

Can we please get this thread back to DD? I know a guy that was too drunk during his draft and took DD in the 3rd round having totally forgot about the knee (and the bar bill, the call home to the wife, etc) and could use as much up to date info. on this broken RB as he can get.

Is the latest truly that we may not see him until @ Week 6?

email this to your "friend".

Domanick Davis - RB, Houston Texans 08/17/06

Houston Texans running back Domanick Davis hasn't practiced for close to three weeks and his return date is nowhere in sight. It is now likely he will miss the entire preseason because of his knee problems, even after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on the knee as far back as December of 2005. He just started back running and his status to start the season is cloudy to say the least, "I don't want to answer that right now," Kubiak said. "I think that would be very hard to do. I think he'd tell you the same thing. I don't know, stranger things have happened. Let's wait and see."

edit to add-hope your wife forgave ya. :D

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Domanick Davis - RB, Houston Texans 08/17/06

Houston Texans running back Domanick Davis hasn't practiced for close to three weeks and his return date is nowhere in sight. It is now likely he will miss the entire preseason because of his knee problems, even after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on the knee as far back as December of 2005. He just started back running and his status to start the season is cloudy to say the least, "I don't want to answer that right now," Kubiak said. "I think that would be very hard to do. I think he'd tell you the same thing. I don't know, stranger things have happened. Let's wait and see."

This is not a surprise to anyone.Can anyone explain to me why the Texans did'nt draft Bush????This could turn out to be the worst decision ever made by an NFL franchise.

I'm certain they thought DD would be back, and that Morency is a developing back up, (great late round pick up this year). Additionally, they prob. saved a mint in salary over the long hall...

I said top ten, jackass...

And I listed ten that are all more accomplished, dip$hit.

Brady better than Marino? LOL!

Sorry, but rings mean that you played on better teams. Using your logic, Aikman would be a better QB than Marino. Montana wouldn't have those four rings had he not played in Walsh's offense that was light years ahead of opposing defensive coordinators.

Randall Cunningham had about 10,000 more yds passing and about 80 more passing tds. than Brady does at this point in his career.Was he a better QB than Brady too?

Cunningham also had a wretched 56.6 completion percentage and only a handfull of good seasons ('87-'90 and '98). He was either mediocre, injured, or benched in the others. In fact, he was benched in Philly because he was too freaking dumb to understand Gruden's offense (bet you didn't know that). If you had actually watched Cunningham play, you wouldn't be making this argument. You could make the same "career numbers" argument for Bledsoe, yet nobody who has actually watched Bledsoe play would considering putting him in an elite tier.

From '92-'98 Steve Young was arguably the best QB in the NFL (only Favre was in the same tier). He was dominant for seven straight seasons AND put up phenominal passing and rushing numbers in a very complicated offense. The same cannot be said for guys like Cunningham and Bledsoe.

Cunningham also had a wretched 56.6 completion percentage and only a handfull of good seasons ('87-'90 and '98). He was either mediocre, injured, or benched in the others. In fact, he was benched in Philly because he was too freaking dumb to understand Gruden's offense (bet you didn't know that). If you had actually watched Cunningham play, you wouldn't be making this argument. You could make the same "career numbers" argument for Bledsoe, yet nobody who has actually watched Bledsoe play would considering putting him in an elite tier.

From '92-'98 Steve Young was arguably the best QB in the NFL (only Favre was in the same tier). He was dominant for seven straight seasons AND put up phenominal passing and rushing numbers in a very complicated offense. The same cannot be said for guys like Cunningham and Bledsoe.

true, true and true. Not sure I agree that Brady isn't even in the same class as Young (I think he is, just at the bottom of it), but Swerski has spouted nothing but wisdom on this point - especially the point that rings primarilymean you played on good teams.

Not sure I agree that Brady isn't even in the same class as Young (I think he is, just at the bottom of it)

I pretty much agree with that. But it IS really difficult to compare a guy who has only been a starter for five years to Steve Young. But Brady is well on his way to becoming the pocket passer equivalent of Young.

Also nice to see that somebody else recognizes that TEAMS, not individuals, win championships. Put Brady on the Lions and he never wins candied yams. But Montana on the '80s Bucs teams and he doesn't win candied yams, either.

I pretty much agree with that. But it IS really difficult to compare a guy who has only been a starter for five years to Steve Young. But Brady is well on his way to becoming the pocket passer equivalent of Young.

Also nice to see that somebody else recognizes that TEAMS, not individuals, win championships. Put Brady on the Lions and he never wins candied yams. But Montana on the '80s Bucs teams and he doesn't win candied yams, either.

Put Peyton Manning on the Colts and he never wins a Super Bowl.

Oh wait, he IS there. :D

I bet if Tee Martin was on the Colts he'd lead them to the promised land like he did the year after Peyton left UT.

Edited by CD6405

I thought Kubiak said Morency would be seeing alot of action today?

RUSHING

ATT YDS TD LG

V. Morency 7 37 1 12

W. Lundy 5 33 0 21

REC YDS TD LG

W. Lundy 2 26 0 13

V. Morency 1 9 0 9

Put Peyton Manning on the Colts and he never wins a Super Bowl.

Oh wait, he IS there. :D

I bet if Tee Martin was on the Colts he'd lead them to the promised land like he did the year after Peyton left UT.

Take Peyton off of the Colts and they never even get close to the SB.

And speaking of UT, I think we've found his heir apparent.

And I listed ten that are all more accomplished, dip$hit.

Brady better than Marino? LOL!

Sorry, but rings mean that you played on better teams. Using your logic, Aikman would be a better QB than Marino. Montana wouldn't have those four rings had he not played in Walsh's offense that was light years ahead of opposing defensive coordinators.

So how is Joe Montana great then? Did he put up numbers? If Montana is one of the best, so is Brady.

Marino is very similar to Manning in my opinion... Both around Aikmans level.

Take Peyton off of the Colts and they never even get close to the SB.

And speaking of UT, I think we've found his heir apparent.

I hope whatever QB they have this year is better than what they had last year. Clausen and Ainge were painful to watch. Smart move on Jimmy Clausen's part NOT to follow in his brothers' footsteps.

Edited by CD6405