[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's up with Darrell Jackson?

FishFreak

I like him a lot but he has had a troublesome knee for a while now dating back to last year. It seems to swell up a lot a la Dominick Davis and he hasn't been to active this pre-season. Any Hawks out there know the real deal on his health status? If he's gimpy, you gotta downgrade Hasselback just having lost his TE Stevens.

According to the latest... Jackson could practice for the first time in camp on Tuesday.

Personally... think he is milking it a bit. Either that or he mends reeeeeaaaaaalllll sloooow.

I will most likely stay away from him this year.... as much as there is an upside if he does play.

Burelson will be the main target in Seattle this year I believe.

he makes an ideal #3 as he can be explosive...but his knee is worrisome...

I personally feel I can nab him in the 5th round in my local....

Ideal 3? wow- have not seen him last that long. I thik he is an ideal #2- I really doubt he will last till 5th- if he does, ridiculous.

The deal with DJax- is Holmgren is smart, gonna make sure he is right and healthy. Last year, when he did play, it was without much practice at all. Guy is a natural, and a gamer- and he should be good to go wk 1- and put up some nice numbers.

Ideal 3? wow- have not seen him last that long. I thik he is an ideal #2- I really doubt he will last till 5th- if he does, ridiculous.

The deal with DJax- is Holmgren is smart, gonna make sure he is right and healthy. Last year, when he did play, it was without much practice at all. Guy is a natural, and a gamer- and he should be good to go wk 1- and put up some nice numbers.

he's a great talent...but a headache to fantasy owners..

I'll never forget the MNF game where he was on crutches that morning and then ended up playing and putting up great numbers...

my brother had him and put him on IR for that week because of the news....

he ended up getting pentalized because he had someone on IR that wasn't hurt and played that week...

That's what I want to hear but I still need some confirmation on that knee.....it really worries me as I got burned with him last year.

I have Wayne, Mason and Housh ahead of DJax...

Wayne yes I agree. Me personally no way I put TJ ahead of DJax. He is still a # 2 on a team with a QB health question, a very solid RB, and a stud # 1 WR. As for Mason and DJax that is VERY close. I think Id still edge towards DJax but if someone went Mason that wouldn't be crazy. I just think DJax and Hass have a great thing together and while Mason and McNair do as well Balt still has Heap and Clayton as well, and even in his best years Mason wasn't a TD threat like DJax can be. So I still go DJax before Mason but that is close. Of course if DJax doesn't practice soon that may change.

What about Engram? I haven't heard anyone mention his name at all this off season, did he fall off the planet? He wasn't bad at all......

According to published reports, Engram has looked great in camp so far, crisp as ever & making plays. He has been named "player of the day" by beat reporters a few times since camp started.

edited to add: As a matter of fact, you could make the argument that the loss of Stevens actually bodes well for Engram's numbers, as Hass loves to lean on him anyway, and the Hawks may be forced to use a 3 WR set in lieu of a 2 TE set in some situations.

Edited by Bonehand

According to published reports, Engram has looked great in camp so far, crisp as ever & making plays. He has been named "player of the day" by beat reporters a few times since camp started.

So why is no one talking about him? DMD has him ranked really far back in the rankings.

So why is no one talking about him? DMD has him ranked really far back in the rankings.

I suspect because DMD doesn't read every single snippet about the Seahawks that is released. I do. :D

And THAT my friend is why you read these boards.

DJax is puzzling to me. He looked really good in the beginning of last season and then missed most of the rest of the season and came back and looked really good again. 1st half or quarter of the SB he was unstoppable and then didn't catch another pass, had surgery and hasn't been back since. i really want to draft him b/c i think sea and hass will have a strong passing o this season and i have seen djax starting to slip in drafts at least until he plays a preseason game. short answer is that no one really seems to know what is the true condition of his knee.

as for engram, while he's a solid player, he has never put up stats that were much better than a #5 fantasy wr. i do recall he had a decent stretch for part of two seasons ago i believe.

Because he’s a possession receiver. He will always get his 5+ catches a game but alot of them will be for less than 10 yards. If you draft Engram you will get 50-60 yards a game and a TD from time to time but that’s about it. Last year when DJax got hurt, it didn’t help Engrams numbers at all nor will it this year. Last year it was J.Juerivious and to a smaller extent DJ Hackett that received a boost from the DJax injury. This year it will be Burleson. Engram is an OK #3 fantasy receiver, especially when the match up is right, but that’s it. Don’t let Djax’s health status have any influence on deciding to draft Engram. All that being said I still like Engram as my 5th or 6th WR because he may not help you much, but he also won’t hurt you. He’s not a bad fill in for bye weeks or injuries.

Daaayum! And Bone serves DMD a grill poppin'!

:D Not at all. DMD & the Huddle crew have 32 teams to cover, while I am simply a king hell homer Seahawk geek.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get to "Mike Sando's midday camp blog update" each day, as I seem to do. :D

Which for me is what makes these boards so great: For every team in the NFL, there are homers with their ear to the ground, postin' that knowledge 24/7. :D

Edited by Bonehand

Wayne yes I agree. Me personally no way I put TJ ahead of DJax. He is still a # 2 on a team with a QB health question, a very solid RB, and a stud # 1 WR. As for Mason and DJax that is VERY close. I think Id still edge towards DJax but if someone went Mason that wouldn't be crazy. I just think DJax and Hass have a great thing together and while Mason and McNair do as well Balt still has Heap and Clayton as well, and even in his best years Mason wasn't a TD threat like DJax can be. So I still go DJax before Mason but that is close. Of course if DJax doesn't practice soon that may change.

I say Mason because he has McNair back...I've personally made it a point to draft him since Mcnair signed as a raven....plus DJax is a fantasy owners headache...

Housh can easily be argued....I am almost hypocritical here because I knock DJax for his injury problems...but Housh had injury problems too...

so yeah, I'll take that one back...

I say Mason because he has McNair back...I've personally made it a point to draft him since Mcnair signed as a raven....plus DJax is a fantasy owners headache...

Housh can easily be argued....I am almost hypocritical here because I knock DJax for his injury problems...but Housh had injury problems too...

so yeah, I'll take that one back...

I definitely like DJax over Mason. Mason and McNair are a nice little combo- but Mason is slowing, and is pretty much a possession receiver at this point in his career. I have always liked Mason, but Djax is better choice, with more upside. Housh? no thanks- DJax got his knee cleaned out, and should be good to go- a #1 WR in a loaded offense?? worth the injuty risk IMO.

I definitely like DJax over Mason. Mason and McNair are a nice little combo- but Mason is slowing, and is pretty much a possession receiver at this point in his career. I have always liked Mason, but Djax is better choice, with more upside. Housh? no thanks- DJax got his knee cleaned out, and should be good to go- a #1 WR in a loaded offense?? worth the injuty risk IMO.

I don't know...I think Mason will be a top 10 WR if he plays all 16 games...

DJax is a headache whether or not he misses games...

they are probably both in my top 15...but Mason is 1 or 2 spots ahead of DJax....

I am usually good at drafting an injury free fantasy team...aside from freak injuries that just happen...

but I have a knack for drafting players with little injury history or ones that have fresher legs...

I think Mason is in the better situation to put up numbers than DJax due to DJax's knee alone...

I have no problem with drafting DJax if I can get him at the right spot...but Mason is one notch above him since I feel alot better about him playing a full season...

Shaun Alexander said on Seahawks Live that he beleives Darrell Jackson is gonna have a season year.

As for a number 3 I have never seen a league that he would go that far down the boards and i've never seen him go after TJ and Mason.

As for Engram he is playing the slot this year exactly where he should be playing.

The seahawks were really looking good this week besides the Stevens injury, but we finally got Itula Mili back he's not worth drafting for your teams but he can help out Hasselbeck in the passing game and we also have a lot of depth and talent at WR with Bobby Engram, Peter Warrick, DJ Hackett, and Maurice Mann backing up our starters. Hasselbeck looks really good this year.

Shaun Alexander said on Seahawks Live that he beleives Darrell Jackson is gonna have a season year.

As for a number 3 I have never seen a league that he would go that far down the boards and i've never seen him go after TJ and Mason.

As for Engram he is playing the slot this year exactly where he should be playing.

The seahawks were really looking good this week besides the Stevens injury, but we finally got Itula Mili back he's not worth drafting for your teams but he can help out Hasselbeck in the passing game and we also have a lot of depth and talent at WR with Bobby Engram, Peter Warrick, DJ Hackett, and Maurice Mann backing up our starters. Hasselbeck looks really good this year.

Agreed. No way I'd TJ over Derrell Jackson, and for the most part that goes for Mason too. However, this news does sound pretty interesting regarding Mason's rank among WR's:

Derrick Mason returned from a concussion and caught seven passes for 72 yards in Thursday's preseason game against the Eagles.

Impact: Mason suffered a "mild" concussion in last Friday's exhibition contest, but put up some strong numbers in a half of play. Based on the chemistry he and Steve McNair showcased tonight, Mason could be in store for a big season.

:D

I didn't like seeing this today. From The Tacoma News Tribune's Blog Update by Mike Sando, regarding this AM's practice:

"WR Darrell Jackson (knee) and DT Marcus Tubbs (Achilles) did not practice. There had been some talk earlier in camp that those guys could be back for this third exhibition game. At this point I'll be surprised if we see Jackson before the regular season. He obviously won't play against San Diego, and the starters usually don't do much in the final exhibition game."

Granted this is the reporter's opinion, but considering Jackson wasn't in football condition to begin with, & now he still isn't even practicing? That makes me very nervous that Jackson will not be ready for the first game.

In the meantime Bobby Engram had 5 catches for 62 yards in the first half & looked great vs. the Colts Sunday night. :D

Edited by Bonehand