[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction Question

49erAddict-08

A few and my buddies and I are starting an auction league this year. We have a couple friends who want in but live in another state? Has anyone ever done an auction with some of the owners participating remotely and if so, how?

We could do it all online fantasyauctioneer.com, however, the rest of us would prefer getting together rather than doing it online.

We have some out of towners that requested doing their part online (messenger). We said be there live or send someone to do it for you or we'll find another owner. I don't see how some can do it from out of town while the rest are live. You would lose the speed and excitement of the auction doing it that way.

My league changed to an auction for the first time this year. We had one owner who was out of town, and he drafted over the speaker-phone. Wasn't too bad.

We considered having him be on AIM, but the group didn't think that would work out too well.

I don't think speaker-phone would work very well for more than one person though, so the internet might be your only option if you really want those out of town people to play.