[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oysters

Big F'n Dave

I've already got my first Oyster Roast planned for the year, as I'll be picking up 3 bushels of "Stump Sound Oysters"-looking forward to it. I'll have both my steamer's going and I'll be roasting some on the grill as well.

Cooler full of cold beers-roasted Silver Queen corn and BBQ stewed potatoes :D

I've already got my first Oyster Roast planned for the year, as I'll be picking up 3 bushels of "Stump Sound Oysters"-looking forward to it. I'll have both my steamer's going and I'll be roasting some on the grill as well.

Ok P.D.,I gotta ask.What the hell is a BBQ stewed potato? :D

Love me some oysters, they bring back some fond memories. Not like you think tho.

Used to sit with my Grandpa and watch him shuck a sack of oysters like it was nothing. He'd always have a bottle of hot sauce & some saltines and knock a couple of dozen down in the process. Man I miss him... :D

I prefer them steamed, grilled, fried or in a gumbo myself, but I've been known to tear into a few off the shell a time or two.

Ok P.D.,I gotta ask.What the hell is a BBQ stewed potato? :D

Get a big can of boiled whole small taters-put them in a big pot(do not drain), then pour some vinegar based hot BBQ sauce in there-bring to boil, then turn to low, cover and simmer for about an hour(let the taters absorb the sauce).

I've got my first going down on Sept 9th-so far 5 Bushels of Stump Sound Oysters, and it's going to be killer. I'll be in perfect CrockPot Mode come Sunday-let somebody else do the cooking. I'm planning on Jenn-Airing three London Broils as well...................Let's Get It Fuggin On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What time should we plan on being there? :D