[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bell vs Bell

Avernus

I am speechless.... :D

The truth no one really thinks about just slapped you in the face, wake up football fans, Tatum Bell should be starting. If Shanignad keeps holding the grudge or whatever it is against Tatum, he will be a FA eventually and someone will give him some major coin and give him his shot soon enough... thats why he is on 2 of my dynasty league teams, and I would love to have him on the other 2.

The truth no one really thinks about just slapped you in the face, wake up football fans, Tatum Bell should be starting. If Shanignad keeps holding the grudge or whatever it is against Tatum, he will be a FA eventually and someone will give him some major coin and give him his shot soon enough... thats why he is on 2 of my dynasty league teams, and I would love to have him on the other 2.

:D

You're comparing TBell to BSanders and you want me to wake up

if he can't cut it in Denver...he won't cut it anywhere...

Just a rookie to the Huddle, I hang my hat at another fantasy football message board and have my thousands of posts over there. Been in the game for many years.

I just found the huddle a few weeks ago while looking for boards to recruit owners for my new dynasty league, I like the board, seems like a good online community, so I read up occasionally, and when I see something that catchs my eye, I post it.

This caught my eye. That is exactly what Barry Sanders brought to the table. He would run for -2, 3, 1, -1, then break off a 95 yarder. At the end of the day, his stat line was usually pretty awesome. Give Tatum the rock full time and see what he does. He will get his share of the low ball numbers, but he will get his share of game breakers too.

Just a rookie to the Huddle, I hang my hat at another fantasy football message board and have my thousands of posts over there. Been in the game for many years.

I just found the huddle a few weeks ago while looking for boards to recruit owners for my new dynasty league, I like the board, seems like a good online community, so I read up occasionally, and when I see something that catchs my eye, I post it.

This caught my eye. That is exactly what Barry Sanders brought to the table. He would run for -2, 3, 1, -1, then break off a 95 yarder. At the end of the day, his stat line was usually pretty awesome. Give Tatum the rock full time and see what he does. He will get his share of the low ball numbers, but he will get his share of game breakers too.

when his carries reach double digits...he wears down significantly....Barry can break a long one on his 1st or 20th carry...

you can't even begin to compare the 2...

when his carries reach double digits...he wears down significantly....Barry can break a long one on his 1st or 20th carry...

you can't even begin to compare the 2...

This is speculation, never been proven, never really been tested. He barely gets double digit carries.

I don't think anyone disagrees that T. Bell has home run ability, but this comparison to one of the greatest running backs of all time is straight out of left field. Let's work on him being the next Chris Perry, then the next Willie Parker....after he shows he isn't as fragile as a glass vase we can worry about him becoming the next Barry Sanders

I don't think anyone disagrees that T. Bell has home run ability, but this comparison to one of the greatest running backs of all time is straight out of left field. Let's work on him being the next Chris Perry, then the next Willie Parker....after he shows he isn't as fragile as a glass vase we can worry about him becoming the next Barry Sanders

yeah I don't recall Barry being told to put on some weight ....

this coming from a coach who had Quentin Griffin as his back 2 years ago......

This is speculation, never been proven, never really been tested. He barely gets double digit carries.

not sure if you're being serious as these stats have been posted over here at the huddle quite a bit. i will give you that the sample from his first 10 carries is much greater than that of his next ten.

Don't ever let the facts get in the way of your point of contention. You'll score huge points here flying by the seat of your pants & making reckless assertions.

Tatum Bell:

Career:

Carries 1-10 188 carries for 1088 yds 5.79 ypc

Carries 11-20 60 carries for 229 yds 3.82 ypc

2005:

Carries 1-10 128 carries for 789 yds 6.16 ypc

Carries 11-20 45 carries for 132 yds 2.93 ypc

2004 splits

2005 splits

50% of his career carries are for 2 yds or less.

Now, being a FF "eckspurt" with thousands of posts on a FF message board, what is your opinion of a RB in Shanahan's DEN offense that produces the kind of output at RB that T Bell does, much less having issues with dirtying his hands doing demeaning things like blocking blitzing LBs? Maybe once you answer this, then we can do some sophomore level discussion and talk about T Bell's injury history so far in his career.

Waiting with breathless anticipation for your insight.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I just found the huddle a few weeks ago

Just found the Huddle after many years in the game? :D OK then...welcome aboard.

We've had the Bell v. Bell discussion here many times over. I was on your side of the fence for a while, perhaps blinded by my loyalty to this guy and wanting him to be the man. But the bottom line is that he is not and he will not be.

The Huddlers in here know their stuff, especially the homers like BB. I've learned that the hard way. Do yourself a favor and take their word as gospel; then use it to your advantage. Let some other clown ring the wrong Bell...while you laugh all the way to the bank with Mike. :D

Edited by The Wolf

The Huddlers in here know their stuff, especially the homers like BB. I've learned that the hard way. Do yourself a favor and take their word as gospel with a huge grain of salt and realize that they can be as big or bigger idiots than the rest of us here.

Fixed.

That is exactly what Barry Sanders brought to the table. He would run for -2, 3, 1, -1, then break off a 95 yarder. At the end of the day, his stat line was usually pretty awesome. Give Tatum the rock full time and see what he does. He will get his share of the low ball numbers, but he will get his share of game breakers too.

Not to pile on here... but from a fanasy perspective, that's awesome... but how many Superbowls did Barry Sanders win for his team?

4 punts and a TD isn't nearly as cool as the guy who can constantly give his team 2nd and manageable. It allows the offense to try some different stuff and keep the defense on their toes.

For Denver's success, I'd rather have boring Bettis than occasionally electrifying Sanders. I loved watching Barry Sanders run... I'd tune in to Detroit games to watch his action... but they lost a lot of games.

Not to pile on here... but from a fanasy perspective, that's awesome... but how many Superbowls did Barry Sanders win for his team?

4 punts and a TD isn't nearly as cool as the guy who can constantly give his team 2nd and manageable. It allows the offense to try some different stuff and keep the defense on their toes.

For Denver's success, I'd rather have boring Bettis than occasionally electrifying Sanders. I loved watching Barry Sanders run... I'd tune in to Detroit games to watch his action... but they lost a lot of games.

also...how many fantasy championships has Barry won for anyone?...he wasn't exactly a TD machine...

LOL @ the dog-pile on Barry.

The guy put up some marvelous highlight reel runs, but I absolutely hate RBs who so willingly give up yardage in an effort to gain yardage. Major pet peeve. Same for kick returners. For every highlight reel run, there's 3 runs that no one sees where they take a 5 yd loss instead of lowering their shoulders & turning nothing into 2-3 yds, and by taking the loss they put the offense into a really vulnerable situation.

Edited by Bronco Billy

also...how many fantasy championships has Barry won for anyone?...he wasn't exactly a TD machine...

I would think that fantasy teams did very well with Sanders. He only had three seasons where he didn't have double digit TD's.

He was almost always among the league leaders in TD's: Rushing TDs: 1989-2t, 1990-3, 1991-1, 1992-5t, 1994-8t, 1995-4t, 1996-6t, 1997-3t

QUOTE "tatum Bell is notorious for his large gains and then doing nothing after that....he's pretty inconsistent..."

Funny, the double standard we have and how shallow we are, this is exactly how Barry Sanders was and you dog him the first time and everyone thinks you are a chump :D

Using Tatum Bell and Barry Sanders in the same sentance is a captial offense.

That is exactly what Barry Sanders brought to the table. He would run for -2, 3, 1, -1, then break off a 95 yarder. At the end of the day, his stat line was usually pretty awesome. Give Tatum the rock full time and see what he does. He will get his share of the low ball numbers, but he will get his share of game breakers too.

And it is also why the Lions lost so many painful defeats in his era. Yep Barry would get his 95 yard TD and be great, but they'd be punting the rest of the game because of his -2, 3, 1, -1 carries ... 110 yards and a TD is not so special in a 39-7 loss where you couldn't get first downs. A less spectacular back, with a higher median carry (not average carry) might well have meant far more first downs, far fewer punts, and far more scoring opportunities, but fewer moments on the highlight reel in defeat.

I really do want to read this, but I keep falling off my chair...

Help! I've fallen and I can't reach my mouse!!! :D:D