[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Driver being Overlooked?

giantsfan

He is GB's # 1. Favre has always liked his # 1 and throws to him a ton. Driver always seems to catch his 85 with 1200. They should be behind a lot. Is it possible he could have a 90 +, 1400 +, 10 TD + season, and be a top 8 or so WR. Putting him behind Wayne but maybe ahead of the Williams', Chambers', and DJax's of the world. Usually those 4 are somewhat bunched together after Wayne with Mason somewhere in there as well. Just wonder if he is sitting on a huge season considering.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the huddle he seems to be okay. He's ahead of DJax, Chambers, and Williams. And in the 12 team mock he went above those guys. But other places I have seen him almost always behind those guys. I have seen him at 17, 18, and 22 some places. That seems too low to me. I know people can say he'll get doubled all the time and that will make it tough, but when you throw 35 + times a games and get targeted 10 + times a game that should be enough for a BIG season.

FYI I am not saying he should or shouldn't be above those guys. I am saying that most other places other than the huddle seem to have him clearly behind them, and Ward, and even Plax sometimes.

Edited by giantsfan

And look at their schedule. Det twice, NO, Jets, Rams, Cards, and Niners. That's 7 nice games right there. Add in Minny isn't dominant twice, nor is Philly or Buff, and you have a nice schedule for Favre/Driver as well. I am starting to like this guy a lot. He could have a big year I think. And in that second rung with Williams, Chambers, and DJax maybe be the best.

And look at their schedule. Det twice, NO, Jets, Rams, Cards, and Niners. That's 7 nice games right there. Add in Minny isn't dominant twice, nor is Philly or Buff, and you have a nice schedule for Favre/Driver as well. I am starting to like this guy a lot. He could have a big year I think. And in that second rung with Williams, Chambers, and DJax maybe be the best.

Great point -- one of the reasons the Donutrun Empire has acquired his services in both redraft leagues. :D

Great point -- one of the reasons the Donutrun Empire has acquired his services in both redraft leagues. :D

I think that will pay off for you. Favre loves this guy. Williams is always hurt, DJax is already hurt, and Chambers looks solid, but who knows with CPep, they like to run first, and the new O coord isn't as daring as the last one.

Driver is the best receiver that no one talks about. Every year that he's been healthy, he's accounted for 25 percent of Favre's passing td's... I see him putting up slightly better numbers than last year.

I could see the catches staying in the mid 80's, I can see the yards staying in the 1200's, but the TD's have to go up. He only had 5 last season, and only scored in 4 games. I'll say around 90 catches, around 1300 yards, and 9 or 10 TD's.

I guess no one is listening....

Then again, the man is top 15, so no, i don't believe he is overlooked. He is seriously high on my radar and I think he makes a nice #2.

You are right overlooked is a little strong. Most do have him in that 15 range. But other than the huddle he's always on the bottom of Chambers, DJax, Williams, Plax, and Ward after Wayne. My overall point is I think he can be ahead of those guys.

You are right overlooked is a little strong. Most do have him in that 15 range. But other than the huddle he's always on the bottom of Chambers, DJax, Williams, Plax, and Ward after Wayne. My overall point is I think he can be ahead of those guys.

With the possible exception of Wayne (if Manning puts it up this year like everyone is predicting), I agree with you.

We have a one player keeper in our leagie. I kept LJ and traded auction $$ for W. Parker. Driver was the first player I targeted as a "must have" when doing my preparation. I think he is in line for a great year.

With the possible exception of Wayne (if Manning puts it up this year like everyone is predicting), I agree with you.

We have a one player keeper in our leagie. I kept LJ and traded auction $$ for W. Parker. Driver was the first player I targeted as a "must have" when doing my preparation. I think he is in line for a great year.

Agree totally. And for the record I agree he should be after Wayne. I meant it like after Wayne these other guys are ahead of him....for me I will be sitting in late round 3 looking for my # 1 WR and believe I may take Driver over Williams, Chambers, and DJax if Wayne is gone.

I think he's ranked in the top 15 of every cheatsheet i've seen, don't think that's being overlooked at all.

Yes but he should be top 10. Consider it a gift.

In Sofa 14th

Emerald City 11th. I think that's about right.

Driver is the best receiver that no one talks about. Every year that he's been healthy, he's accounted for 25 percent of Favre's passing td's... I see him putting up slightly better numbers than last year.

If Jennings or anyone else pans out should be even better. Double coverage will be hard with someone on the other side.

In CBFL in January I got him as the 29th WR taken but that was january.

Favre was undecided hen. 9th round. Wish I could do that now.

Edited by Randall