[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barlow traded to Jets

budlitebrad

To me, this makes the Jets RB situation even more unclear. All three backs (Blaylock, Houston and Barlow) all appear to be pretty much on the same level. Unless Barlow can show something I'm staying FAR FAR away from this committee. I'm glad I draft in Sept. No need to guess about depth charts, starters, etc.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think picking up Barlow now is smart?

Definitely. It's a RB that has a chance to start. Especially if you need help at the position.

Would you guys drop Wr Mark Clayton for Barlow??

I picked up Barlow and dropped Curtis Martin

Some of the guys in my league are freaking out thinking that they must get this guy...

What has Barlow ever done thus far to show us that he is a starting back that can put up numbers?

He had a flash when he was coming into spell Garrison Hearst, but nothing since then.

And rushing for 1000+ yards in a season (with a 5.1 average) is hardly "spelling" anybody, by the way.

the jets ran the 2nd fewest offensive plays in the league last yr so that alone would make me temper my expectations of what barlow or any RB will do for the jets...couple that with the fact that they are moving to a 3/4 defense which by all accounts it looks like they dont really have the personell to run and you are looking at a defense that will most likely be on the field a ton and in turn i doubt if you see the jets win many if any at all Time Of Possessions

the jets ran the 2nd fewest offensive plays in the league last yr so that alone would make me temper my expectations of what barlow or any RB will do for the jets...couple that with the fact that they are moving to a 3/4 defense which by all accounts it looks like they dont really have the personell to run and you are looking at a defense that will most likely be on the field a ton and in turn i doubt if you see the jets win many if any at all Time Of Possessions

As I just said, a committee would spell fantasy death for all players involved (and the upside would be limited to begin with).

Edited by Crazysight

I think many of you are underrating Barlow ...

They went out and traded for Barlow precisely because they did not like what they saw from Ced Houston. If you like what Houston does, no way you trade for Barlow given they are similar types of backs ...

At worst Barlow shares carries with Blaylock only IMHO ...

I dont bump up his value a lot, but some ...

As I just said, a committee would spell fantasy death for all players involved (and the upside would be limited to begin with).

i wasnt even refering to a RBBC...

NYJ offensive plays ran last 3 yrs

03-936

04-996

05-907

Rushing Attempts the last 3 yrs

03-409

04-527

05-384

Rushing Yards the last 3 yrs

03-1635

04-2388

05-1328

Note that in 2004 the Jets made the playoffs and this team is a shadow of that 04 team

if you look at 03 and 05 you will see that the jets are probably gonna run around 900-950 offensive plays this yr and because they are so bad you will see that their % of rushing plays will mirror 03 & 05 too

so approx 387-409 rushing attempts

given that the oline isnt very good you can figure they will avg btwn 3.5-4.0ypc

with that in mind the NYJets as a team should rush for around 1355-1636 yards

Barlow would have to net 77% of all the carries to put up around 1000 yards...

that would also mean that he is going to carry the rock for what would be the most times in his

career

I dont know how it shakes out but the jets offensive makes me think that if its a pile of candied yams its a pile of candied yams

Just curious who ran the fewest last year, San Fran?

posted offensive plays by team last week

TEAM	PLAYS	AvgYds/Play	AFC	BUF	930		  4.4				  MIA	1026		 5.1				 NEP	1031		 5.5				 NYJ	907		  4.4				  BAL	1056		 4.4				 CIN	1018		 5.6				 CLE	938		  4.9				PIT	960		  5.4				  HOU	954		  4.2				IND	1000		 5.8				JAX	1021		 5.0				TEN	1022		 5.0				DEN	1030		 5.6				KCC	1059		 5.8			   OAK	997		  5.0				SDC	1022		 5.4			   NFCDAL	1071		  4.9NYG	1055		  5.5PHI	1027		  5.0WAS	1037		  5.1CHI	937		   4.4DET	955		   4.5GBP	1051		  4.9MIN	945		   4.9ATL	1021		  5.1CAR	964		   5.1NOS	1017		  4.9TBB	985		   4.8ARZ	1075		  5.2STL	1025		  5.4SFF	865		   4.1SEA	1020		  5.8

I think many of you are underrating Barlow ...

They went out and traded for Barlow precisely because they did not like what they saw from Ced Houston. If you like what Houston does, no way you trade for Barlow given they are similar types of backs ...

At worst Barlow shares carries with Blaylock only IMHO ...

I dont bump up his value a lot, but some ...

well said

if anyone is going to get overlookedi ts gonna be maurice hicks and michael robinson but with gores injury history one of those 2 RBs could very well end up starting at some point this season

Edited by keggerz

As a Frank Gore owner, I am very pleased...

As a Cedric Houston owner...actually I think about 30 secs away from being an Ex-Ced Houston owner...

+1 - very cool. I have Gore in several leagues just hoping he'd pan out sometime this season. I guess that'll be sooner rather than later. :D

You gotta love the Jets.

They need a RB, so they go to the ONE team in the league that is worse than they are and take a left-over RB who couldn't earn a starting spot out there.

Oh yeah, that'll work.

Wasnt laughing because he's on your team, sir... Laughing because you were wondering if he would play for a team THAT HE IS NO LONGER ON.

You amuse me.

mmm....he is still on the team - that is, until he passes the Jets physical (which Suggs did not). That's why I was referencing the clause.

Edited by Crazysight

Frank Gore was a better chance of being a player of any importance, so Barlow to me has gone from nowhere to nowhere. Gore's more talented and the Niners appear to be moving in the right direction with the addition of Davis and Alex Smith entering his second year. Barlow just doesn't impress me. He reminds me of LaMont Jordan with far less ability.