[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barlow traded to Jets

budlitebrad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo, I traded Koren Robinson and Mike Anderson for Frank Gore a while back in my league when it was listed that Gore was the backup.

Look at the trade today:

KoRo facing a 1 year suspension

Anderson is still the backup

Gore is the starter with Barlow gone! woo

Woohoo, I traded Koren Robinson and Mike Anderson for Frank Gore a while back in my league when it was listed that Gore was the backup.

Look at the trade today:

KoRo facing a 1 year suspension

Anderson is still the backup

Gore is the starter with Barlow gone! woo

Anderson isn't even a backup...he's a FB...

the jets ran the 2nd fewest offensive plays in the league last yr so that alone would make me temper my expectations of what barlow or any RB will do for the jets...couple that with the fact that they are moving to a 3/4 defense which by all accounts it looks like they dont really have the personell to run and you are looking at a defense that will most likely be on the field a ton and in turn i doubt if you see the jets win many if any at all Time Of Possessions

KC will have the fewest offensive plays in the league this year - it's a Herm Edwards trademark.

One question on your post. How would switching to a 3-4 defense cause the defense to spend more time on the field? Even if, as you put it, they don't have the personnel to run that defense - if anything, wouldn't that mean that other teams will score MORE QUICKLY on them and that the defense would therefore spend LESS time on the field?

The time the defense spends on the field is a function of the offensive time of possession. That part of your post makes no sense.

KC will have the fewest offensive plays in the league this year - it's a Herm Edwards trademark.

One question on your post. How would switching to a 3-4 defense cause the defense to spend more time on the field? Even if, as you put it, they don't have the personnel to run that defense - if anything, wouldn't that mean that other teams will score MORE QUICKLY on them and that the defense would therefore spend LESS time on the field?

The time the defense spends on the field is a function of the offensive time of possession. That part of your post makes no sense.

Yea, I would think the offense would score faster too. The only way it would take longer to score is kind of like the other night when the chargers and bears played but the defense has to be GOOD. The chargers had to take small steps down the field and ate up tons of the clock because of the bears defense.

The only way that would make the defense be on the field more is if they were about not bad, but not good either. They gave up a little bit of yards on lots of plays but kept allowing first downs.

Maybe he is taking into account that the other team will be scoring fast and that the other team can stop KC, then they come back on and take it to the defense again? IDK, I'm confusing myself.

maybe my logic is flawed but i look at it that if the Jets loose the TOP battle then the other teams offense is going to be on the field more(thus meaning the defense is gonna be on the field more)...the reason why i dont really equate teams scoring MORE QUICKLY would be that the Jets biggest hurdle is their DL and that means teams will find it easier to run on the jets blah blah blah....doesnt really bother me one way or another but you couple an inept offense and what will most likely be a struggling defense then Jets fans are looking at a very long season

Edited by keggerz

Keg.... you have to remember that the Jets O line was the worst in the NFL last year, and it will look very different this year. Last year, week 1:

LT: Fabini (awful)

RG: Kendall: good

C: Mawae: good

RG: Moore average

RT: Jones (out of position)

Several weeks into the season it was:

LT: Jones average

LG: Goodwin awful

C: Kendal awful, playing out of position

RT: Gragg pitiful

What it looks like now:

LT; Ferguson good

LG: Kendall good

Mangold: average

RT: Clement/Jones average

The depth is better as well, one injury won't force a shake up across the entire line as it did under an unprepared Herman Edwards last year. Teague and Blanton provide solid depth. Baker also returns, and he's a decent blocking TE.

Agaianst the Washington 1's, the Jets had a 10 minute to 4 minute TOP advantage Saturday night. The Skins defense is pretty good. This will be a pretty conservative ball control offense, a lot of short passing. Yes, I know it's just preseason, but with entirely new systems on both sides of the ball, it's working sooner than expected.

As far as thinking the defense won't be able to stop opponents... what makes you think so? It certainly looks like Bryan Thomas has finally found the position that could justify his hirst round pick status. He was in the Redskin's QB's faces all night. Made some tackles for losses too. Yes, Vilma keeps getting swallowed up, but I told anyone who would listen he's not a top five LB in this scheme.

The Jets may surprise some people this year. Mangini has demoted McCariens to the 5th WR spot, and I expect him to be cut or traded. Brad Smith may be the missing playmaker on offense.

The Jets had 10 carries for 45 yards in the first half against the 1st team Wash D. That doesn't include the Brad Smith run of 61 yards or Bollinger's 2 for 32. It also doesn't include the short passes to the RB's that was working, either.

This team is not as bad as most people think it is. I also Expect Blanton (a HUGH road grader type) to win the starting RT job at some point during the season.

Having said all of that, no, I wouldn't take any Jet RB in a redraft either, except maybe a very late round flyer. I think it will remain RBBC for some time. I'm not saying playoffs, but 8-8 doesn't look like an impssibilty at this point. The main issue for this team remains the NT spot. The rest of the defense is looking pretty good, actually. Justin Miller may be a question still, but Barrett is there if he falters.

Keg.... you have to remember that the Jets O line was the worst in the NFL last year, and it will look very different this year. Last year, week 1:

LT: Fabini (awful)

RG: Kendall: good

C: Mawae: good

RT: Jones (out of position)

Several weeks into the season it was:

LT: Jones average

LG: Goodwin awful

C: Kendal awful, playing out of position

RT: Gragg pitiful

What it looks like now:

LT; Ferguson good

LG: Kendall good

Mangold: average

RT: Clement/Jones average

The depth is better as well, one injury won't force a shake up across the entire line as it did under an unprepared Herman Edwards last year. Teague and Blanton provide solid depth. Baker also returns, and he's a decent blocking TE.

Agaianst the Washington 1's, the Jets had a 10 minute to 4 minute TOP advantage Saturday night. The Skins defense is pretty good. This will be a pretty conservative ball control offense, a lot of short passing. Yes, I know it's just preseason, but with entirely new systems on both sides of the ball, it's working sooner than expected.

As far as thinking the defense won't be able to stop opponents... what makes you think so? It certainly looks like Bryan Thomas has finally found the position that could justify his hirst round pick status. He was in the Redskin's QB's faces all night. Made some tackles for losses too. Yes, Vilma keeps getting swallowed up, but I told anyone who would listen he's not a top five LB in this scheme.

The Jets may surprise some people this year. Mangini has demoted McCariens to the 5th WR spot, and I expect him to be cut or traded. Brad Smith may be the missing playmaker on offense.

The Jets had 10 carries for 45 yards in the first half against the 1st team Wash D. That doesn't include the Brad Smith run of 61 yards or Bollinger's 2 for 32. It also doesn't include the short passes to the RB's that was working, either.

This team is not as bad as most people think it is. I also Expect Blanton (a HUGH road grader type) to win the starting RT job at some point during the season.

Having said all of that, no, I wouldn't take any Jet RB in a redraft either, except maybe a very late round flyer. I think it will remain RBBC for some time. I'm not saying playoffs, but 8-8 doesn't look like an impssibilty at this point. The main issue for this team remains the NT spot. The rest of the defense is looking pretty good, actually. Justin Miller may be a question still, but Barrett is there if he falters.

i just see teams exploiting that MAJOR weakness(in this scheme)...and hey I hope that I am wrong because I hate NE so i would love nothing more then to have another team in that division that could make some noise

i just see teams exploiting that MAJOR weakness(in this scheme)...and hey I hope that I am wrong because I hate NE so i would love nothing more then to have another team in that division that could make some noise

It would be great if they beat NE both times. :D:D:D