[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brooks does it again!

Flip_Side

Was looking good, was 6/8 with a TD, just through an INT on the 11 yard line. And this is against SF, there's no way Shell could still start this guy, right? I hope not.

Edited by Flip_Side

Was looking good, was 6/8 with a TD, just through an INT on the 11 yard line. And this is against SF, there's no way Shell could still start this guy, right? I hope not.

Did he have a big :D on his face when he left the field.

He was announcing the Packers game yesterday.

I wanted to drive to Lambeau and slap him silly - he seemed to fall into the "I know more than you do" trap - which is fine until the announcer says something that blatantly contradicts what the tv is showing and blows his cred all to hell.

Here's what I don't get. We all know Brooks was always a head case and a mistake waiting to happen, but he was still a pretty decent starting QB. Didn't he even make the pro-bowl once or twice? What happened last year and now seemingly this year to make him go from pretty decent but mistake prone to terrible?

FYI no way do I see Jordan catching a ton of passes this season. He will need to do his damage running this season to be a top fantasy RB.

Here's what I don't get. We all know Brooks was always a head case and a mistake waiting to happen, but he was still a pretty decent starting QB. Didn't he even make the pro-bowl once or twice? What happened last year and now seemingly this year to make him go from pretty decent but mistake prone to terrible?

FYI no way do I see Jordan catching a ton of passes this season. He will need to do his damage running this season to be a top fantasy RB.

I never thought Brooks was any good..I did think he was better than Jeff Blake though in N.O.

I never thought Brooks was any good..I did think he was better than Jeff Blake though in N.O.

I never really liked him either, but he did have some solid seasons. In 4 seasons he threw 26, 27, 24, and 21 TD's. And he threw for over 3500 yards in each as well. Then last year he goes 13 TD's and 17 ints. And now he looks like he may stink again. Like him or not he got MUCH worse last season.

Edited by giantsfan

Walter won't do any better....probably worse...Walter has shown nothing in preseason....they need to go get them a QB...at least try to get Schaub from Atlanta...face it Falcons will never start Schaub as long as Vick is healthy....don't know how many more years is on Schaub's contract..

OAKLAND, Calif. -- San Francisco quarterback Trent Dilfer got two personal fouls in Sunday's game for taunting.

The second came after his touchdown pass when he ran to the Raiders' sideline to yell at Warren Sapp, his former Tampa Bay teammate.

"The apocalypse is definitely on us when Trent Dilfer gets two personal fouls," Sapp said.

-- The Associated Press

Walter won't do any better....probably worse...Walter has shown nothing in preseason....they need to go get them a QB...at least try to get Schaub from Atlanta...face it Falcons will never start Schaub as long as Vick is healthy....don't know how many more years is on Schaub's contract..

Rich McKay has said they will tender Schaub at the first round level next year.

It is going to take a 1st round pick to pry Schaub loose.

Walter won't do any better....probably worse...Walter has shown nothing in preseason....

Raiders | Walter has a good game

Published Mon Aug 21 12:11:00 a.m. ET 2006

(KFFL) The Associated Press reports Oakland Raiders QB Andrew Walter went 8-for-9 for 99 yards, leading scoring drives on both of his possessions in the team's preseason game Sunday evening, Aug. 20. The Raiders defeated the San Francisco 49ers 23-7.

I never really liked him either, but he did have some solid seasons. In 4 seasons he threw 26, 27, 24, and 21 TD's. And he threw for over 3500 yards in each as well. Then last year he goes 13 TD's and 17 ints. And now he looks like he may stink again. Like him or not he got MUCH worse last season.

IMO Brooks was the luckiest man alive to be thrown into such a excellent offense in N.O.

That being said, he has been a good fantasy QB and the worse Oakland is the better a fantasy QB he should be this year..if he holds onto the job that is.

Inside Dish: Raiders unimpressed with Brooks, Walter

By Dan Pompei - SportingNews

Raiders receivers privately are grumbling about the team's quarterback situation. Free-agent pickup Aaron Brooks and second-year pro Andrew Walter have not impressed the men they are throwing to. The receivers have taken issue with Brooks' accuracy and believe he is not an upgrade over Kerry Collins, who manned the position last season. . . .

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=insi...v=tsn&type=lgns

Has other football news junk too.

Inside Dish: Raiders unimpressed with Brooks, Walter

By Dan Pompei - SportingNews

Raiders receivers privately are grumbling about the team's quarterback situation. Free-agent pickup Aaron Brooks and second-year pro Andrew Walter have not impressed the men they are throwing to. The receivers have taken issue with Brooks' accuracy and believe he is not an upgrade over Kerry Collins, who manned the position last season. . . .

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=insi...v=tsn&type=lgns

Has other football news junk too.

I think in the end the Raiders will have to realize their pass blocking is horrible.

The receivers have taken issue with Brooks' accuracy and believe he is not an upgrade over Kerry Collins, who manned the position last season. . . .

I'm not sure why the Raiders went with Brooks over Collins either. Oakland had a lot bigger problems than Kerry Collins last year. If Moss and Porter are the one's making these comments, they should be :D They both take every other play off and :D when they don't get the ball. If I were Shell, I'd sit those two whiners and start Curry and Gabriel - they at least play hungry. :D

I don't think Porter is one of the WR's complaining aboout Brooks accuracy, Jimmy.

Ever since his ill advised blow up with Shell, he's been picking the splinters outta his butt.

Of course publicly, he's not playing due to injury

....Yeah riiiggghhhtttt!!! :D

I'm not sure why the Raiders went with Brooks over Collins either. Oakland had a lot bigger problems than Kerry Collins last year. If Moss and Porter are the one's making these comments, they should be :D They both take every other play off and :D when they don't get the ball. If I were Shell, I'd sit those two whiners and start Curry and Gabriel - they at least play hungry. :D

I would rather have Collins.

With that line though they did need someone more mobile.