[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Romo

irish

I kow this has been posted before and that many of us probably dismissed the idea... I can't believe that Parcells is even thinking about benching Bledsoe to play Romo!! I'm not saying that Romo's bad but I do think that the road might be a bit rougher making the transition from one to the other. I don't think the Boys would have as much success this year with Romo behind center.

Thoughts...

Edited by irish

I kow this has been posted before and that many of us probably dismissed the idea... I can't believe that Parcells is even thinking about benching Bledsoe to play Romo!! I'm not saying that Romo's bad but I do think that the road might be a bit rougher making the transition from one to the other. I don't think the Boys would have as much success this year with Romo behind center.

Thoughts...

I'm not buying it.

I would not worry about Romo being the week one starter, but all the attention that Parcells has given Romo causes me a little concern that he may be more likely to insert Romo into the lineup at the end of games.

This is exactly why Peter King should be fired.

"Dallas is seriously considering replacing Bledsoe with Romo....that is my opinion. No one has said that".

He just does a broadcast where he ranted and raved that the Cowboys would bench Bledsoe in favor of Romo here shortly and then quietly ends it with that he doesn't have anything to backup those claims; that's just his opininon...

Edited by myhousekey

I would not worry about Romo being the week one starter, but all the attention that Parcells has given Romo causes me a little concern that he may be more likely to insert Romo into the lineup at the end of games.

It's possible but to be honest I don't see Dallas blowing out many teams this year.I think it's just getting Romo as much playing time as possible in case he's needed.

This is exactly why Peter King should be fired.

He just does a broadcast where he ranted and raved that the Cowboys would bench Bledsoe in favor of Romo here shortly and then quietly ends it with that he doesn't have anything to backup those claims; that's just his opininon...

that guy is an ass.He must have pretty good pictures of his boss with another guy to keep his job this long.

I would hope that King would have gotten this from a confidential inside source. Like Parcells. If it is just speculation on his part, it is poor reporting.

It's not totally speculative. That's the general consensus form those watching Cowboys camp. There is a buzz surrounding Romo and the way he looks comfortable and makes plays while moving around the pocket (something Bledsoe can't do).

Don't blame it all on King. He's not the first one to notice it (and report it) this off season, and he won't be the last....

i was listening to ESPN radio driving home from work on friday and they played a parcells clip where he said something like, "no matter who we have playing at quarterback," which the guys were speculating if that meant bledsoe's job might be in jeopardy. i didn't think much of it and didn't post anything because i couldn't find anything on-line to back it up. seeing this thread and having the comments also come from somewhere else probably makes this worth watching closely ...

i also just drafted bledsoe in one of my leagues. :D

Reporter's should be reporting fact, to a certain extent. To report this as news, as a half-time report, King should have talked to someone with inside information. Otherwise, he is just reporting a hunch as news.

Peter King is not just a "reporter," he's an opinion writer, prognosticator, etc. I don't understand why some of you are flaming him. He's just doing his job, and he CLEARLY said that this was his own opinion and that no one from the Cowboys has confirmed the rumor. Sounds like responsible journalism to me.

In my humble opinion Bledsoe may be on a short leash. Even though he is a Parcells guy, don't be suprised to see Romo get a chance if Bledsoe falters early in the season.

Parcells simply wants to see what he has in his backup - its as simple as that. Henson is looking more and more like a bust, which leaves Romo as the primary backup, and he's seen all of a few minutes on an NFL playing field in his career. If Bledsoe goes down, Bill would like to know what he has at QB.

Parcells simply wants to see what he has in his backup - its as simple as that. Henson is looking more and more like a bust, which leaves Romo as the primary backup, and he's seen all of a few minutes on an NFL playing field in his career. If Bledsoe goes down, Bill would like to know what he has at QB.

My thoughts exactly. Henson is a bust, there no way around that. Romo while a failry promising young kid has never played in a regular season game. Bill is just trying to make sure Romo is up for the #2 job in Dallas, or if he needs to go out and try to find a veteran back-up.

Is it possible that with so much attention being given to TO (and to Parcells) that he is just throwing off the dogs?

Maybe there's no truth to it and he's just trying to ease the media pressure off the TO crap. Parcells may be arrogant, but he is as smart as hell and it is possible he pulled Bledsoe aside and said "You're my guy; don't listen to everything that's about to break. There's a reason for it."

Just my thinking outside the box.

Is it possible that with so much attention being given to TO (and to Parcells) that he is just throwing off the dogs?

Maybe there's no truth to it and he's just trying to ease the media pressure off the TO crap. Parcells may be arrogant, but he is as smart as hell and it is possible he pulled Bledsoe aside and said "You're my guy; don't listen to everything that's about to break. There's a reason for it."

Just my thinking outside the box.

I don't know. I heard the guys on Sirus NFL taking the opposite track. They were just saying it was possible that the reason Bill has been so soft TO, not demanding he be there, was because it was taking the attention away from a brewing QB controversy. Personally I don't think Bill has any intention of starting Romo this year, unless Bledsoe goes down, and wrote this off as talking heads needing to fill the gap between segments.

Yup. Parcells wouldn't even consider benching Bledsoe unless his performance drops considerably over last year in regular season games.

Romo is getting a thorough test to see if the 'Boys need to trade for a veteran QB as a backup in case Bledsoe goes down. As has been said, Henson is a dog and is not trusted.

Contrary to last year this would mean the Boys are up by a significant amount of points late in games? Sounds like you’re a believer this year DMD. Paint your wagon Blue and Silver and fall in line, this train's going to Miami!

Bring on the Blowouts! :D

I'm not sold on Romo but I like his style. We'll see if he has what it takes when the preseason is over and the pace cars roles off. I want to see if he has the next level when the throttle gets pushed to the floor in the regular season. The only way we'll know if he can toss the pigskin and keep his head, is if Bledsoe goes down and he is the man. Otherwise, it's like testing if your boat will float while dry docked!

Peter King is not just a "reporter," he's an opinion writer, prognosticator, etc. I don't understand why some of you are flaming him. He's just doing his job, and he CLEARLY said that this was his own opinion and that no one from the Cowboys has confirmed the rumor. Sounds like responsible journalism to me.

In my humble opinion Bledsoe may be on a short leash. Even though he is a Parcells guy, don't be suprised to see Romo get a chance if Bledsoe falters early in the season.

Why would Bledsoe be on a short leash?The guy was 8th in completions,8th in passing yards and 9 in passing tds. in the LEAGUE last year.Get real.On second thought,draft Romo.That should pan out real well for you.

Peter King's an idiot. Do yourself a favor ignore his fat, ugly ass.

Bledsoe looked good on the first two drives. Sounds like King is once again clueless.

I find it laugable that Parcells (who doesn't trust young players to begin with) would let a guy who hasn't thrown a pass in a regular-season game start the opener. At the very least, he's going to wait until Drew shows that he can't get it done anymore during the regular season.

Why would Bledsoe be on a short leash?The guy was 8th in completions,8th in passing yards and 9 in passing tds. in the LEAGUE last year.Get real.On second thought,draft Romo.That should pan out real well for you.

I said "may be" on a short leash. He's a statue and is prone to sacks and interceptions. Expectations are high in Dallas, and IF Bledsoe struggles we may see some Romo. Especially if the O-line isn't as improved as advertised.