[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Idea for a new League

MikesVikes

I've played in some on-line contests in the past that aren't being offered this year. So that brings me to the idea of running one myself. :D

As you probably know, MFL has the capabilities of running a league similar to the Huddle MVP Challenge. I played around with a league setup yesterday and came up with something a little different.

There could be any number in the league, but I would prefer less than two dozen with a $20 entry.

Scoring would be identical to MVP Challenge.

Tournament play - start one player only once during the year.

Instead of total points, you play every other person in the league every week. All play format.

You get Victory points. This determines league rank.

1 victory point for each win (play each person in the league every week) and 10 victory points for having a score in the top third of the league and 5 points for the middle third.

Here's an example of the payout format assuming 24 players @ $20 each that would be $480 in. League site fee would be $80 resulting in $400 to be paid out. Actual payouts will be determined by the number of contestants and will be as close to this payout structure as possible.

$120 paid out during 12 weeks of regular season for high score each week.

$100 paid out for regular season finish (1st $50, 2nd $30, 3rd $20)

$180 for playoffs (Champ $100, $50 2nd, $30 3rd)

Playoffs would be weeks 13-16. If 12 teams in playoffs, the three lowest scoring teams would be eliminated each week. Final week would be last three teams to determine playoff finish.

If 16 teams in playoffs, the four lowest scoring teams would be eliminated each week. Four teams remaining in week 16 would determine the championship with same payout.

So far we have the following interested...

1. MikesVikes

2. peepinmofo

3. nuk'em ttg

Edited by MikesVikes

Yea, this would be great for people that can't win in the MVP Challenge.

I was looking at payouts.

Assuming 24 players @ $20 each, that would be $480 in. League site fee would be $80.

Playoffs would be weeks 13-16. If 12 teams in playoffs, the three lowest scoring teams would be eliminated each week. Final week would be last three teams to determine playoff finish.

If 16 teams in playoffs, the four lowest scoring teams would be eliminated each week. Four teams remaining in week 16 would determine the championship with same payout.

Yea, this would be great for people that can't win in the MVP Challenge.

I was looking at payouts.

Assuming 24 players @ $20 each, that would be $480 in. League site fee would be $80.

:D if this flys i'm in