[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arizona Homers Please

MrTed46

I just finished one of my auction drafts last nite (lasted 6hrs).

I noticed that kurt warner was taken but Matt Lianart wasn't.

Any ARIZONA homers (or anyone) know anything? Does Lienart have a good chance of taking the job or is it Warners job to lose?

Do you think Warner will finish the season as a starter (if he is named starter)?

We do not have alot of room for depth in this league but I may drop Carr and take a flier on Lienart.

I just finished one of my auction drafts last nite (lasted 6hrs).

I noticed that kurt warner was taken but Matt Lianart wasn't.

Any ARIZONA homers (or anyone) know anything? Does Lienart have a good chance of taking the job or is it Warners job to lose?

Do you think Warner will finish the season as a starter (if he is named starter)?

We do not have alot of room for depth in this league but I may drop Carr and take a flier on Lienart.

Your guess is as good as anyone's. Lienart is the #2. If Warner gets hurt, or plays horribly....then Lienart will get some time, but he won't be all that. In a keeper league yeah..take a flier on him...not in a redraft league

Edited by samurai30

warner will be the starter unless he gets hurt. unfortunately, that is a very possible scenario so i can't really predict whether or not he'll finish the season as the starter.

but leinart is not pushing for the starting job especially after the holdout. leinart has to prove himself to be the #2 right now because of all the time he missed. denny was not a happy camper.

he didn't make any friends with fans or the cards organization with that whole deal.

as far as your question, i would personally stick with carr since he's a guaranteed starter with that respective team.

Actually John Navarre is #2 and barring injury Warner is the man......like everything you've heard before, the speed of the NFL takes time for rookies to adjust to and QB is the most intense.......keeper league for Leinart..........

Edited by nuke'em ttg

I wouldn't want to own him, Edge, Boldin or Fitz if/when Warner does down. Besides the usual rookie struggles, I see him having a cocky attitude to overcome, not to mention going from above average protection in college to a below average o-line in Arizona, and the fastest pass rushers he's seen yet. He did not look good at USC in the rare instances where he had to get rid of the ball quickly. Lots of balls thrown at receivers' feet. I think he's in a for a rude awakening and will struggle mightily should he have to start this year. Obviously I'm much more pessimistic on him than most.

Leinart looked okay this week...surprisingly mobile. Leinart will get the chance to start by week 10 at the latest. John Navarre will not be a factor. We're talking #1 pick here, kid you're grooming to be your starter as soon as possible. Warner WILL get hurt. If Leinart plays well, he stays on the field, if not, Warner will come back as soon as he can carry himself onto the field. Or maybe then Navarre comes into play. Leinart will definitely get a shot though.

I don't like Carr. Especially without Domanick. They just play ugly football.