[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Westbrook owners, take note!

i_am_the_swammi

Assuming Davis is healthy enough to dive in from the 1-yard line, this could spell trouble for Westbrook owners:

The News

The Eagles are entertaining free agent running back Stephen Davis on Monday. He will take a physical, the team's official web site reported. Davis scored 12 touchdowns in 13 games for the Panthers last season before a right knee injury cut his year short.

Our View

Fantasy owners don't need to react until the Eagles actually sign Davis, a move that would hurt the value of Brian Westbrook. We would not expect Davis to be a workhorse, every-down back at this point in his career, but he wouldn't sign just to sit on the bench. The 32-year-old would likely be involved near the goal line and have his most value in touchdown-heavy leagues.

I have Westbrook in several leagues and am not worried. I suspected C-Buck would get a number of the goal line opportunities long before the Davis tidbit. The Eagles have never counted on Westbrook to pound the ball in from the goalline when they have a bruiser on the roster.

Westbrook gets most of his TDs from 10 yards out anyway.

I wouldn't be too worried...but this is def not good news.

I agree, I wouldn't get worked up about this. I don't believe it will hurt Westbrook's value too much. Especially in PPR leagues.

Edited by thecerwin

I would not be worried. Davis is done.

The same was said last year when he ended up being the #1 in Car. That doesnrt mean Im taking him, but he is as valuable as he was last year during this time. Worthy of a late flyer that might get you lots of points for the position you draft him.

i actually had heard about this rumor early last week...

in 32 homers I drafted Maurice Hicks with my last pick and our round 9 is the equivalent of a 32nd round pick in a 12 team league...as the philly homer Westbrook is my keeper and I passed on DAVIS ...he will be RB Depth and get the occasional GL carry nothing more and as a Westy owner you shouldnt panic about Davis if anything you should panic that he was in a boot...but fwiw I dont see that being a prob either

I agree, I wouldn't get worked up about this. I don't believe it will hurt Westbrook's value too much. Especially in PPR leagues.

Might not hurt his value as compared to last year, but many were hoping that Westbrook, without a vulture, would be even more of an elite RB if he could indeed get those goal-line carries. If he were able to get those extra 4-6 TDs per year, he'd be Top 5.

Looks like Reid is making sure that the potential upside is not a reality.

I have Westbrook in several leagues and am not worried. I suspected C-Buck would get a number of the goal line opportunities long before the Davis tidbit. The Eagles have never counted on Westbrook to pound the ball in from the goalline when they have a bruiser on the roster.

I traded him this summer for just this reason. Just like Warrick Dunn, Westbrook gets little respect for what he does on the field including from his own team. The Eagles have always given me the impression that they would love to replace him with a more well-rounded back who, in their mind, they can rely on to be an every down back.

i actually had heard about this rumor early last week...

in 32 homers I drafted Maurice Hicks with my last pick and our round 9 is the equivalent of a 32nd round pick in a 12 team league...as the philly homer Westbrook is my keeper and I passed on DAVIS ...he will be RB Depth and get the occasional GL carry nothing more and as a Westy owner you shouldnt panic about Davis if anything you should panic that he was in a boot...but fwiw I dont see that being a prob either

You guys amaze me playing in leagues that large. :D

Talk about scraping the bottom of the dumpster for players.

if you are in a PPR league, I wouldn't be worried...

he'll still get his TD's and his receptions...

Buckhalter or Moats will probably spell him plenty...(Moats, only if he stops fumbling)

Davis will take the GL plunges....

Westy should get 15-20 rushes and 5-10 catches a game...

That's a little optimistic. He caught 10 balls in a game once last year. I'd be happy with 6-8.

well, I doubt he'll average more than 6 catches a game...

but they clearly want to run him and throw to him while running a few of the others...

Tapeh will be the FB and get some short yardage duty....Davis will see some of that as well..

I don't even know why davis is needed unless Tapeh is hurt...

i think the fact that the eagles are interested in davis says something about mahe, moats and bucky more than it says anything about westbrook. although i thought bucky did ok this last weekend for not having been on a field for 2 yrs. wasn't it 2 yrs ago that they were talking about a rbbc in philly?