[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this finally Kevin Jones year?!?

Packers Reloaded

Aug 20 Tom Kowalski, writing for the Sporting News, reports Detroit Lions RB Kevin Jones could explode in offensive coordinator Mike Martz's offense. Unlike previous years, Jones won't be taken off the field on third down and will be much more productive in the passing game. He'll get 25-plus touches per game and Martz has said the Lions will go as far as Jones can carry them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6789/news

What are your thoughts on this?

Sounds like Mike Martz doesn't get to be the head coach and call passing plays everytime.

Jones has to be more productive than last year, anyone can be better than Joey Harrington...except Aaron Brooks.

Jones is a well rounded back, but unless they actually have a passing attack this year with more than 1 WR it doesn't matter if he gets 25+ carries a game.

:D

That is why I wrote this "The problem is we are gonna have to be in the lead for him to get those touches."

Next time maybe you can read what you quote.

Okay then, what ever the circumstances, he probably won't get 25+ touches. Is that better?

I would rather take, Chester Taylor, Julius Jones, Willie Parker, Frank Gore & Mike Bell before i think about jones. and that’s cause i got burned from the Detroit hype machine before.

In terms of who'd I rather have, I agree with Taylor and Parker, think he's about even with Gore. Like Kevin Jones better than Bell and J Jones at this point.

Aug 20 Tom Kowalski, writing for the Sporting News, reports Detroit Lions RB Kevin Jones could explode in offensive coordinator Mike Martz's offense. Unlike previous years, Jones won't be taken off the field on third down and will be much more productive in the passing game. He'll get 25-plus touches per game and Martz has said the Lions will go as far as Jones can carry them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6789/news

What are your thoughts on this?

I'm going to back KJ this year. He's done everything right since the season ended last year.

1) Dropped weight

2) Continued in the weight room

3) Caught 100 balls a day

4) Kissed up to Martz - called him a genius

5) Look good against Denver's 1st team D (1st preseason game) - 2nd carry was nice

6) Ran poorly against Cleveland, but if you actually watched the game, his O-lin was sorry against the 3-4 defense. Half of the right side of the oline are backups - the starters will get healthy come week 1. On the plus side, he caught the ball very well...a nice 15yd screen pass and the 4yrd td pass.

No one is saying draft KJ in the 1st or 2nd round. He's on my team...as a #3 rb...and thats where he should be. But from reports..he could easily be a #2.

People should not have gore or JJ a head of KJ though. The niners will struggle all year...and JJ will lose touches.

Edited by samurai30

Honestly I think Calhoun is another year off before making a push. His knock right now is he's just not big enough. It'll take him a while to get bulked up enough to contribute anything but as a passing option. Realistically I think Detroit will just have to suffer through another season of Kevin Jones as long as he doesn't get hurt.

Calhoun is comparable in size to Reggie Bush.

Calhoun is comparable in size to Reggie Bush.

Brian Calhoun. Height: 5-9 Weight: 202 40 Speed: 4.66 (slow)

Reggie Bush. Height: 5-11 Weight: 200 40 Speed: 4.35

You are right....but unfortunately.....calhoun wouldn't even be able to hold bush's jock strap...

Edited by samurai30

Brian Calhoun. Height: 5-9 Weight: 202 40 Speed: 4.66 (slow)

Reggie Bush. Height: 5-11 Weight: 200 40 Speed: 4.35

You are right....but unfortunately.....calhoun wouldn't even be able to hold bush's jock strap...

I'm not going to do something stupid like say Calhoun is anywhere near as fast as Bush, but he plays faster than that 40 time. Ask the reportedly speedy Auburn defense about what he did to them in the Capital One Bowl last year.