[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why all the Lamont love?

Liverlips

He's on my keeper league, so that makes me happy. But, I seriously don't understand why he's ranked around the top 10 in most lists. Is it because he has no RB by commitee or what. His qb sucks, Just a quick explanation why I should be confident on a "good" season ahead. Thanks :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no rbbc and he caught 70 passes last year. a bad qb doesn't really hurt him ... it probably means more dump offs which means better individual numbers. i'm not thrilled with the guy or the raiders, but he is a better choice than many other RBs that are either in a rbbc or may not get the #1 job.

No nutfest for LJ here really - I think the tredn is going the other way. But I thik he could be solid, and will grab him in the right spot without hesitating. I thinke da Raider offense will be better than everyone will have you believe so far in the preason. LJordan is gonna get alot of touches, catches, and I think will end up being productive. OAK looks like sh1t so far- but will end up being a decent offense- and I think LJordan will be fine. #12 is about right just ahead of BW, KJ, CT-

I just took him at 1.15 in a 16 teamer and was surprised he was still there. I am not high on him or the Raiders O so far but he seemed like a decent pick 1t 15, especially in a PPR league...

Sure the Raiders look like garbage during pre-season. So do alot of other teams. These teams aren't ready to show their game plan just yet, take Dallas as an example. T.O. will be ready on game day, but why show it now?

Brooks isn't the best QB, but he does have a good arm, his back-up have a rifle for an arm and Moss/porter and gabriel are all viable pass threats along with a good TE. The weapons are there.

They only need a front line to give the QB a few more seconds to think about what to do with the ball.

Jordan should have a good year and he just adds to the potential.

Imagine all those weapons with a good QB?

Lamont will be solid enough as a #2.

Im kind of glad some of these teams look bad right now. Makes it a little easier on draft day when quality players slip a couple of notches for me to grab em.

Oh, and just so we make this clear, I HATE THE RAIDERS. :D

My take is that Jordan has been a Raider for two years, should be comfortable there now (even if the system changes slightly, I'd think it would be to feature him more) and there is the possibility that Brooks could stretch the field enough with Moss to allow Jordan to put up respectable numbers. He's got low mileage and is in his prime physically so he COULD have a strong campaign. This is assuming that the line gets its collective act together (Robert Gallery=overrated) and that Brooks will show signs of consistency as a passer. If any of those other conditions fail to materialize, Jordan will strive for mediocrity.

Looking at Art Shell's previous tenure with the Raiders, he looked very hesitant to give one back the rock and let him run.

Granted, there were all sorts of mitigating circumstances - Bo Jackson being there part-time, the productive Marcus Allen being on Al Davis' sh*t list, general lack of talent (leading rushers included Harvey Williams (282-983 in '94, Shell's last year - only time he approached having a workhorse), Greg Robinson, a washed-up Eric Dickerson, and a washed-up Roger Craig), but the fact is the team only cracked the top 10 in rushing attempts ONCE and the top 10 in rushing yds twice - and one of those was when Bo Jackson averaged 5.5 per carry.

The Raiders also failed to crack 10 rushing tds as a TEAM in 4 of the 5 3/4 seasons Shell was head coach - history shows that Art Shell is NOT a boon for RB production. Surprising, to me at least - I figured a former OL would work the running game to no end.

I'm curious to see how it all plays out, whether the issues with the Raider run game during Shell's previous tenure were due to Shell or the talent. I'm leaning towards Shell at this point. Jordan's #s might take a bit of a nosedive.

Jordan will have a solid year as a RB2 on your fantasy team. His yardage numbers should improve slightly, maybe 1200 and 10tds. I expect his receptions to go down somewhat tho, maybe to the 45-50 range.

Based on those numbers he'd be a solid number 1 RB. Teir 3 for sure.

I would guess he puts up similar numbers to last season, with less receptions as long as Brooks is at the helm. With Walter in there, you're looking at another K Collins.

Don't forget that the Raiders have an innovator at the OC position as well.

Shell's hand picked guy, Tom Walsh, has had 10 years running a Bed & Breakfast to dream up exotic new offensive game plans. :D

Looking at Art Shell's previous tenure with the Raiders, he looked very hesitant to give one back the rock and let him run.

Granted, there were all sorts of mitigating circumstances - Bo Jackson being there part-time, the productive Marcus Allen being on Al Davis' sh*t list, general lack of talent (leading rushers included Harvey Williams (282-983 in '94, Shell's last year - only time he approached having a workhorse), Greg Robinson, a washed-up Eric Dickerson, and a washed-up Roger Craig), but the fact is the team only cracked the top 10 in rushing attempts ONCE and the top 10 in rushing yds twice - and one of those was when Bo Jackson averaged 5.5 per carry.

The Raiders also failed to crack 10 rushing tds as a TEAM in 4 of the 5 3/4 seasons Shell was head coach - history shows that Art Shell is NOT a boon for RB production. Surprising, to me at least - I figured a former OL would work the running game to no end.

I'm curious to see how it all plays out, whether the issues with the Raider run game during Shell's previous tenure were due to Shell or the talent. I'm leaning towards Shell at this point. Jordan's #s might take a bit of a nosedive.

nice take.....

Don't forget that the Raiders have an innovator at the OC position as well.

Shell's hand picked guy, Tom Walsh, has had 10 years running a Bed & Breakfast to dream up exotic new offensive game plans. :D

:D Maybe the thought process is just to get the offense a good pre-game meal, as breakfast is the linchpin of any healthy diet.

"More blintzes, Randy?"

Short on time so won't be able to read over the previous 17 replies, but in a nut"Shell"...

New HC... Shell will pound the ball. Period. Jordan claimed he barely read the play book last season and supposedly has committed a ton of time to learning this offense backwards and forwards. He is going to get the rock.

Yeah, he had 70 receptions last year. That would be tough to duplicate but he will still be an important cog in the short passing game. Bet on it.

If the Brooks-Moss connection ends up working, it'll open up even more running lanes for Jordan. If the connection fails, as it generally did last season, then Jordan will again be the heart and soul of the offense. Either way, Jordan's primed for another solid fantasy season, IMO.

Short on time so won't be able to read over the previous 17 replies, but in a nut"Shell"...

New HC... Shell will pound the ball. Period.

Same as last year, that will depend on their D keeping them in the games.

I'm not sure that that is more due to circumstance than intent. If it's possible, Shell appears to have been cursed with too many HoF RBs in the same backfield at one time. Bo Jackson, Eric Dickerson and Marcus Allen. Roger Craig was no sloutch, either. That's a lot to juggle.

Looking back at 89-94 you get the feeling Shell had no choice but to go RBBC. He never had a RB with a 300 rush season. If you have Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen in the same backfield, RBBC is probably a natural result. If 1994 is any indication, Jordan should get the carries.

1989 (with Shanny)

17th rushing attempts

B. Jackson 173 attempts

M. Allen 69 attempts

S. Smith 117 attempts

6th rushing attempts

M. Allen 179 attempts

B. Jackson 125 attempts

S. Smith 81 attempts

13th rushing attempts

M. Allen 63 attempts

R. Craig 162 attempts

S. SMith 62 attempts

N. Bell 72 attempts

15th rushing attempts

M. Allen 67 attempts

N. Bell 81 attempts

E. Dickerson 187 attempts

19th rushing attempts

G. Robinson 156 attempts

N. Bell 67 attempts

:D

18th attempts

H. Williams 282

T. Montgomery 36

Edited by Clubfoothead

I'm not sure that that is more due to circumstance than intent. If it's possible, Shell appears to have been cursed with too many HoF RBs in the same backfield at one time. Bo Jackson, Eric Dickerson and Marcus Allen. Roger Craig was no sloutch, either.

Actually, by those points in time, Dickerson and Craig were TREMENDOUS slouches. Part of Shell's problem IMO was that if you look, Marcus Allen was getting the same # of carries as Nick Bell and Steve Smith - now, Jackson was a tremendous talent and Dickerson and Craig, while being CLEARLY on their downside had been signed to be "The Man" but considering the level of production Allen had in KC, SOMEBODY was making a massive mistake.

Looking back at 89-94 you get the feeling Shell had no choice but to go RBBC. He never had a RB with a 300 rush season.

My hesitancy is a combination of the fact that for whatever reason he never had a 300 carry RB PLUS the fact that his teams regularly finished no better than middle of the pack in rushing attempts, despite decent enough RB talent:

1989 (with Shanny)

17th rushing attempts

6th rushing attempts

13th rushing attempts

15th rushing attempts

19th rushing attempts

the team only cracked the top 10 in rushing attempts ONCE and the top 10 in rushing yds twice - and one of those was when Bo Jackson averaged 5.5 per carry.

The Raiders also failed to crack 10 rushing tds as a TEAM in 4 of the 5 3/4 seasons Shell was head coach

Edited by Chavez