[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Downgrade Portis Even More?

NavinRJohnson

The Redskins reported interested in Stephen Davis (yesterday) and TJ Duckett (today) has got to mean they are concerned with Portis's shoulder. I don't think we're getting the whole truth about Portis. It seems to me the Skins are thinking Portis's injury is going to linger throughout the season, or worse, put him out of action for an extended period of time. Why else would they be shopping for RBs so publically?

Betts is a fine backup for a week or two, but it seems they don't want to be stuck with him as a feature RB if Portis goes down. Bottom line...I just can't spend a 1st round pick on Portis right now. Can you?

I wouldn't read into that too much. I think the whole looking at Duckett thing is to improve their depth as it's looking like their backups aren't really producing.

Portis might miss week one but nothing on the news around here as suggested that he is in for a bad season.

Just read this today. Sounds to me like Portis doesn't think it's something that will bother him throughout the season.

And from all I've read Saunders and Gibbs love Betts. As Cliaz said I think they're looking for some depth.

I wouldn't read into that too much. I think the whole looking at Duckett thing is to improve their depth as it's looking like their backups aren't really producing.

Portis might miss week one but nothing on the news around here as suggested that he is in for a bad season.

I'm also from "around here" Cliaz, and as you know, you can't always believe the news inside the Beltway. That's all I'm sayin'...This interest in another RB, with Betts and Rock in the fold, is a red flag for me when I'm considering a #5 to #8 Pick.

i dont' know. i think you have to be a little worried. if they got either duckett or davis, you'd have to think they'd use them on the goalline.

Just read this today. Sounds to me like Portis doesn't think it's something that will bother him throughout the season.

And from all I've read Saunders and Gibbs love Betts. As Cliaz said I think they're looking for some depth.

OK, cue the Oliver Stone music...Dude, that's Redskins.com (owned by Danny Snyder). The new sportstalk station in town is owned by Danny Snyder (no Portis news there either)...I'm skeptical. If your car was in for an 1 week repair, would you be shopping around for a new ride if you had a nice backup ride in the garage? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by NavinRJohnson

i dont' know. i think you have to be a little worried. if they got either duckett or davis, you'd have to think they'd use them on the goalline.

I wouldn't be too worried about that. Portis has been abysmal at the goal line anyway. He normally scores from a few yards out. I can't remember him getting a 1 or 2 yard TD. I think if they were to get Duckett or Davis it would hurt Cooley's value more than it would Portis' value.

OK, cue the Oliver Stone music...Dude, that's Redskins.com (owned by Danny Snyder). The new sportstalk station in town is owned by Danny Snyder (no Portis news there either)...I'm skeptical. If your car was in for an 1 week repair, would you be shopping around for a new ride if you had a nice backup ride in the garage? It just doesn't make sense to me.

It was also reported in the Washington Post that he was doing non-contact conditioning work in practice yesterday without a sling and Bugel remarked that his healing powers are amazing. Read into it what you will, but I am convinced he will start the season and be fine. I think Betts is a free agent next year, and he will be in demand, which may have something to do with adding depth.

:fingerscrossed: