[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is the biggest A-HOLE in professional sports?

jmb_info

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, who do you think stood staunchly in the way every time selig et al tried to implement testing?

When did the owners/Selig ever want to implement testing? The boom in attendance/interest/revenues is directly correlated to the offensive explosion of the late 1990s. Think of the taxpayer dollars used to finance stadia which line the pocketbooks of franchises and players alike.

You can't blame this whole thing on one side or the other. The whole institution allowed it and turned a blind eye to it a decade ago.

For me I think you have to take into consideration the A Hole and the performance.

Certainly Bonds is up there, but he does perform...so you have to give him some credit even if it is clearly enhanced.

For me, I think guys like ME O (TO) and Kobe Bryant have to rank up there as far as today's athletes. Both of these guys are world class a holes but they also are routinely disrupting to their teams, which as far as I am concerned takes their A hole ness to exponential levels.

So...based on what we are seeing this preseason...with this being the year that ME O proves his worth...I think we can give him the crown and then retire it. I mean this guy seems intent on wrecking the whole NFC East.

Tell me you are not afraid of taking him this year.....

Sorry if that is a rant...

Oh and ill beat spain and h8 to it. I've waited tables long enough to make this generalization. Tiger Woods is black. Black people are notoriously bad tippers. You want fair representation, ask a black waitress/waiter, theyll tell ya the same. I dont presume to know why. I worked at a restaraunt down here in FL that the Williams sisters used to come to all the time. Multi-Millionaire athelete/celebrities and no one wanted to wait on them.

Where I'm sure this is the general consensus......I do have a few exceptions of note:

Buster Douglas was a fabulous tipper.

Jim Brown used to use my lounge for meetings while he was in town. While I have mixed feelings about him personally....he was very easy and respectful to wait on and tipped well.

James Brown.....what an extraordinary man. Just one of the classiest men you could ever hope to meet, IMO. Last time I saw him, he had on this camel colored, cashmere overcoat to DIE for....I can only imagine how much that set him back....LOL. VERY nice.....pleasant.....talkative and a hellacious tipper. :D

A couple friends of mine from high school own and started Hyde Park.....we heard ALL about Tiger stiffing the staff......LOL. Sometimes I wonder if people just think the tip was already included in the bill.....especially if they were with a larger party. I wonder if any of the guys on tour that he may hang out with have ever tried to take him aside and educate him on the etiquette of tipping. I've got to tell you....waiters and bartenders and skycaps and connsierges can make your life a WHOLE lot more pleasant in cities you frequent if you treat them right. :D

A lot of great nominations in this thread. I just wanted to add Ricky Williams to the list, what a "waste" of talent...

a waste, sure, but he never struck me as an a-hole at all. he actually seems like a very nice, mellow dude.

although i could see how anyone who had him in keeper/dynasty leagues a couple years ago could think he's an a-hole :D

Deion Sanders.

I and several people I know, have had the unfortunate experience of meeting him & working with him.

We are all in agreement, that the guy has his nose so far up his own butt, it's ridiculous.

a waste, sure, but he never struck me as an a-hole at all. he actually seems like a very nice, mellow dude.

although i could see how anyone who had him in keeper/dynasty leagues a couple years ago could think he's an a-hole :D

Yeah, drugs do not make you a bad guy. being a bad guy makes you a bad guy.

Williams seems like a very nice guy.

I agree with the majority with Bonds,Kobe and TO being the biggest ME-guys of their sports today.