[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joey Galloway

Genetic Jackhammer

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: he is 35 and just finally managed to reach the elite level; Gruden ain't no dummy but Galloway had his last gasp of glory. He shall now fade away into that good night as Clayton becomes the top option in Tampa.

I refer to situations like this by saying "Think 2003 Darrell Jackson." What I mean by that is while someone was jumping on the hot Koren Robinson I waited a couple rounds and grabbed Jackson.

Same deal here Galloway is good but the VALUE pick, with upside, is probably Clayton and he is a target of mine.

I actually think this is reversed for redrafts.

Galloway: 83 for 1287 and 10 TDs

Clayton: 32 for 372 and 0 TDs

Where were they drafted in, say, GVE's two drafts which are just now occuring?

Galloway: 75th (me) and 137th

Clayton: 81st and 68th

Galloway had literally 4x the points that Clayton had, but in a redraft Clayton has a higher ADP? When Gruden has repeatedly talked about how they will continue to showcase Galloway in 2006?

Galloway is the value here, not Clayton ...

Here are the ADPs according to Antsports:

23. Joey Galloway WR TBB 6.02.37 4.11 7.12 08.22 63

24. Lee Evans WR BUF 6.07.69 5.03 8.06 08.83 65

25. Rod Smith WR DEN 6.11.37 5.06 8.08 08.66 67

26. Reggie Brown WR PHI 7.02.57 5.05 8.10 07.97 70

27. Michael Clayton WR TBB 7.07.50 5.07 9.07 12.26 70

I actually think this is reversed for redrafts.

Galloway: 83 for 1287 and 10 TDs

Clayton: 32 for 372 and 0 TDs

Where were they drafted in, say, GVE's two drafts which are just now occuring?

Galloway: 75th (me) and 137th

Clayton: 81st and 68th

Galloway had literally 4x the points that Clayton had, but in a redraft Clayton has a higher ADP? When Gruden has repeatedly talked about how they will continue to showcase Galloway in 2006?

Galloway is the value here, not Clayton ...

Clayton played with injured all season long...it was his foot or ankle or something, I forget....

Galloway had two good, healthy years out of his last seven seasons, he's rarely combined health and good play....

I'd go with the younger WR a few rounds later..

Gruden might have found the secret to keeping Galloway healthy. Last season, galloway barely participated in training camp, He was there all the time but only practiced about maybe half as much as the other WR's. This was because Gruden wanted to keep the old man fresh. He has done the same with him this year. Since Galloway has been in Tampa, he has only missed the first couple games of the 2004 season and then has been perfectly healthy.

But of course he is 35.... :D

Galloway may not reach the numbers he had last season, but anyone that thinks he is going to drop off the planet is delusional. If you can grab him as a 3rd receiver I think that is a very prudent move.