[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deion Branch news...

Shakenbake

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny same thing was said about J. Walker and he did come back got hurt. Then the Packers SCREWED HIM, this is a business fellas. Sorry but I am on the players side when it come to those dollars. Because they can cut u at anytime and you lose that money. VS. u being able to leave them. This aint the NBA. Contracts not guarnteed even if you blow out both your knees.

Difference is Walker did it AFTER his big season, not before. What has Branch done to deserve big money?? 80 catches? NO. 1,000 yards? NO. My point was, come in and get the big numbers first, then there's a reason to hold out. As it stands now, he doesn't warrant #1 money because he hasn't proven to be a #1 WR.

Difference is Walker did it AFTER his big season, not before. What has Branch done to deserve big money?? 80 catches? NO. 1,000 yards? NO. My point was, come in and get the big numbers first, then there's a reason to hold out. As it stands now, he doesn't warrant #1 money because he hasn't proven to be a #1 WR.

i think you of all people would know that it's merely because of the offense and Mr. Spread-It-Around-Himself Brady.

The same said offense that is not very plug-and-play. The only thing that would make it "plug and play" is Brady and his abilities. But it still would help to have a reciever that has the timing and the system down, so Brady can be a little more automatic.

Funny same thing was said about J. Walker and he did come back got hurt. Then the Packers SCREWED HIM, this is a business fellas. Sorry but I am on the players side when it come to those dollars. Because they can cut u at anytime and you lose that money. VS. u being able to leave them. This aint the NBA. Contracts not guarnteed even if you blow out both your knees.

Javon we want you to fulfill your contract = SCREWING HIM. :D

What's the big deal? Branch is overrated, injury prone and hasn't even had a 1,000 yard season. He's not worth what ever raise he wants from his current deal. The Pats are wise not to cave in BUT Brady should be downgraded even though he spreads the ball around a lot. Losing your no. 1 and 2 receivers from last year is A LOT to overcome.

I don't see a team dealing with the Pats. They would have to give up a draft pick and negotiate a higher deal Branch isn't worth. Then again, I'm sure there is some team dumb enough out there to do that.

:D

I think that N.E. is just letting Branch get out there and see what his market value really is, i think that N.e> believes that when Branch finds this out from what other teams would be willing to offer him in a contract Branch will realize that it is pretty much what N.E. was offering him, and he will wind up staying in N.E. The Patriots are not a dumb organization...

:D 2004 superbowl ring a bell?

I think that N.E. is just letting Branch get out there and see what his market value really is, i think that N.e> believes that when Branch finds this out from what other teams would be willing to offer him in a contract Branch will realize that it is pretty much what N.E. was offering him, and he will wind up staying in N.E. The Patriots are not a dumb organization...

:D very interesting p.o.v. However, I think NYJ, or PHI would be willing to put a very nice deal on the table, because they need talent, and work ethic at the position, and I dont think ANYONE doubts Branch's ability to top 1100 yards an double digit TDs in a season.

Then, N.E. doesn't look so smart to send their #1 packing to a division rival in NYJ, which is really a SUPER SUPER fit for him. And I have no doubt NYJ would fatten his pockets up right...

I definitely agree with this, and do think it is smart on their part (the Pats), but I do think it hinders Brady slightly in taking away the one weapon that has the speed to break one.

Yes, Chad Jackson is just as fast if not faster but he needs to know the offense and get on the field before he is much of anything.

Just my :D

True but he did get them something that yr no one else was able to get a Ring! Thats a peace of history that will never be removed. So pay the man.

True but he did get them something that yr no one else was able to get a Ring! Thats a peace of history that will never be removed. So pay the man.

Interesting. He has a great SB, and deserves a giant, over-payed contract renewal before his current contract is finished? The Pat's didn't get to be the best organization in the NFL by over paying guys.

The Patriots O is a plug and play offense once guys learn it. Look at all the guys that have helped them win over the past five years or so. Givens, Patten, Brown, Graham, Fauria, K.Faulk, B.Johnson... many guys have come in and contributed. This year they'll still have Watson, Graham, Thomas, Mills, Faulk, Caldwell, Jackson, etc. They have guys that can catch the ball and the system will get them open, and Brady will find them.

:D I agree with this. With week 3 of preseason upon us, Branch would have little or no time to develop chemistry with his new team, let alone getting himself in game shape. He has chemistry with Brady but he still needs to get his arss onboard to sharpen it and get himself in game shape. I give him till mid-next week to get back to work. With the Patriots.

Interesting. He has a great SB, and deserves a giant, over-payed contract renewal before his current contract is finished? The Pat's didn't get to be the best organization in the NFL by over paying guys.

The Patriots O is a plug and play offense once guys learn it. Look at all the guys that have helped them win over the past five years or so. Givens, Patten, Brown, Graham, Fauria, K.Faulk, B.Johnson... many guys have come in and contributed. This year they'll still have Watson, Graham, Thomas, Mills, Faulk, Caldwell, Jackson, etc. They have guys that can catch the ball and the system will get them open, and Brady will find them.

if that was the case, why not just sign everyone to one year contracts and dump them at the end of the season. Or better, grab a nobody outta the FA pool, win the SB, and can them too..

come on man. You can't deny Branch's talent and knowledge of the system. YAC is a very important factor, not just hitting a man for a 9 yrd pass, but his ability to turn it into a 81 yard TD...:D

a great SB? how about two great superbowls?

anyway...i in the boat with the people who side with the players...especially in the nfl...they need to get their money as quick as they can....this isnt mlb where kevin appier can be sitting home collecting 10 mil a year from the anaheim angels...this isnt the nba either....

it really sucks when situations like this hit home with your team

its all good....diet pepsi machine was takin off PUP a few days ago and returned to practice