[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deion Branch news...

Shakenbake

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN game crew is reporting Denver is interested.

We'd love to have Deion as a Bronco! :D:D Does make me wonder if things are OK with Walker.

that honestly would make no sense unless Walker is not looking good and B Marshall is seriously hurt

I think that N.E. is just letting Branch get out there and see what his market value really is, i think that N.e> believes that when Branch finds this out from what other teams would be willing to offer him in a contract Branch will realize that it is pretty much what N.E. was offering him, and he will wind up staying in N.E. The Patriots are not a dumb organization...

Mort reported they gave Branch a week to do a trade, speculating he will find his market value and then they can negotiate a deal. Not bad so long as teams don't realise they are being used.

a great SB? how about two great superbowls?

anyway...i in the boat with the people who side with the players...especially in the nfl...they need to get their money as quick as they can....this isnt mlb where kevin appier can be sitting home collecting 10 mil a year from the anaheim angels...this isnt the nba either....

it really sucks when situations like this hit home with your team

its all good....diet pepsi machine was takin off PUP a few days ago and returned to practice

Look, I understand the players wanting to get their money when they can. But in this case I think Branch is wrong. He's still under contract, and he hasn't had the type of season yet for the Pat's to warrant paying him who he thinks he is. He wants Wayne money? Shut the F up, get into camp, and go out and put up Wayne numbers, then we can talk. The Pat's pay their players if they deserve it. Brady and Seymour are both at the top of the scale at their positions. If Branch put up the numbers this season, they'd pay him, he's still young. People that look at McGinest and Vinatieri and say the Pat's will screw Branch don't see the big picture. As a team, giving hugh contracts to aging players doesn't make sense. They give big contracts to young guys who can stick around for a while and help the team be the best for years to come.

Look, I understand the players wanting to get their money when they can. But in this case I think Branch is wrong. He's still under contract, and he hasn't had the type of season yet for the Pat's to warrant paying him who he thinks he is. He wants Wayne money? Shut the F up, get into camp, and go out and put up Wayne numbers, then we can talk. The Pat's pay their players if they deserve it. Brady and Seymour are both at the top of the scale at their positions. If Branch put up the numbers this season, they'd pay him, he's still young. People that look at McGinest and Vinatieri and say the Pat's will screw Branch don't see the big picture. As a team, giving hugh contracts to aging players doesn't make sense. They give big contracts to young guys who can stick around for a while and help the team be the best for years to come.

If Brady didn't look to make sure that every player on a team had a catch before throwing somebody a second ball, and didn't make sure that everyone caught a second ball before he throws somebody a third - than Branch may well put up Wayne numbers.