[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

is favre gonna try and break marino's TD record

cdj7k

brett favre has 396 career TD's. dan marino has 420. favre would need 25 this year to become the all-time QB touchdown king. do you think that is on his mind as he enters this year? i think it has to be. i think brett will try and break marinos record this year and then retire. he can hold the record at least a few years before peyton takes it from him. what do you all think?

anybody want to draft a guy who is going to try and score as many passing td's as possible, all he has to do is survive the defensive line beating he is going to get this year.

brett favre has 396 career TD's. dan marino has 420. favre would need 25 this year to become the all-time QB touchdown king. do you think that is on his mind as he enters this year? i think it has to be. i think brett will try and break marinos record this year and then retire. he can hold the record at least a few years before peyton takes it from him. what do you all think?

anybody want to draft a guy who is going to try and score as many passing td's as possible, all he has to do is survive the defensive line beating he is going to get this year.

:D i never thought of that..i've been thinking all year "why would he come back. it has to be to either try and get traded, or he's trying to break a record" but i never thought about the TD record...

I don't think the record is his primary motivation; he says it doesn't matter at all, but I'd be surprised if he isn't aware of it (he obviously was aware of Strahan making a run at the sack record), and my personal opinion is that he certainly would LIKE to have the record but won't cry himself to sleep if he comes up short.

Favre has got to be thinking about that TD record. He knows he has no shot at another ring this year. It'll be short-lived if he does get the record. Peyton is closing fast on every passing record there is.

:D

He'll be giong for it if it mean helping his team win. That's what he cares about; everything else is just people who don't like him speculating to try and make him look bad. The guy plays hard and for the love of the game/competition.

He'll be giong for it if it mean helping his team win. That's what he cares about; everything else is just people who don't like him speculating to try and make him look bad. The guy plays hard and for the love of the game/competition.

I like Favre ... but :D

:DManning has played for 8 years and has 33,000+ yards and 244 TDs. In 6-7 years, he'll own the yardage and TD marks.

I think you're right. Barring a significant injury, Manning's a lock to own the record books. IMO, Favre is the toughest player in the league, but Manning is right up there. Manning won't miss any games unless he's unable crawl into the huddle.

Favre will get the TD and the INT record this year, and I think he will retire amid much speculation and hoopla before the beginning of next season. And yes, I think he cares about the TD record. Who wouldn't?

nobody's trying to make him look bad. I think he deserves to hold that record, even for a season or so. There's no way he's playing for his team to win. He knows he can't carry a team anymore. He's playing for the love/passion of it, and if there's an NFL record "perk", so be it. He deserves it.

If he doesn't takes Marino's record at least he'll have a ring

I think you're right. Barring a significant injury, Manning's a lock to own the record books. IMO, Favre is the toughest player in the league, but Manning is right up there. Manning won't miss any games unless he's unable crawl into the huddle.

Favre will get the TD and the INT record this year, and I think he will retire amid much speculation and hoopla before the beginning of next season. And yes, I think he cares about the TD record. Who wouldn't?

I personally would like him to have both records. He's one of the only players that could hold a record like that, and not detract from his legacy.