[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seriously, has there ever been a more annoying announcer ?

Menudo

There is a VERY STRANGE and VERY SERIOUS obsession with Theisman on thie message board. Haven't figured out why, but I'm still in the middle of my investigation.

It's very simple. Listening to him gives you the urge to slap him upside the head. There is nothing to investigate. We simply hate him and are begging for mercy from the people that insist on inflicting him upon us..

Hey ESPN: :D

I'm really curious as to how many "i hate THIGHSGONE" threads there are around here. We should get big john to catalog them all, and we'll send them to ESPN with a signed petition of about 12,000,000 names saying to drop him a vat of boiling tar.

I'm really curious as to how many "i hate THIGHSGONE" threads there are around here. We should get big john to catalog them all, and we'll send them to ESPN with a signed petition of about 12,000,000 names saying to drop him a vat of boiling tar.

It's not just Theismann. As mentioned above, it's the whole crew. Mike Tirico is good at golf but not at calling football games.

I mean, it's MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL! For the love of God you put experienced announcers to call the games in the booth...not this "let's try it out and see what happens" crap!

At the very least, drop Theismann and definitely drop Kornheiser and bring in Dan Fouts. I am tired of hearing these two clowns prick each other. By week 10, they'll either be swinging at each other or getting a room! Why does Kornheiser feel he must verbally goad Theismann? That's not entertaining.

Edited by The Wolf

I literally turn the sound down when Phil Simms is calling games. I think he's taken one too many concussions. He's just a dolt. It wouldn't be so bad if Jim Nance wasn't constantly blowing smoke up his ass. At least Theismann has the occassional insightful comment, even though you hope he falls out of the booth the rest of the time.

Networks need to realize that we don't listen to announcers to be entertained. We watch football to be entertained. Pat Summerall in his play-by-play prime was so great because never tried to make himself part of the game. The only person who can remotely get away with that is Madden, who BTW I think has gotten better over the last few years at not letting his personality take over the game.

I literally turn the sound down when Phil Simms is calling games. I think he's taken one too many concussions. He's just a dolt. It wouldn't be so bad if Jim Nance wasn't constantly blowing smoke up his ass. At least Theismann has the occassional insightful comment, even though you hope he falls out of the booth the rest of the time.

Networks need to realize that we don't listen to announcers to be entertained. We watch football to be entertained. Pat Summerall in his play-by-play prime was so great because never tried to make himself part of the game. The only person who can remotely get away with that is Madden, who BTW I think has gotten better over the last few years at not letting his personality take over the game.

wow man. that was a good post. Been around 2 years with only 17 posts? you should frequent more often.

I don't mind Madden aside from his love fest with Brett Favre which borders on teeny-boopper New Kids on the Block paranoia.

Al Michaels is tolerable. He might be okay with Aikman too as Aikman actually makes some sense when giving color. Worst-ever color guy is Todd Christensen (whom I believe now calls games for Our Sister of the Perpetual Disappointment in Cedar Falls). Chris Collinsworth is also horrendous--someone might want to mention to Chris that he's no longer working for Cincy. Whatta homer.

Theismann's voice is like Jackie Joyner Kersee's nails scraping across the world's largest chalkboard.

Edited by Ruffian

the hatred for theisman extends far beyond this board.. if you look at any team's message board during their monday night game you will find the same string of posts.. actually it pretty much extends to any football discussion in the country during a monday night game. if you go to a bar or watch with friends you will hear the comments about how someone would like to snap both of his legs and cut out his tongue.

if it makes you guys feel any better.. just watch the hit

i dont like seeing guys get injured.. but idiots like him that disrespect fans and everyone else deserves it. i've heard a few stories about what an a$$ that guy is in person.