[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brian Griese

Flip_Side

No way Grossman starts opening day over him. Griese has had a steller pre-season and is posting great numbers so far tonight.

B. Griese 10/14 131 1 0

compared to Grossmans....

R. Grossman 13/21 117 0 1

but has Griese played with the 1st stringers?...

I don't think they are even considering this if he hasn't played with them...

but has Griese played with the 1st stringers?...

I don't think they are even considering this if he hasn't played with them...

They're plain dumb then, Grossman is throwing picks in preseason games come on now. Griese was what.. 6-1 last year until he got hurt? Grossman is plain horrible imo, if this team wants to anywhere it will be with Griese behind center.

They're plain dumb then, Grossman is throwing picks in preseason games come on now. Griese was what.. 6-1 last year until he got hurt? Grossman is plain horrible imo, if this team wants to anywhere it will be with Griese behind center.

this pre-season is the 1st time I've seen Grossman play bad...I have usually liked what he brings to the table...

I agree that they should give Griese a shot to win the starting job by having him take some reps with the 1st string..

Grossman looked a lot better tonight. He spread the ball around, and made better decisions. Griese still looked even better, though.

At this point, they can't give Griese the start in Week 1, he just hasn't gotten the work with the #1's in camp.

I just finished watching the game and I have to tell you on 90% of Griese's throws those receivers were open by 5 yards. It just means that the Bear's second string receivers were eating up the Cardinal's second string defensive backs. All Griese had to do is hit them in the hands. Which he did very well but the Bear's first string receivers do not get that kind of separation against other teams starting defensive backs. Griese give us Bear fans hope, for the first time ever, that if Grossman fails that we will be OK.

Grossman looked good in the first half but a little shakey in the second. But the first half was really good. He had nice touch on the ball and was delivering it at the right time. The only knock I have on Grossman is that he seems to choak in the red zone. I think he tries to force it and doesn't take what the defense gives him. I have no problem with Grossman starting the season but the leash will be short.

I just finished watching the game and I have to tell you on 90% of Griese's throws those receivers were open by 5 yards. It just means that the Bear's second string receivers were eating up the Cardinal's second string defensive backs. All Griese had to do is hit them in the hands. Which he did very well but the Bear's first string receivers do not get that kind of separation against other teams starting defensive backs. Griese give us Bear fans hope, for the first time ever, that if Grossman fails that we will be OK.

Grossman looked good in the first half but a little shakey in the second. But the first half was really good. He had nice touch on the ball and was delivering it at the right time. The only knock I have on Grossman is that he seems to choak in the red zone. I think he tries to force it and doesn't take what the defense gives him. I have no problem with Grossman starting the season but the leash will be short.

Nice analysis, and while I didn't see the game, I can certainly see how this is the case.

Griese is a solid game-manager and I think the team wouldn't miss a beat with him as the starter.

Grossman needs to stay healthy to surprise the football (fantasy football included) community.

Ugh... I live in chicago and QBs have been a problem for so many years with the Bears. Grossman has the potential of being a good QB, at least that is what the Brass in the front office keeps claiming. I would love to have a year without muisical QBs. :D

We all would love for Plan A to work and be effective. But this is the first year in the Angelo tenure that we actually have a Plan B. I'm comfortable with that.

Grossman really likes to look downfield. He could really burn some teams with that power rushing game. Griese seems to be efficient to keep the chains moving. Seems like Griese would be a better fit for the field position game. He would offer more 3rd n shorts.

Grossman did a much better job of finding the check down last night, as evidenced by how much he spread the ball around.

My big problem with him is that when they get into the red zone, he is just a below average QB. I have seen all the games that he has played, and I still think, at this point, in every single pre-season game he has played, he's never thrown a TD to a WR....ever.

I'm not sure how many TD passes he has in his career, but I would guess, even in the regular season, he has only thrown less than 20% of those to a WR--usually a FB or TE.

Griese does give this team some hope because the game is much slower to his eye and he makes his reads and lets the ball go. That's his only chance, and I do believe that Lovie Smith believes this defense is Super Bowl quality, he's not going to let Grossman hang out to dry much further than Week 4 if he doesn't perform.

I'm quite sure you're joking here--

Nope, picked 10th in a 16 team league:

Griese, Brian CHI QB - 7 12.07

Barber, Marion DAL RB - 3 7.10

Bennett, Michael KCC RB - 3 10.07

Drew, Maurice JAC RB - 6 8.07

Johnson, Rudi CIN RB - 5 1.10

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB - 6 6.07

Carter, Drew CAR WR - 9 14.07

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR - 9 5.10

Driver, Donald GBP WR - 6 3.10

Gabriel, Doug OAK WR - 3 9.10

Owens, Terrell DAL WR - 3 2.07

Williams, Reggie JAC WR - 6 11.10

Crumpler, Alge ATL TE - 5 4.07

Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE - 6 15.10

Carney, John NOS PK - 7 16.07

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def 13.10

I am not a person into jokes, so don't treat me like a clown next time.

You are like me..you know you will be able to trade for 1. QB's are a dime a dozen and everyone who has some extra will make you their prime target to trade with. you will get 1 cheaper like that than where you would of had to draft 1.

Edit: that is the best new avatar I have seen in a while.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I've never seen your red nose or long, funny shoes---I couldn't imagine only having Griese on the roster.

I'm so sorry, Mr. hate....my deepest apologies for hurting your feelings. :D

When CHI decides to get serious about winning, they'll substitute Griese for Grossman.

Grossman has all the look of a journeyman/2nd string QB. His deep ball is completely awful & he throws into multiple coverage way too much for a QB with his limited arm strength. Griese has proven himself in 2 locations as being capable of putting up very good numbers as a #1 QB and he seems to be a perfect fit for what the Bears try to do on O.

With Griese starting & Grossman #2 and learning, it would seem that's would produce a much more effective offense that what we're seeing from the Bears' first string right now.

I think you better explain the wacky scoring rules, because at first glance, that team is a pile of steaming dung.

No joke.

Edited by skins

When CHI decides to get serious about winning, they'll substitute Griese for Grossman.

Grossman has all the look of a journeyman/2nd string QB. His deep ball is completely awful & he throws into multiple coverage way too much for a QB with his limited arm strength. Griese has proven himself in 2 locations as being capable of putting up very good numbers as a #1 QB and he seems to be a perfect fit for what the Bears try to do on O.

With Griese starting & Grossman #2 and learning, it would seem that's would produce a much more effective offense that what we're seeing from the Bears' first string right now.

I like Grossman and griese. I think it is so close to which should be starting it is a tossup.

I think the Bears may be thinking along similar lines and giving Grossman 1 more chance to become the starter. if he gets hurt I would imagine Griese would take over and Grossman would get no more chances.

I think you better explain the wacky scoring rules, because at first glance, that team is a pile of steaming dung.

Shoo quitter, play in a league past the opening weekend and maybe someone will care...

Pick 10 in a 16 team league, I think I will do fine. I'll take a 0 for 3 weeks from my QB and still do great. No flex, 2 rb and 2 WR, mandatory TE... why am I bothering, Football players are Republicans, I have no idea why you even bother.

Kemp, Swan, Lagent, Brady... we own this sport, go watch ghetto b-ball.