[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the deal with the rookie QBs?

LooGie

I know it's just pre-season, but Alex Smith looks TERRIBLE compared to Leinart (with a whopping week in training camp under his belt) and Young, and basically all the QBs taken on the first day.

Is it something they're feeding college kids that wasn't around last year? Or just confidence? Leinart has a calm, coolness to him that makes him look like his daddy owns the team or something. He looks like a vet in his swagger...

For the record, I believe SF may have damaged Smiths career the way they threw him to the dogs last year. He obviously has NO self confidence. You can tell he's DESPERATE to do good. He can't throw a TD to save his life. I really feel bad for him.

For the record, I believe SF may have damaged Smiths career the way they threw him to the dogs last year. He obviously has NO self confidence. You can tell he's DESPERATE to do good. He can't throw a TD to save his life. I really feel bad for him.

I'll bet Elway is crying right now too.

Do or do not....

Excatly how many millions is he being paid? I should have the priviledge of being so unhappy with myself....sheesh... :D

I'll bet Elway is crying right now too.

Do or do not....

Excatly how many millions is he being paid? I should have the priviledge of being so unhappy with myself....sheesh... :D

I'm not saying I want to send him a letter expressing my sorrow for how unfortunate he is. Every competitor wants to do well though, even if he is getting paid to suck (at the time being, anway, if he keeps sucking, that won't be a problem I'm sure) I'm quite certain he would love to get all that cash, AND actually become an asset to a winning football team. Or at least get his rating up to something respectable.

Look back at where they went to college. Smith at Utah...ugh!...Leinart at USC and Young at Texas. Premier programs that heap the spotlight squarely on the top players. Not saying that this is a guarantee for success because PLENTY have failed, but I do think it helps set these two QBs' temperament and the way they carry themselves. These guys are cool customers and that trait will only help once they get under center. They've also had plenty of success between them...national championships, a Heisman and more Heisman consideration over the past few years since Archie Griffin. That has to bring unbelievable confidence!