[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A. Gates Status?

daylight

DRAFT HIM!

The paper didn't indicated the injury is serious, so fantasy owners shouldn't overreact to this news and do something rash like remove Gates from the top spot in your tight end rankings.

Tight is not injured. Precautionary only. Gates is too valuable to risk during pre-season. Just like LT, don't expect to see much of him 'till opening day!! :D

No news is good news in these cases as well. There is a big battle going on between two TEs in San Diego for the third spot. Both are dinged right now and are very close. There could be a "nut-up" factor that the Boltz are looking at to see which one steps up and plys through the boo-boos. Whichever one does win this spot, he will be the TE pass-catcher in that offense if Gates misses any time during the season.

yeah, the only hammy that I am concerned about is TO's and MAYBE Ward's.....maybe...

gates, Steve Smith and anyone else who apparently has a pulled hammy is just hiding behind TO's injury and trying to fudge with our fantasy football rankings!! :D

i did finally look at Gates' schedule the first five weeks and it is pretty brutal, which gave me pause for about a half a second.

I saw in another post the strategy that i would love to pull off if i get a top three pick (determined five minutes before the draft today):

Top 3 RB/Gates/WR1, but I am willing to go down to Wayne if all the Tier 1 WRs are gone.

i did finally look at Gates' schedule the first five weeks and it is pretty brutal, which gave me pause for about a half a second.

I saw in another post the strategy that i would love to pull off if i get a top three pick (determined five minutes before the draft today):

Top 3 RB/Gates/WR1, but I am willing to go down to Wayne if all the Tier 1 WRs are gone.

I did almost the same thing in my 12 team league. I drafted 5th and took S Jax, then went Gates in the 2nd, and Wayne in the third.

That is exactly what I did in the HOT League I'm in. Ended up with Rhodes as RB2 though.