[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Terrell Owens

matt770

T.O. -- Top Tier WR?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, where do you rank T.O. among the rest of the WR class?

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-10
    • 11-13
    • 14-20
    • 21+
  2. 2. What are the odds he plays 16 games?

• 98% -- I think he explodes week 1 and never looks back.
    • 75% -- I think he misses a couple, maybe 3 games but still has a great year.
    • 50% -- The hammy is acting up again, and he's in Parcells' dog house and it ain't even week. I'm worried.
    • 25% -- Looks like a repeat of '05.
    • 2% -- It would be a miracle if T.O.'s mouth or fragile body, or both, don't cost him some significant playing time.
    • Odds are the same as for any other player -- can't predict injuries & suspensions.
  3. 3. As of today, would you draft T.O. for your fantasy team? Assume it's your most competitive cash / bragging rights league.

• Absolutely, early second round if not sooner. No one is better when healthy.
    • Still a top tier WR, but barely. If the rest of the studs are off the board, I'll hold my breath and pick him.
    • I may or may not draft him, depends on how much I like my earlier picks.
    • Mid to late third round, sure. He's risky but that's good value.
    • I wouldn't even touch him in the 4th round or later. He's a waste of roster space.
  4. 4. Did you draft T.O. last year?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Did he cost you in the playoffs?

• No, I won the title without him.
    • Not really, I still finished in the money.
    • Probably, I just missed winning the title game.
    • Definitely, the loss of his production cost me dearly.

Way too much risk for my taste, despite his ability to put up massive numbers. He's already pissed off Parcells seriously enough that DAL has taken 2 MRIs on him (both turned up negative, I might add). That smells like justification for punitive action against him by DAL. That he thinks he doesn't need to practice also makes me very wary - that crap might work in today's NBA, but not in a team game like the NFL. Glenn is perfectly capable of being the #1 WR in DAL, which also limits TO some.

I'd take him in the 4th round if he were still there, buy then I can cover him if he flops. But I also know by then someone will have drafted him before me, which is fine with me - let someone else decide on Sunday at 5 minutes before gametime whether to start him or not with his pulled pusly muscle.

Part of me thinks he's scripting some of this. The MRIs were negative, so you have to consider that he may be faking it. Then imagine the glowing praise when he goes out and scores 8 TDs in his first 5 weeks without seeing any action in the preseason with a new offense and QB. That could be what he's fantasizing about right now. He likes to build up the me vs. the world thing in his own mind, and probably wants desperately to prove all the doubters wrong. That's why he's so tantalizing and so risky. No one tries harder than him, but he sacrifices his body in the process.

That's a little too late IMO, but the hammy is a concern and I wouldn't touch him in the first two rounds.

same here...I could have had him and Fitz...but I wanted to make sure I had my 2 RB's before going WR again...and he went right before I was going to take him...

same thing with Culpepper...I was being dumb, I took Mike Bell in the 5th when I should have taken Culpepper and then Bell on the wrap around as I was drafting 9th and 4th on the wraparound....

I could have had Bell in the 8th...but hindsight is fantastic, isn't it?

same here...I could have had him and Fitz...but I wanted to make sure I had my 2 RB's before going WR again...and he went right before I was going to take him...

same thing with Culpepper...I was being dumb, I took Mike Bell in the 5th when I should have taken Culpepper and then Bell on the wrap around as I was drafting 9th and 4th on the wraparound....

I could have had Bell in the 8th...but hindsight is fantastic, isn't it?

You love C-Pep that much? Bell has the bigger upside in that situation IMO.

Bledsoe is solid

I think this will be TO's biggest problem this year. Bledsoe (and the DAL O-line) playing well will mean spreading the ball around. I heard on ESPN a while back that no Parcell's coached WR has ever had 100 receptions and only once has a WR had double digit TD's (Keyshawn). Combined with the fact that Bledsoe and Glenn have a good combination going and Bledsoe and TO have barely worked together, this all points to TO not being not being the main attraction and not being a very happy WR in Dallas. We have all see what happens to teams where TO is not happy...

I just traded for Owens in my local. So, obviously I think he'll be fine.

I don't worry too much about what players are doing in August. As a matter of fact, I'd rather have him not playing in these stupid preseason games. And if his hammy is bothering him, I'd rather have him sitting on a stationary bike watching practice than out there doing additional damage.

And I'm not worried about Parcells benching him, cutting him, or doing anything silly like that. Parcells is a desperate man. He barely has a .500 record with the Cowboys. He hasn't been to a Super Bowl in a decade. His head-games don't work with players anymore. Right now, he needs TO more than TO needs him.

Owens will sit on the bench for a series or two opening day, then he'll come in, catch a pass, take it to the house, the Cowboys will win, he'll give the media some sound bytes, Parcells will give the media sound bytes, we'll hang on their words and try to overanalize everything like a bunch of morans, then he'll come out the following week and repeat the process.

Won't be drafting TO in any of my leagues. Not because I consider him completely undraftable, but because I consider him undraftable at where I know he'll go. Someone will pull the trigger on him before I would be comfortable doing so.

It's possible that TO will do the right thing. It's possible that he and Parcells are okay and will continue to be. It's even a possibility that he and Bledsoe will have a good relationship.

But he did the same stuff to Mariucci, to Garcia, to Reid and McNabb, and it appears he is off to a great start once again in Dallas. I'll say one thing about TO--he is nothing if he is not consistent.

I have always respected TO on the field and have never given a crap about his (or anyone elses) off field antics. Every WR (it seems) is nursing some type of injury this time of year........TO is not alone, but, hey, if you are the best at your position and with the past history that trails him, all the attention is on him. This is fine, because thats what he wants. When its reg season, game time, he will be there and after the first time he takes it to the house, all will be forgotten.

With the recent events in Dallas, I'm curious to see how risk averse my fellow Huddlers are. Do you still draft him as a top tier WR or is he just too much of a risk?

I had him his last year and SF and that was it. If he's there in the 4th round maybe.

It's possible that TO will do the right thing. It's possible that he and Parcells are okay and will continue to be. It's even a possibility that he and Bledsoe will have a good relationship.

But he did the same stuff to Mariucci, to Garcia, to Reid and McNabb, and it appears he is off to a great start once again in Dallas. I'll say one thing about TO--he is nothing if he is not consistent.

Anyone think about locking him out of the facilites on every day but game day? He can work out on his own and then just show up and play.

Terrell not only is practicing not a requirement, we don't want you to practice. In fact we don't want you anywhere near the team. Just show up and play. Read your contract. :D

Edited by Randall

How come every time T.O. is in the media it is because it is the media's fault? It happens every year. Maybe T.O. has something to do with it.

Dude is right though. The reason TO's hammy is such a big issue is because the media made it a big issue. Steve Smith has missed nearly all of TC with a hammy issue but you don't hear anyone talking about him. The first day TO missed practice, the media, especially the NFL live crew, was all over it like stink on POOP. They haven't let up. I really think Parcells isn't even concerned but he is playing the media and trying to get everyone to believe this is a big deal when to him it really isn't.

Edited by Brentastic

Dude is right though. The reason TO's hammy is such a big issue is because the media made it a big issue. Steve Smith has missed nearly all of TC with a hammy issue but you don't hear anyone talking about him. The first day TO missed practice, the media, especially the NFL live crew, was all over it like stink on POOP. They haven't let up. I really think Parcells isn't even concerned but he is playing the media and trying to get everyone to believe this is a big deal when to him it really isn't.

I agree with this post up until the part about Parcells not being concerned.If T.O. had played in this offense before,with this QB,maybe.I think Bill's pissed and IMHO,if T.O. does'nt soon get to practice and make an appearance in the last pre-season game,he won't be on the field week one.

I understand, but if T.O. didn't pull all of the crap he has over his career then it wouldn't be an issue. The guy is a powder keg and the media is just waiting until he ignites. He brought this media craze on himself, which he seems to love, so it is no one's fault but his own. Steve Smith on the other hand is not know for being a pain in the butt so he doesn't attract so much attention.